Sign in to follow this  
Nelriana

DayZ Commander Question (Pertains to hives)

Hello All,

First post here, I started dayz something like 7 days ago now.

I use DayZ Commander and it is a great tool, I am just wondering how I could make better use of it. I know when your doing the server filter there is the option to Hide locked, unofficial, yada yada.. But my question comes I have all those checked. And yet 9/10 servers I join are not connected to the DayZ Central Hive. Is there a way to filter the search further so that you can find only servers connected to central hive, Vilplayers hive, or whatever? Or do you just have to join a server, test, exit Arma2 and retry till you find the servers which are connected to the central hive?

Thank you in advance

Nelriana

For the official hive just hide unofficial servers (the icon is a cloud next to the server name). I do not think you can filter for just the Vilayer hive servers but you could always type Vilayer into the search. That used to work better but now many servers do not label it with Vilayer, but you will still find some of them this way.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

For the official hive just hide unofficial servers (the icon is a cloud next to the server name). I do not think you can filter for just the Vilayer hive servers but you could always type Vilayer into the search. That used to work better but now many servers do not label it with Vilayer, but you will still find some of them this way.

In my post I stated I had the hide unofficial servers clicked, yet 9/10 severs I join do not have any of my kit, while a few of them do. Also When I log into a server that does't have my kit, I always need to make a new character and spawn in a random portion of the coast. So that button isn't helping me. Is there a different way to search for hives in specific?

i am too having the same issue...me and a couple of friends were trying to get into DayZ but after 4 days i'm the only one left because of this issue...even with hide unofficial servers checked...Dayz commander keeps showing servers that aren't connected to the same hive, every day we came back to the game to find ourselves with the flashlight at the coast...its friking anoying!!! it's a survival game but what i'm experiencing it's surviving the fact that each time i start a game i spawn at the beach...it's like the movie "groundhog day" with bill murray lol, it doesn't matter what i progress, i will have to start over again tomorow...so the greatest thing about dayz which was for me the immersion, well...it's gone...i just go berserk, cause it doesn't matter...why would i want to keep myself alive in this game if im not planning on playing it 24/7 or in the same server every time?