toxicsludge

Just in case you missed it...

The problem you have there is that people run long distances for two reasons - to shake off a zombie or to get somewhere when they don't have transport. Even now, walking from one town to the next can take at least ten minutes, often up to fifteen. If you start slowing people down after a couple of hundred meters, that travel time is going to go up even further, and DayZ will become a hiking simulator with occasional zombie outbreaks.

Well in the SA there will be more to do at each location with all the enterable buildings. You'll probably not feel like you're doing half as much running as in the mod. Generally most players will spawn and head straight for their favorite loot spot. You won't need to head straight for Cherno anymore!

Now I think about it, its gonna be fucking awsome. There will be players all over the place because you don't have to do the circuit round the big towns to get lots of loot.

• Like 1

The single most important change with the standalone is that I won't have to worry about the script kiddies. Everything else is just white noise. I can relearn how to take out zeds, especially so since I heard that there will be a limited number of zeds created at the server start. I would love to gear up and stalk all the coast towns to allow the bambis to roam free

especially so since I heard that there will be a limited number of zeds created at the server start.

Sorry, that sounds like a rather stupid idea. Do you have a source for this, or did you think saying 'I heard' would be an adequate replacement for any kind of fact?

Edited by Target Practice

Hello there

what scares me more is non descriptive titles.

Rgds

LoK

I only used that title for bait to lure you in here Lok, for you see, I have somewhat of a man-crush on you...

;)

I think it was perfect when the only way to get rid of the zombies was to shoot them in the head! And buildings where like death traps.

You actually had to sneak into cities instead of just running.

And if you where out of bullets it basicly meant you where dead.

If they would just fix hacking and disconnecting in the standalone we would have a perfect game.

I don't care about clothing, different menus, more enterable buildings etc. All those things could be added later when the biggest issues has been adressed.

• Like 1

In my opinion zombies MUST be the main problem of any lone or small survivor group, problems arising from conflictual relationships between players should happen only for large, well organized groups...with all the consequences about betrayals and maybe the possibility to turn into personal advantage the use of the undeads to achieve own sordid personal targets.

The Z's capability to run inside buildings and berserker-like behaviour will get an interesting SA.

• Like 1