Sign in to follow this  
Rage VG

Top 5 things the latest devblog told us.

I thought estuaries was when littlerally a part of the sea breach into the lands. Wich often creates swampy areas.

In my country we have what we call salted swamps. Either natural or mancrafted to retrieve salt.

This would be the closest picture I could find :

http://www.photo-dre...mer-oeillet.jpg

Some of those spots are really creepy when it starts to get dark in the early evening. Although I also like the in land aspect of swamps.

Can't wait for psychotic axe murderers in underwear, or people mugged for their clothes.

Nice photo, just a pity they have those new buildings, instead of a creepy town with an old Mansion. Is this near Nantes?

I thought estuaries was when littlerally a part of the sea breach into the lands. Wich often creates swampy areas.

In my country we have what we call salted swamps. Either natural or mancrafted to retrieve salt.

This would be the closest picture I could find :

http://www.photo-dre...mer-oeillet.jpg

Some of those spots are really creepy when it starts to get dark in the early evening. Although I also like the in land aspect of swamps.

Can't wait for psychotic axe murderers in underwear, or people mugged for their clothes.

Interesting enough, that looks almost exactly like the swamps we saw in the video. Plus some make-shift bridges and small trees.

Nice photo, just a pity they have those new buildings, instead of a creepy town with an old Mansion. Is this near Nantes?

I believe it is, I live in the next region, south of it. We have those 'flatland' salted swamps away from the cities. We don't have the crippled mansions, but there are few old WW2 bunkers, old traditional (50 years old) houses etc..., almost as good.

It has this desolate feeling that fit well for a survival zombie apocalypse.

I think the OP missed the point, that there seems to be a lot what still have to be done and that we probably have to wait for the SA at least 2 more months.

[...] that we probably have to wait for the SA at least 2 more months.

Lol, 2 more months... Since we haven't been shown a "this is what's already done" video or s.th. like that, we don't have any clue how far they really are.

But I wouldn't expect a release anytime before mid-summer.

Edited by Elvaron

Where have you heard June? I can assure you we haven't fixed a date.

June is the peak month for not wearing pants. Obvious if you think about it.

An estuary is where a river flows into the sea with salt and fresh water mixing. I live on the Forth estuary. Damn salty.

Where have you heard June? I can assure you we haven't fixed a date.

ok ill play..

since Rocket is slated to climb everest in june..SA either ships just before that (so a June release), or SA doesnt come out till closer to Xmas2013..

just being realistic, its obvious by what rocket is saying in interviews and so forth that SA really isnt close to shipping (and thats fine) but the idea of a release date in April seems laffable at this point.

but i'd be fine being wrong.. 8-)

I hear none of the Bohemia Guys wear pants at work.

Pink leather hot pants?

• Like 1

This would probably never be put into the standalone, but I think it would be really cool if the different colors of your clothing had more than just aesthetics/visibility. Cause, you know how darker pigments absorb more light and get warmer, right? So maybe have it so that if you wear darker clothing your temperature goes up faster? This way if you don't have access to heavy winter-wear and you want to stay warm you could try to make do with like, a black hoodie or something.

Just one of the ideas bouncing around in my head.

Also, canned fruit.

No, I said I HOPE.

Those bastards looked goofy when they were running so fast that it looked like they were ice skating. ;)

Agreed.

Aside from obviously needing a serious "upgrade" in appearance, they need to seriously be slowed down. Even if it means slowing down player running speed to compensate and even things out, in case they can catch you at all. Or, better yet, just slow them down but add more, which I feel needs to be done anyway, and would be the perfect match.

Agreed.

Aside from obviously needing a serious "upgrade" in appearance, they need to seriously be slowed down. Even if it means slowing down player running speed to compensate and even things out, in case they can catch you at all. Or, better yet, just slow them down but add more, which I feel needs to be done anyway, and would be the perfect match.

Also, thinking about it more, the running may just need to be smoothed out.

At first they run normal, and then out of no where they skip ahead 5-10 feet and are directly behind you.

They need to be slow and sluggish, and then when they're onto you they need to start running.

But bunny hopping and teleporting aren't very realistic zombie movements.

But bunny hopping and teleporting aren't very realistic zombie movements.

Report zombies for scripting.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 3

I do like to wear pants, unless they are jeans. Jeans cut into your legs like ice axes when wet and are fairly heavy with limited practical use, where is the logic?

Are you quite possibly hinting at what will happen if you get your jeans wet in the standalone?

Hopefully all the clothing / kit will have random generated colors so for example the best hoodie in the game could be black , red , camo etc.. That should keeps players looking different from each other for a while and maybe add the to the meta game.

Also I'm looking forward to holding people up, taking everything and then leaving them in their boxers lol

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motocycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llUV6hPuQsU

Are you quite possibly hinting at what will happen if you get your jeans wet in the standalone?

Nope I'm not just what happens to me when I get wet on a night out

I'm with you, here's my daily wear, so I can keep my friends well hidden...but always handy: http://www.511tactical.com/

I love 5.11 stuff, as well as Helikon kit.

Why is the swamp right next to the ocean? That part still puzzles me...

The Everglades right next to the Ocean - http://goo.gl/maps/mO6wJ

I like jeans only when I'm moving about outside. Anything else just seems too light and weak to me, and feel like I'm not wearing anything.

Fair enough I generally wear combat pants or cargo pants, but I accept your argument for their durability.

ok ill play..

since Rocket is slated to climb everest in june..SA either ships just before that (so a June release), or SA doesnt come out till closer to Xmas2013..

just being realistic, its obvious by what rocket is saying in interviews and so forth that SA really isnt close to shipping (and thats fine) but the idea of a release date in April seems laffable at this point.

but i'd be fine being wrong.. 8-)

Pretty sure he's climbing Mt Everest in April, not June. From what I remember anyway.

I enjoy the fact that pants are optional.

To hell with the utility, I want to run around and feel the breeze between my knees.