Sign in to follow this  
DayzForumer

Logout Timer

I'm okay with the Combat Timer.

But seriously, 30 oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee twoooooooooooooooooooooo second counting?

Why is this in the game?

(Pointless, i know. Just answer it.)

For me, it doesn't even work. For Example, i logged on only to immediately attract zeds, i didn't move or shoot. i didn't do anything but i attracted like at least 10 zombies, okay, seems legit. Anyways, i run for the forest and eventually lose LOS. so my combat timer goes back to green yet, i still cannot log out. it said "Log out in 30......29.......28" and so on, so i hit escape and try again. and the same thing happens, even though i wasnt in any form of danger.

So you will not be able to easly log out when you see a bandit is coming to kill you. Duh.

Useless. If I want to leave suddenly I simply take out the WIFi usb stick from my pc. What happens then?

_Anubis_

Edited by _Anubis_

I understand its purpose... but it doesn't seem like 30 seconds. Everytime I try to log out (I needed a piss REAL bad) it just kept saying 30 seconds. Does the timer reset everytime you pres ESC?

I understand its purpose... but it doesn't seem like 30 seconds. Everytime I try to log out (I needed a piss REAL bad) it just kept saying 30 seconds. Does the timer reset everytime you pres ESC?

Unless I have entirely failed to grasp it's concept, yes, the timer resets when you press ESC, since it has nothing to do with the combat lock (the gun-shaped icon above your temperature).

Basically, there be 2 locks now, the combat lock that activates as soon as a zombie smells your socks 180m against the wind and the timer that expects you to stay in the ESC menu for 30 seconds before you can click on Abort and actually get a result. I guess the point being is that you can't catch all the combat logging with the combat lock, so when in doubt lock the player for 60seconds, otherwise lock him for 30seconds.

I just close the game with task manager nowadays and consider logging off a 90% death chance. Wish they gave us a nice alternative, like "crawl into your tent and you get to log out right away".

I think you misunderstood my post, im not saying i dont like the timer idea, in fact, i love it, hopefully it was stop people D/Cing after a firefight, but why on earth would it not let me log out after everything has already settled, No zombies are chasing me, no one is shooting at me, no one is near me, im not imminent danger that would cause the Combat timer to go off, that just seems broken to me, if my combat meter is off (still green) why shouldnt i be able to log off, its a contradiction, the game itself is telling me that im now ALLOWED to log off, but the abort button fades and says "Log out in 30" it makes sense why they added it, but it doesnt work in every situation, like, the game doesnt know when to activate it.

Edited by K1NGFL1P

@K1NGFL1P

It is so you can't insta log out when you suspect that someone is gonna snipe you from 700 meters.

I think you misunderstood my post, im not saying i dont like the timer idea, in fact, i love it, hopefully it was stop people D/Cing after a firefight, but why on earth would it not let me log out after everything has already settled, No zombies are chasing me, no one is shooting at me, no one is near me, im not imminent danger that would cause the Combat timer to go off, that just seems broken to me, if my combat meter is off (still green) why shouldnt i be able to log off, its a contradiction, the game itself is telling me that im now ALLOWED to log off, but the abort button fades and says "Log out in 30" it makes sense why they added it, but it doesnt work in every situation, like, the game doesnt know when to activate it.

Like I said above already, apparently in this version you always have to wait 30 secs to log out. ALWAYS. Added to those 30 seconds waiting time in the menu is the actual combat meter thing, so e.g. you might be thinking "oh, let's log off and do something else", but then a zombie sees you. You run away, lose LOS, wait 30 seconds so the combat meter runs out. Then you hit ESC and watch the 30 seconds count down there aswell. Then you hit abort.

I don't like it either.

server hopping and disconnecting really is an issue, but so is hacking. imagine a situation you get teleported, you notice it and you want to dc ASAP but dang you get a 30second dc timer. that would make me to quit entirly

Sent from my mobile Device and now i have big ePeEn!

@K1NGFL1P

It is so you can't insta log out when you suspect that someone is gonna snipe you from 700 meters.

I understand that, but it doesn't make sense. so the game basically is saying "oh you want to log out now that you can? NOPE. im going to make you wait another 30 seconds so that BushWookie can kill you from 800m out.

"Wait, what?"

"im punishing you for my flawed game mechanic"

seems legit.

this is just that situation, if you are not in combat, you should be able to log out. if there is a sniper and i get killed by him, then kudos to him for the clean kill, i applaud you. but if that is going to happen, i want it to be because of MY mistakes, where did i go wrong? did i make to much noise? did i alert him? not because i had to "wait the time out, so i can log off"

I like it because it stops people from throwing a bitch fit and pussying out.

But I think it needs to be a tad shorter.

Edited by Naz187
  • Like 1

Exactly, it's fair in the sense that no one can pussy out when getting shot at. but i don't think it works correctly in every situation (as it shouldnt, since it's new) i just hope they tweak it so it makes it more useful rather then burdening

This kind of method have been for a while in the server I play. The combat icon started to flash even if you just moved 1m or watched your gear and it stopped when you haven't done any action in 30 sec. This really stopped any combat logging.

//It was even more brutal than the thing we have now in this patch.

Edited by St. Jimmy

@K1NGFL1P

More exeples them.

Let's assume that I am sniping NEAF from a hill that is +- 500 meters from it. Then I see that a group of players in a car shows up there, I don't shoot at them yet but one of them spots me with binoculars. They jump in a car and drive at me. So what I do? I insta log out. You would like that?

Or

I am in building and we spot each other throught window, noone made a shoot to be in combat but I decide that I don't feel lucky now and I insta log out if there was no log out timer as it is now. This is okay?

If someone is getting shot at, and there first reaction is to "log out" or shut down their shit, then I have no respect for you.

If you're getting shot at, then man up, fire back, or run for cover. Play the game like it's meant to be played, it's an apocalyptic survival game.

But there is 2 sides to every coin, if I'm done playing for the day, and want to log out, I don't want to wait 30 seconds and risk myself.

I think it needs to be shortened, and that should fix the toss up.

Here's the point im trying to make:

Let's say i've been playing the game for a good bit now. looted several areas raided camps and so forth. Now, im tired and have had enough and am going to call it a night and go do something else.

Now, let's say a bandit happens to spot me as i am about to log out and decides hes going to try and snipe me from 500meters out, but, he hasn't fired any shots yet

I don't think it's fair that just because he happened to see me, even though he hasn't engaged me yet. i have to sit there and wait JUST to give him that chance to try and kill me.

Now lets say he sees me and immediately starts shooting at me, then, yes i am now being attacked and should not be opted to have the ability to log out. that i like and understand much better. im not trying to start an argument, i just want to get my point across how this timer needs to be adjusted slightly

i had no problems during log out. Saw no timer. Played on ca. four v1.7.5 servers.

Like I said above already, apparently in this version you always have to wait 30 secs to log out. ALWAYS. Added to those 30 seconds waiting time in the menu is the actual combat meter thing, so e.g. you might be thinking "oh, let's log off and do something else", but then a zombie sees you. You run away, lose LOS, wait 30 seconds so the combat meter runs out. Then you hit ESC and watch the 30 seconds count down there aswell. Then you hit abort.

I don't like it either.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told hitting right shift And P will insta disconnect you for a script restriction if that's true doesn't it bypass this whole reason?