Flinty13Machinima

Your Own Face In SA?

How about implementing a feature in the standalone that can morph a picture of your face onto the character? Or at least be able to choose a lot of traits and features of your character? Sort of like The Sims LOL

• Like 6

I want to be able to build a house with a swimming pool too.......

• Like 3

Lol, i can't wait to see the CoD kiddies characters, body of a thirty year old face of a twelve year old

• Like 5

Lol, i can't wait to see the CoD kiddies characters, body of a thirty year old face of a twelve year old

No, they'd all be running around with anuses or other obscenities for faces.

• Like 8

What a bunch of dickheads..

• Like 8

What a bunch of dickheads..

Rocket mentioned this possibility in an interview recently (Maybe shannonzkiller's interview IIRC) but said it would most likely be ruled out due to a phenomenon known as "time to penis," i.e. how long before someone makes a penis out of something, in this case it would literally result in a bunch of dickheads.

• Like 6

That would make it very easy for me to decide who to shoot first though..

• Like 7

My face looks like a zombie face possibly due to the bad diet and constant snacking, that may or may not work to my advantage.

• Like 1

Rocket mentioned this possibility in an interview recently (Maybe shannonzkiller's interview IIRC) but said it would most likely be ruled out due to a phenomenon known as "time to penis," i.e. how long before someone makes a penis out of something, in this case it would literally result in a bunch of dickheads.

Must be some way of filtering it out?

Must be some way of filtering it out?

Perhaps, it would take a lot of work though and probably couldn't catch everything unless you physically inspected everyone's uploaded face that they wanted to use before approving it, which would be pretty painstaking and again a lot of ongoing work would be needed for a relatively minor feature. Maybe server admins could approve your custom face before you're allowed to play on their server? That would mean an admin being online when you want to play with your new face to approve it, but you could just have a default face until your custom one gets approved when the admin next comes online I suppose. Still a lot of work for server admins and you might get some that just don't care everyone's walking around with a penis for a face and approve everything. Can't see a viable way round it really.

• Like 1

Well I guess you could see the dickheads easier

"Rainbow Six Vegas" had this feature and it worked pretty well. It used some kind of facial recognition as well and obviously penis' and such were never detected by it. Also required the use of the Xbox Live Camera and you had to snap a front and side picture.

Remember, there are people out there that like different things in their games. Just because you're satisfied with everyone running around with the same face doesn't mean that everyone thinks like you.

"Rainbow Six Vegas" had this feature and it worked pretty well. It used some kind of facial recognition as well and obviously penis' and such were never detected by it. Also required the use of the Xbox Live Camera and you had to snap a front and side picture.
Fight night 3 had it too, but the "download a fighter" section was just full of Hitler and Harry Potter.

TBH the only problem I see is the disparity in camera quality across the entire community.

I made an ArmA skin to use in DayZmod. It's got my ink, piercings and sideys, but most servers have custom files set to 0Kb, What a pisser.

EDIT: IF DayZ ever got a feature like this, it would be good for them to have an easy-to-use texture mapping tool, for slight positioning corrections (colour balance too)

It's quite a pain in the arse to texture a default model that wasn't made for the unique shape of your face and have it look good. (for n00bs like me anywayz)

Edited by Chabowski

Perhaps, it would take a lot of work though and probably couldn't catch everything unless you physically inspected everyone's uploaded face that they wanted to use before approving it, which would be pretty painstaking and again a lot of ongoing work would be needed for a relatively minor feature. Maybe server admins could approve your custom face before you're allowed to play on their server? That would mean an admin being online when you want to play with your new face to approve it, but you could just have a default face until your custom one gets approved when the admin next comes online I suppose. Still a lot of work for server admins and you might get some that just don't care everyone's walking around with a penis for a face and approve everything. Can't see a viable way round it really.

Not too difficult I think. Where a massively time consuming job for the admins/devs seems too much, crowdsource! Why not apply avatars of the player's faces in the lobby screen with a flag function next to it. Anything that is exploitative or offensive can be removed or made into one of the default faces at the click of a button. The only problem I see here is the room it makes for trolling other players. In that case why not change to a default face model (for the one doing the flagging) for the first few flags and an outright rejection for multiple flags from multiple players?

Edited by Bribase