Sign in to follow this  
theirongiant

What's changed with the loot spawning

Only managed to get an hour or two in so far mostly flying or driving about so haven't clocked what the changes in the loot spawning are. Anyone care to point out any differences they've noticed.

There aren't any backpacks larger than 12 slots that spawn in civilian areas. That should probably say it all right there.

Yes.. and I havnt found much of anything useful at all. Unless you can build a fort out of tin cans and empty whisky bottles.

Anyone know how the mechanics work now? Before it would spawn if you were within 120 meters of the building, and then respawn loot every ten minutes if you're in >30<120 range (and if there was space).

Any idea how it works now?

Edited by Pokey

Anyone know how the mechanics work now? Before it would spawn if you were within 120 meters of the building, and then respawn loot every ten minutes if you're in >30<120 range (and if there was space).

Any idea how it works now?

Apparently its instant loot spawning.

Mm, I read that. I'm still not sure how it respawns after you've collected it. I'll see how it works once the server I'm on updates.

I'm going to hop on and do a few test to whether it truly is instant and has any possible tricks to it.

No, the old 50m distance run if you got too close too quickly is still there.

Aside from the changes of what it's spawning as far as I know functionally it's exactly the same. distance check, spawn cooldown, whatever.

I noticed loads of empty loot locations last night, stuff just refused to spawn after about a hour playing. When I managed to find a supermarket that actually want completely empty the loot was a bit crap compared to pre patch.

Also I think we might have a big problem with loot spawns because of those stupid empty cans you get when you eat / drink. From my experience loot will not respawn if its spawn area is already occupied by an object so if i go to a supermarket, eat and drink all the tinned goods then leave the empty cans where they originally spawned, theoretically no more loot will spawn in those loot areas until those empty cans are moved from the spawn location.

Edited by Easy_Tiger

Im finding that deer stands generally dont have guns anymore, must have hit 20 last night and found one G17 with no ammo.

Apart from that im not seeing less loot or spawns, it seems to be more relevant spawns i.e alot more food/drink in the supermarkets, but less guns

Im finding that deer stands generally dont have guns anymore, must have hit 20 last night and found one G17 with no ammo.

Apart from that im not seeing less loot or spawns, it seems to be more relevant spawns i.e alot more food/drink in the supermarkets, but less guns

I found one of the new AK's in a tree stand, but with no ammo. I left it because it wouldn't fit in the starter pack and I already had a CZ with ammo.

I later came across a badly damaged UAZ that had an Enfield and a FAL magazine in the trunk. I left those, too.

I'd found the CZ in a barn along with 1 magazine and I think the only other main gun I've found so far was an MP5 in a fire station with 2 mags. I think I found a revolver and 1911 in a grocery store with 1 box of ammo between them.

The major change I've seen so far with weapon spawns is that ammo is way more scarce and less likely to spawn alongside the weapon it goes into. I've never been all that lucky with weapon spawns in the first place (was amazed to come across one of the new weapons, actually), so I can't comment on if they're up or down.