Pergolin

dayzgame.com - Coming very soon?

Hey guys, DayZ community. My fellow survivors, bandits and heroes.

Me, like most of the community or at least the DayZ lovers and dedicated members, are awaiting DayZ Standalone very unpaciently. Personally, I check all the pages (development blog, dayzmod.com and dayzgame.com) everyday, it's turning into a routine actually. I'm very excited for any kind of news I can get. Well, today, on one of that routine checks, I was checking dayzgame.com, and I noticed it was down. I waited a while, hours, and then entered again. Still down. Either down, or... under heavy work.

I bet that you've taken your own conclusions as you reach this part of the text and we probably share that conclusions. If not, let me explain myself:

Maybe I'm taking conclusions too fast, but as soon as I noticed something was wrong... or rather anormal on what was happening the days before today I inmediately started taking conclusions and investigating. Maybe it was a net problem of mine, but I checked with enough friends to see that the page was actually down. Now, to the actual point - I believe that the cause of this 'downtime' is because they're doing some heavy updating and editing on the website, possibly getting it prepared for the big day and for what it will be for the rest of the days...

Getting to the big point (I said this twice already...), I think this is one step closer to the day we're all waiting for. What do you say? Leave your comment and let's discuss this all together...

As I said, maybe I'm taking conclusions too fast, but well, we'll see. Thanks for reading!

Wait until it goes up and find out, eh?

Official DayZ steam page came up this week, now this? Don't want to get my hopes up too much, but it seems to me that they're preparing for testing release pretty soon.

Wait until it goes up and find out, eh?

I'm doing that regardless of this post, I just wanted to say it in case nobody noticed, and also discuss it. Maybe somebody has info?

Official DayZ steam page came up this week, now this? Don't want to get my hopes up too much, but it seems to me that they're preparing for testing release pretty soon.

I totally agree, the official pub is definately a big step.

Edited by Pergolin

I tried going on it, realized that even if it was up, my dongle wouldn't let me on there.

Anyone mind shooting me a PM when it's up, and if anything's changed? D:

I tried going on it, realized that even if it was up, my dongle wouldn't let me on there.

Anyone mind shooting me a PM when it's up, and if anything's changed? D:

I'll try to tell you as soon as I know any news about it.

I doubt that if they're getting it ready for the release we're going to be able to see if before that, though.

Edited by Pergolin

Actually web-designing takes a while, if the devs want us to enjoy their website. I'd be glad if at least forums will get launched, that takes maximum 48 hours.

Actually web-designing takes a while, if the devs want us to enjoy their website. I'd be glad if at least forums will get launched, that takes maximum 48 hours.

Pretty sure we're not getting new forums. At least, that's not what I've been told.

I doubt that started today with the design of the website anyways. If they wanted to have the game ready by December 2012, they must have some content for the website.

I don't have the mod, I've been waiting for the standalone. Is there a mailing list for updates on the game site?