Sign in to follow this  
_Anubis_ (DayZ)

Does the combat-timer work [1.7.5.1] ?

Title says it all.

Does it work for you? In my case, it does not. The "abort" button is always available no matter what (quiet situation, chased by aggro zombies, fighting, with/without pistol icon flashing).

I can press abort and then disconnect always. Have I misunderstood something (may well be)?

_Anubis_

It's still broken at the moment. Or they intentionally screwed it up. Even if you're not in combat, you have to hit escape and stare at the abort button for 60 seconds before you can finally log out.

It was working rather well in the previous patch. Hopefully they'll get it hot-fixed soon. Though they might be a bit busy trying to sort out the zombie spawn bugs they currently have first.

So it doesn't.... Well I am not surprised, after playing 1.7.5.1 can see there are so many thing broken:

1. Loot spawn messed up: tons of garbage and wood, or nothing, even returning to the same place over and over again

2. zombies spawning in building, but since their path-finding system is screwed they fall outisde and die, that's the reason why there are dead zombies around barns

3. zombie path erratic: often they stop turn around or just stand like morons (aggro'ed as well)

4. zombies passing through walls and doors, they don't manage it to open ip but pass neverthess

5. less game. I have been wandering for long time in the countryside, only rabbits...

6. hundreds of zombies will chase you in a city if you aggro one of them

7. the weapon slot in backpack does not work (weapon lost)

and now the combat-timer supposedly fixed doesn't work. :-) Kudos to whoever worked on it, those people should read a book or two about software testing

_Anubis_

• Like 1

Kudos to whoever worked on it, those people should read a book or two about software testing

_Anubis_

LOL

I guess someone was more concerned with unnecessary weapons banning and removing MP table than bug testing. Anyway this is what happened

1.7.4.4 _listTalk = _pos nearEntities ["zZombie_Base",_distance];

1.7.5.1 _listTalk = _pos nearEntities ["zZombie_Base",_distance * 2];

Yeah makes one wonder how the hell someone just decides that zombie agro range has to be increased...TWICE?

Edited by Killzone_Kid

1. Loot spawn messed up: tons of garbage and wood, or nothing, even returning to the same place over and over again

I had quite different an experience, but if so, good.

2. zombies spawning in building, but since their path-finding system is screwed they fall outisde and die, that's the reason why there are dead zombies around barns

You haven't gotten the reason for dead zombies around barns and other places quite right, but doesnt matter either way. Dead zombies laying around is a good thing, you won't know whether someone killed that zombie or it spawned that way. Much of the spawning has been made and is being made more dynamic, so you don't walk up to a deer stand with your buddy and go "okay, there's going to be exactly 3 zombies spawning here, watch out".

3. zombie path erratic: often they stop turn around or just stand like morons (aggro'ed as well)

Improved in .2, always been erratic, only so much you can do with ArmA2.

4. zombies passing through walls and doors, they don't manage it to open ip but pass neverthess

Some object traversing has been fixed in .2, but it's hit and miss with ArmA2.

5. less game. I have been wandering for long time in the countryside, only rabbits...

I found enough game for 30 steaks within an hour. You do understand the concept of randomness?

6. hundreds of zombies will chase you in a city if you aggro one of them

Improved in.2.

7. the weapon slot in backpack does not work (weapon lost)

There's a weapon slot in backpacks? Your backpack has X item slots, weapons take up Y item slots. If Y > X the item doesn't fit. I agree that "doesn't fit" should equal either "can't move it" or "drops to the floor".

and now the combat-timer supposedly fixed doesn't work. :-)

It is fixed. Has .2 come out yet? Nope.

Dude,

I have seen Zombies in barn (upper floors) and then I have seen them either coming down from the floor NOT using the stairs or glitch through the outer wall. Result is the same = dead Zombie on the floor. Easy enough to understand for you? If so, make a favor to everybody and add it to the list of things to fix in .2, will you?

I understand randomness, that the reason why if I keep seeing rabbits everywhere, the system is not so random as it should be, what do you reckon?

As amazing as it can be, some backpacks have (or should have, as part of 1.7.5.1... but maybe you'll tell me it will be probably fixed in .2) a storage area for items and one for weapons. You can wiki it...

Cheers,

_Anubis_

I have seen Zombies in barn (upper floors) and then I have seen them either coming down from the floor NOT using the stairs or glitch through the outer wall. Result is the same = dead Zombie on the floor. Easy enough to understand for you? If so, make a favor to everybody and add it to the list of things to fix in .2, will you?

I'm not a dev, I can't add anything to the list of things to fix ;)

Zeds can (random chance) spawn at a building's exit (or the next best guess if an exit can't be found), and can (again, random chance) spawn at any loot positions in the house. There's apparently some glitch in spawning them exactly where the loot is placed. Maybe the system has to be improved by making a copy of the configured loot positions and fix the ones that don't quite work *shrug*

I understand randomness, that the reason why if I keep seeing rabbits everywhere, the system is not so random as it should be, what do you reckon?

The game just checks (once in a while? dunno, havent figured out yet where/when player_animalCheck is called) whether there's max 5 animals within 800m of you, if there's less than that it grabs a random animal from the list (hens are in the list 3 times, wild boars are in the list 3 times, rabbits are in it twice), grabs a good place within 800m of you of a ground type the animal likes. If the resulting position isn't in water, you're still within 800m and noone's within 50 m of that position, it spawns the animal.

Feel free to suggest how to improve on it, just quoting there ;)

As amazing as it can be, some backpacks have (or should have, as part of 1.7.5.1... but maybe you'll tell me it will be probably fixed in .2) a storage area for items and one for weapons. You can wiki it...

Yeah, quite frankly, the wiki is outdated horribly and I'm pretty sure backpacks behave like this:

Weapons take up X item slots.

Pertaining to size, some backpacks simply cannot hold any weapons, whether the item count can support it or not, others can hold only 1 weapon even if the item count would support 2.

This would mean if either of the limits is hit, you cant put the weapon into it. Meaning, the max weapon count is NOT a seperate cargo, it just limits weapon carrying.

Coyote Assault Pack: max 1 weapon, max 8 items. Again, it does NOT mean 1 weapon + 8 items, it means 8 items and if you have a weapon that takes up 8 or less slots, it can fit into those.

ACU Assault Pack: max 1 Weapon, max 12 items

Czech Vest Pouch: 0 weapons, max 12 items (see the difference to the ACU?)

Alice Pack: 2 weapons, max 16 items

Survival ACU: 2 weapons, 16 items

British Assault Pack: 3 weapons, 18 items

Czech Backpack: 4 weapons, 24 slots

Coyote Backpack: 6 weapons, 24 slots. This means, if you have a weapon that takes 4 slots (maybe a sidearm? I dont remember how much size those take up), you could fit 6 of them into the coyote backpack (but then it's full to the rim)

However, that's just from the config file, whether it actually uses the transportMaxWeapons field I couldn't tell you.

Tbh, I have a lot more questions myself, but I don't think the devs have the time to listen to them :D E.g. why are zombies BRTM but dogs use the RTM_0101 format? I'd love to try and add deer to the game, but that one has me confused. Why does placing a backpack on the ground execute createVehicle with empty contents parameter and there seems to be no function call to move the old contents over. Why not move the contents over so players dont lose all their backpack contents when placing it on the ground?

Edited by Elvaron