_Anubis_ (DayZ)

Zombies AI in 1.7.5.1 ... Not really smarter

I have started a new game with 1.7.5.1... Aside from the fact 3/4 of the servers are messed up (either because 1.7.5.1 is not working yet, or they tried to roll back to 1.7.4.4 without success). I have visited the nearest barn to see how Zombies behave and get an hatchet:

1) The 80 meters thing works: indeed you get plenty of zombies to kill and if you wait them while they climb the stairs you can get stuff faster than visiting a supermarket in Cherno

2) The spawn system has been changed as well: for some stupid reason they spawn now inside the barn at different levels. Most of the time due to glitches in their path-finding system you find them outside, around the walls of the barn (they fallen and died, so sorry)

3) Inside the barn they do not always follow you, this is another variation from 1.7.4.4: some will follow you climbing the stairs, some will wander around (afraid of stairs?) and you can kill them at your leisure by going halfway the stairs

_Anubis_

Edited by _Anubis_

3) Inside the barn they do not always follow you, this is another variation from 1.7.4.4: some will follow you climbing the stairs, some will wander around (afraid of stairs?) and you can kill them at your leisure by going halfway the stairs

_Anubis_

I've noticed this as well. Most zombies that I aggro seem to leave me alone as soon as I get pass the door way.

Hmmm, I ran into a building expecting the zombies to run after me and tear me to pieces, but they started slowly shambling as soon as they got past the door... for some reason I expected them to run inside buildings in 1.7.5.1. :|

It's something to do with the line of sight and also that Zeds can't run through buildings. So if you get inside the first few zombies will lurch their way towards you and rest just give up and lurch about out side. If you fire your gun though they go crazy and flood the building.

Our server is on veteran so the Zeds are extremely persistent.

I haven't seen any spawning glitches yet. But they can still attack you through walls which is a pain

I've noticed that you can also still hide under pines like before,they just won't walk away like before. They tend to stick close to the tree.

...If you fire your gun though they go crazy and flood the building.

I haven't seen any spawning glitches yet. But they can still attack you through walls which is a pain

Indeed. I fired a single shot from a Makarov inside the barracks yesterday and it was like a goddamn scene from a movie. They streamed in the front door and somehow managed to walk through the walls behind me, which I thought might have been a tweak to allow them to "climb" through windows. Needless to say, I perished.

• Like 1

Hmmm, I ran into a building expecting the zombies to run after me and tear me to pieces, but they started slowly shambling as soon as they got past the door... for some reason I expected them to run inside buildings in 1.7.5.1. :|

They run inside in the standalone. They will never run indoors in the mod, it's an engine limitation.

Indeed. I fired a single shot from a Makarov inside the barracks yesterday and it was like a goddamn scene from a movie. They streamed in the front door and somehow managed to walk through the walls behind me, which I thought might have been a tweak to allow them to "climb" through windows. Needless to say, I perished.

Yeah, they hit through walls in the barracks and supermarkets. Not a good place to pull aggro, lol.

@OP - Why is zombies spawning indoors stupid? Surely, if anything, zombies only spawning outdoors was stupid?

Edited by mZLY

They run inside in the standalone. They will never run indoors in the mod, it's an engine limitation.

Yeah, they hit through walls in the barracks and supermarkets. Not a good place to pull aggro, lol.

@OP - Why is zombies spawning indoors stupid? Surely, if anything, zombies only spawning outdoors was stupid?

It does make sense, not a problem over here. I'm just not happy with the combat roll *facepalm*

Yeah, funnily enough I'm loving the bits of 1.7.5.1 that people are complaining about and just hating the combat roll and I'm not really happy about this infection business either. Seems a bit silly to me that everything gives you the same infection that can be treated with the same antiotics. Disease would have been better left out until it could be done properly in the standalone IMO.

Edited by mZLY

Yeah, funnily enough I'm loving the bits of 1.7.5.1 that people are complaining about and just hating the combat roll and I'm not really happy about this infection business either. Seems a bit silly to me that everything gives you the same infection that can be treated with the same antiotics. Disease would have been better left out until it could be done properly in the standalone IMO.

Personally it's not a problem for me but I can see from your POV why it's pointless.

I hope the combat roll is taken out... :|

• Like 1

Maybe if we just don't use it, it'll go away...

How can you not like the combat roll! Okay so it is a little bit broke drone a first person view - where your whole body appears to roll the whole way around your head well you are still facing forwards.

And you never break any bones unless you fall off a lighthouse. But it's a lot better than running at full speed. Stopping to do that crappy hill billy American jig over the fence then continue on to the nearest zed free zone.

Now it could be switched maybe for 100 metre hurdle style jump. But I think that mechanics would look even more broke than the barrel roll. Like superman trying to pull out a wedgie in mid air...

All in all this 80 meters zombie radio is just a cheap trick to increase the difficulty by having many stupid zombies instead of a few smarter ones.

One zombie or 100 zombies make no difference if you have an hatchet and a choke point where zombies have to slow down and pass one by one, typically a door frame, on the contrary you can exploit this to gather stuff from them.

The real danger is now the buggy new spawn system, I have seen zombies spawning within 5-10 meters from my position, this is insane.

_Anubis_

I told them about the 100 meter thing, I said that it would make low-noise weapons useless, because that will cause a chain reaction and bring all the zombies to you. Apparently they lowered it by 20 METERS!! :facepalm:

If anyone has a good server running on 1.7.5, do me a favor and run on a road. (Hearing fixed, huh?) I can guarantee that you will get all the zombies from 200 meters to chase you.

Edited by Sutinen

I told them about the 100 meter thing, I said that it would make low-noise weapons useless, because that will cause a chain reaction and bring all the zombies to you. Apparently they lowered it by 20 METERS!! :facepalm:

If anyone has a good server running on 1.7.5, do me a favor and run on a road. (Hearing fixed, huh?) I can guarantee that you will get all the zombies from 200 meters to chase you.

Wtf are you talking about? Yesterday i killed 3 zombies in the south barracks of the aifield and didint attracked more zombies.

1.7.5, do me a favor and run on a road. (Hearing fixed, huh?) I can guarantee that you will get all the zombies from 200 meters to chase you.

I crawled through the grass, at night, 1 bar of sound. Attracted a zombie from 30 yards away, and then he brought his friends from even further away.