Sign in to follow this  
Klaangen

Zombies not moving

Date/Time: UTC+2 4pm, 18th of june 2012

What happened: 75% of Zombies stood around on the same place except for when they aggroed on a player or got distracted by lets say a smoke grenade.

Where you were: Kamenka, Balota Airfield etc. Basically the whole southern coastline.

What you were doing: Sneaking around and noticed that almost all zombies were standing still

*Current installed version: Dayz 1.7.1.1 + ArmA 2 Beta 93825

*Server(s) you were on: SE3 + SE9

*Your system specs: Windows 7 ultimate, MSI Z68a-GD55, i5 2500K, 8GB Corsair RAM, Geforce GTX580

*Timeline of events before/after error: -

This started to happen on my server last couple of days. The zombies will spawn but then they just stand still and not move, even when you get close or run by. They do the animations of turning the head and moving arms but they stand in one spot.

Anyone else getting this bug? or is there a fix?

For me sounds it that your server got bad lags.

Try this checklist:

1. Update your server to the newes version. (v1.7.2.3/Beta 95248) <-- this is the current version

2. Did u restart the server? (a hint i restart it all 6-12 H)

3. Check your server cfg for double commands

hope u can fix your problem soon maybe this checklist can help you.

I've noticed this as well, but it seems to happen at random and usually when a zombie encounters another player. I can usually tell another player has been in a city recently if I noticed frozen zombies. The zombies seem to freeze after chassing a player. I think they somehow are getting stuck in their pathing or between the logic of when to start/stop chassing/scanning. Not sure why this happens. I haven't seen close to 75% frozen zombies but I do see them occasionally. I notice this on misc servers at misc points on the map (in other words, non-specific).

Edited by daliputka

For me sounds it that your server got bad lags.

Try this checklist:

1. Update your server to the newes version. (v1.7.2.3/Beta 95248) <-- this is the current version

2. Did u restart the server? (a hint i restart it all 6-12 H)

3. Check your server cfg for double commands

hope u can fix your problem soon maybe this checklist can help you.

Re-installed updates and restarted server. They seem to be moving now. It seems kind of random but restarts seem to help somewhat.