r4z0r49

DayZ 1.7.5.1 Bug List

Dunno if the whole script restrictions are to do with this update, I think someone on the forums said it was a compatability error. Not really sure, but I know that my friends and me have been getting kicked for them every time we play since the new patch and we have to delete the BE client to temp fix it everytime we want to play, and this had happened only a few times in the last 6 months of playing dayz before the new patch.

Also related to the heli crashes, we were on a server last night where we found 15-20 heli crashes all spawned at the same time. This was a normal hive server so I assume it is a bug with the new patch although it may have been server side.

Sounds like server-side bugs. Are you sure it was a public hive (US #225 or something like that, not a custom name)?

As for the kicks, I'm still suspecting half the server admins are too lazy to update all their files properly, or use an outdated private server pack.

"As long as it starts up, that means it's running perfectly, right?" mentality.

Edited by Elvaron

Bugs I've seen so far:

- Zeds attack you in a vehicle as if you're just standing there. They were supposed to break the glass, THEN be able to damage you.

- Vehicle repairs are off. Multiple times I've come across a vechicle and everything is red in it. When I go outside it to repair, it only gives me one option to fix (fueltank parts for example). When I fix that one thing, all the other items are magically repaired to green. When I log back in and check the damage on the outside, everything else is either yellow or green, yet the damage indicator inside the vehicle shows everything green.

Sounds like server-side bugs. Are you sure it was a public hive (US #225 or something like that, not a custom name)?

As for the kicks, I'm still suspecting half the server admins are too lazy to update all their files properly, or use an outdated private server pack.

"As long as it starts up, that means it's running perfectly, right?" mentality.

I know it was definately public hive cause I have all my old gear on it, but yes you are probably right about the server side bug. Unfortunately there is no way to contact the admin so I will have to wait for them to update.

Sorry for spoiling it, but has anyone else had their ammo stocks reload when you reconnect to a server? Was that updated some point ago and I missed it?

Also, joining servers has gotten A LOT more wonky since the update. How much of that fault is server-side I don't know (I'd hazard mostly their fault).

• Like 1

Sorry for spoiling it, but has anyone else had their ammo stocks reload when you reconnect to a server? Was that updated some point ago and I missed it?

Hasn't that been this way for a long time? I knew people who would reconnect anytime they got down to 1 bullet in the clip as a "fast & reload" cheat in previous versions.

The ammo issue has been fixed and was a mistake in the patch.

The original issue, wayyyyyy back when, was that mags that had some amount of rounds fired were deleted by the server upon rejoin. To fix that issue, Rocket made all mags refill themselves. Then in late summer, Rocket fixed the underlying issue (mags deleting themselves) and we started having the correct amount of mags in the guns at all times. When you say it's been fixed, are you talking about the late summer 'fix'? And you guys are on it to fix it for the next patch, right?

/edit durrr just re-read the OP. Sorry, just saw it got updated. Disregard.

Edited by Udak

Hi R4zor49, is there an acknowledgement of the M4A1 torch bug? any "it's on the to do list!" kinda thing? a, "we have our best people working noon and night to recitify the situation!" eh eh? no pressure like..

Has anyone else noticed that infections seem to be pretty buggy?

I was unfortunate enough to catch an infection not tremendously long after spawning (don't entirely know how - my Temp gauge hasn't been anything other than red for days, hadn't come across any survivors, drank any water or taken any damage from infected), and after not finding any of those rare-as-rocking-horse-poop antibiotics at Cherno or Elektro's hospitals, I figured it'd be something I'd just have to live with.

However, slowly but surely, over the next hour or so, my blood dropped lower and lower. I definitely wasn't bleeding, hungry or thirsty, but eventually my blood dropped to the level where my vision started to give out. At that point, realising I was screwed, I aggroed a couple of zeds and found somewhere safe to die so I could come back for my gear. Point is, I thought the infection was only supposed to drag your blood down to about 50% and then stop? If not, and I've imagined that, then there might be a balance issue with Antibiotics being so rare, as that would make getting an infection all but a death sentence for most players.

Either way, something wasn't quite right about that whole situation. On a vaguely related note, is it just me, or does body temp not seem to be dropping at all? Maybe I'm just not paying attention, but I've been caught out in the rain for extended periods of time and not seen that HUD indicator change at all.

Bug.

Was on a server. Server was resetting. I get the red message, "cannot connect..." I go to abort and I get the logout timer, even though there is no longer a server to connect to.

I was unfortunate enough to catch an infection not tremendously long after spawning (don't entirely know how - my Temp gauge hasn't been anything other than red for days, hadn't come across any survivors, drank any water or taken any damage from infected), and after not finding any of those rare-as-rocking-horse-poop antibiotics at Cherno or Elektro's hospitals, I figured it'd be something I'd just have to live with.

However, slowly but surely, over the next hour or so, my blood dropped lower and lower. I definitely wasn't bleeding, hungry or thirsty, but eventually my blood dropped to the level where my vision started to give out. At that point, realising I was screwed, I aggroed a couple of zeds and found somewhere safe to die so I could come back for my gear. Point is, I thought the infection was only supposed to drag your blood down to about 50% and then stop? If not, and I've imagined that, then there might be a balance issue with Antibiotics being so rare, as that would make getting an infection all but a death sentence for most players.

Either way, something wasn't quite right about that whole situation. On a vaguely related note, is it just me, or does body temp not seem to be dropping at all? Maybe I'm just not paying attention, but I've been caught out n the rain for extended periods of time and not seen that HUD indicator change at all.

Same here. I got an infection but the temperature didn't change. Blood went to zero without any other indication but trembling.

_Anubis_

great to see those bugs being squashed :D

Also, dunno if its been mentioned or even if its a specific patch issue, but backpacks tend to disappear in the ground either when trading for another or dropping said backpack to pick up a new one, event seems to be random...

Same problem with the M4A3 CCO aswell

mine was working no problem last night on the public hive with the latest DayZ patch and running 101480 beta, however the M4A1 has never worked anytime i've used it..

no, I mean what I say, the M4A1 holo torch still isn't working..

M4A1_HWS_GL.jpg

If that's Arma 2 weapon then there's a chance that the torch haven't ever worked and then it's Arma's problem.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Either way, something wasn't quite right about that whole situation. On a vaguely related note, is it just me, or does body temp not seem to be dropping at all? Maybe I'm just not paying attention, but I've been caught out in the rain for extended periods of time and not seen that HUD indicator change at all.

Everything I'm about to post is just my experience, but bear with me here:

No idea how you got an infection. Can't help you there, BUT antibiotics now have a much higher rate of spawn--last three times I've been to a hospital in Cherno or BZ, i've seen more than 1 antibio in there. From [http://www.dayzwiki....ersion_1.7.5.1]

"[uPDATED] - Changed Loot tables to increase the supply of Antibiotic drops

Also, your blood level drops 3pts/sec, until you hit 3k blood (25%). Pretty serious business. Vision starts dimming around 5k, so it will absolutely mess with your sight. Same source as above, from the same patch:

[FIXED] - Infection is now fixed loss of blood 3 per sec (will not drop below 3k blood)

In regards to lowering your temp--running around/moving naturally raises body temp, so in order to 'get' cold, you have to remain relatively stationary, at night, in the rain. Day time raises temp, moving raises temp, and no rain at least doesn't decrease it further. It's pretty hard to get low enough to trigger an infection, and thats the main reason antibiotics were so rare before.

Same here. I got an infection but the temperature didn't change. Blood went to zero without any other indication but trembling.

_Anubis_

There's a whole bunch of fun new ways to catch infection. Drinking any kind of unboiled water (including from the taps), receiving a blood transfusion, eating uncooked meats, receiving a hit from a zombie (used to be 1/1000 chance, now it's 1/500). Try to pay attention to see if your guy is sneezing, that's usually the giveaway. I don't know your proficiency at DayZ, but sneezing, rather than trembling, is the giveaway for a cold. Trembling 99/100 is just a need for painkillers. I've personally seen the temp gauge at less than red-hot since the patch (happened when I spawned in the middle of a rainy night, started at purple), but a bit of moving around got me up and going--so I know the temp gauge works, at least occasionally. Your blood, as noted above, should also only have dropped to 3k from the infection. If you actually died from an infection (and nothing else), that's a bug.

I'm confused, are g36 SD variants in the official mod, or not?

According to the link above, the following G36's were added:

• [NEW] Weapon - G36C. (HeliCrash)
  • [NEW] Weapon - G36C_camo. (HeliCrash)
  • [NEW] Weapon - G36A_camo. (HeliCrash)
  • [NEW] Weapon - G36K_camo. (HeliCrash)

G36C ["]http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/G36C] NOT SD

G36C_Camo ["]http://www.dayzwiki....wiki/G36C_CAMO] NOT SD

G36A_Camo ["]http://www.dayzwiki....wiki/G36A_CAMO] NOT SD

G36K_Camo ["]http://www.dayzwiki....wiki/G36K_CAMO] NOT SD

So no, there's no SD G36 in the game currently. A whole buncha camo-ed ones (and both the A and the K have a double-sight setup, seems legit).

THE MOAR YOU KNOW

Zombies being able to hit you through walls and then actually teleporting through that wall isn't on the bug list?

Is anything going to be done about Combat rolling over wires and tank traps?

These fortifications seem pretty useless if you can just roll over it all.

It's good how it is imo, those tank traps would be a minor obstacle for a person and even the waist height wire you could dive over if you really wanted to, they should not be a complete area denial for people, vehicles yes.

great to see those bugs being squashed :D

Also, dunno if its been mentioned or even if its a specific patch issue, but backpacks tend to disappear in the ground either when trading for another or dropping said backpack to pick up a new one, event seems to be random...

That's the way it's been for as long as I can remember, since 1.5.... something, drop your first pack then pick up the new one.

Zombies being able to hit you through walls and then actually teleporting through that wall isn't on the bug list?

Always happened, not patch specific. Sorry for multiple posts I couldn't resist :) Edited by DubPlate

That's a basic Zombie issue that has been around forever. I feel its alittle worse now more than usual, especially in the Cherno apartments I found, but thats something I don't know if we'll see get fixed...

I'd like to maybe add something or see if anyone else has this problem, but for some reason, I could not gut animals today. I know you can, people have been doing it with the patch, but today I got on and took down 5 animals with my hatchet, 4 goats and a sheep, and couldn't gut them at all. Issue with the server or a random problem with the recent patch?

I never noticed them porting through the walls before. That's definitely new to me. Only been playing for two months now though.