robax (DayZ)

Free-look gone all funny

Hi all,

Either because of the latest update, or because I've done something silly, my free-look has gone all funny.

Note that this is not due to couple-tapping the alt key... I know about that.

Instead, the change is:

When I press Alt and them move my mouse to one side, it will no longer move once I've stopped moving it.

So.. press Alt.. start free-looking in any single direction, stop the mouse, and then it refuses to free-look any further. The only way to fix it is to let go of Alt again which causes the view to snap back to normal. Then I can do it all over again any number of times.

So basically, free-look gets stuck after the initial mouse movement, and it releasing free-look is the only way to bring it back to normal.

Did I just describe that three times over?

I've reset the controller settings, but it is still the same.

Any ideas?

Rob

I experienced this just last night after finding new private hive server. Found me a bike and the ''chase cam'' was all the way down so I was basically looking at characters back.. Usually, I believe if you move your mouse forward, the camera goes to higher position but that didn't work. The walkaround was to use Alt key.

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

HAve you got one of those gamer keyboards with quick keys on? have you tried a different keyboard?

Thanks for the replies.

No, it's just the same plain old Dell keyboard with no extra buttons or functionality. The keys work fine otherwise. Only this weirdness in free-look.