Sign in to follow this  
Hirox3

Can i Play Day Z with this?

i saw this laptop on PC World and it looks cheap and pretty good!

HP Pavilion g6-1220sa Refurbished 15.6" Laptop - Charcoal Grey

General Information

Processor AMD A8-3500M

- 2 MB L2 cache

Operating System Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM 6 GB

Graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6620G Discreet-Class

Screen type 39.6 cm (15,6") High-Definition LED BrightView Display

Screen resolution (1366 x 768)

Screen size 15.6"

Screen features High-Definition LED BrightView Display (1366 x 768)

Hard drive 1 TB

Optical disk drive SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

Memory card reader Multi-Format

USB 3 USB 2.0

Modem/Ethernet Integrated 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN

WiFi 802.11 b/g/n

TV output VGA

HDMI

Sound Altec Lansing speakers

Webcam Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone (VGA)

Battery 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery

Size 37.4 x 24.5 x 3.63 cm

Weight 2.55 kg

Link to this laptop: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-g6-1220sa-refurbished-15-6-laptop-charcoal-grey-12263581-pdt.html

Like I said in the other thread, a resounding no.

Try Arma 2 Free. It's available on Steam under Arma 2 > Demo. This is the same as the full game but with lower resolution textures. It will give you a good idea if it runs OK.

Yes that will run the game, these people dont lnow what. They are talking about. He has an APU wich is a proccesor with a very powerfull intergrated gpu wich can easily play arma 2 on low-medium with 30 fps

Yes that will run the game' date=' these people dont lnow what. They are talking about. He has an APU wich is a proccesor with a very powerfull intergrated gpu wich can easily play arma 2 on low-medium with 30 fps

[/quote']

It will probably run, but not terribly well. The processor portion of that APU is pretty slow, and ARMA2/DayZ is heavily dependent on processor speed too, not just GPU: http://techreport.com/articles.x/21099/8

Try Arma 2 Free. It's available on Steam under Arma 2 > Demo. This is the same as the full game but with lower resolution textures. It will give you a good idea if it runs OK.

Yep this is probably the best way to find out how well it will run without buying ARMA2:CO. Just keep in mind DayZ tends to run a bit slower than ARMA2 does (at least on my PC).

Yes that will run the game' date=' these people dont lnow what. They are talking about. He has an APU wich is a proccesor with a very powerfull intergrated gpu wich can easily play arma 2 on low-medium with 30 fps

[/quote']

It will probably run, but not terribly well. The processor portion of that APU is pretty slow, and ARMA2/DayZ is heavily dependent on processor speed too, not just GPU: http://techreport.com/articles.x/21099/8

You dont need to show me articles' date=' I have built machines for friends that wanted to play arma 2 (before dayz was around) and 1 off them was on a budget and I made one with an APU for him when the llano series came out. He is running the game at medium on 1680x1050 with 40 fps steady. When dayz came it dropped to ~35 fps.

This is a mobile version though so thats why I am saying low-medium at 30 fps.

Yep this is probably the best way to find out how well it will run without buying ARMA2:CO. Just keep in mind DayZ tends to run a bit slower than ARMA2 does (at least on my PC).

[/quote']

if you run it with arma 2 free then maybe, but i doubt it will run with the full arma 2

Guys i do not have this laptop yer but i've just turned 14 and im wondering if i could upgrade the graphics card? im not so good with computers

For 99,9% of all laptops no. There might be some exotic laptops which have upgradeable graphic cards.

if the graphics card doesnt say integrated then i can upgrade it right?