Sign in to follow this  
Schwett

Extended camp possibilities

Hello

My suggestion is pretty straight forward.

I haven't been playing for that long, but when I started, I just went after gear playing pretty friendly, only shooting bandits on sight, asking everyone else if they were friendly before shooting them if they had a visible gun. I ended up being told friendly then shot, or they started shooting wildly until I killed them, only to be shot by their friend 5 seconds later.

Playing the game like this gave me a need for a camp, since I found plenty of doubles laying around. I thought I was insanely wealthy with items, even If I thought I'd collected alot more... which I had

Turns out a few people had found my camp in a forrest under a pine tree, and after having all my stuff taken, I just assumed they got lucky and found it and started to camp 2... Same story...

This happened to everyone, and it was a group of people that played together with 4 choppers on the server, that went around looking for crash sites, and when they were done they looked for camps.

So people started placing those small 4 wheelers in between trees which worked fine, and still does, but with a very limited supply.

After I finally found their camp, went bananas on their choppers and items, I took their final chopper and did the same thing myself, only to realize that it was quite easy to spot camps, even the fairly well-hidden ones.

Now, to the idea, to get more advantages from having a camp site.

We could put this is a few stages of a camp.

First step is just a tent like you can now, but add more camo for tents and vehicles. Camo for tents might sound redundant, but they're quite/too easy to spot IMO.

After having 4-5 tents, and if you filled it up with like 50 (Just an example) blood bags, 30 Morphine, 20 Epi pens and 100 bandage, you'd be able to make it in to a medical tent. In the medical tent, you'd be able to give yourself blood, but also it would slowly "produce" medical supplies. Im not sure how to make the "production" sound more realistic, but maybe throught supply drops or something.

It could also be possible to make a military tent, again "producing" ammo and possibly weapons even if I think weapons would be abit too much.

A garage tent, possibly needed to repair vehicles, or vehicles placed inside would slowly get repaired.

What do you think? Would it be too overpowered? Or would it take away too many aspects of the looting part of the game? Or is it a interesting idea?

Producing supplies just sounds a little too easy, different sized tents would be welcome, from the small tents we have now to large tents that you could fit a Ural into to hide it. We will have crafting in game, although I think rocket wants to have all the player 'bases' underground (to save on computing resources or something) it would be nice if a 'small' camp could be set up topside. Pup tents would be what we have now, players could store items and sleep in them. External things could be set up in the camp as well, a 'permanent' fire pit (dont need matches to light it but still need to stock it up with wood), a still (water purifier), possibly some shelves or something external for storage (ammo boxes, cases, shelves), now if you found a larger tent you could fit some of these things inside, (not sure on tent nomenclature but perhaps a mess tent could fit a lot of storage in it, players could walk inside, store ammo from a scavenging run in some ammo boxes, store canned goods on a shelf, store that sweet m240 you found but will probably never use yourself on a gun rack, ect), store your car parts in crates under some cammo netting along with your car.