Sign in to follow this  
Minamo

Chopper crash? How does it work now?

I've been seaching for hours for a single chopper crash, havent been able to find jack s###... I'm just flying around and havent noticed a single thing...

Question:

Does crashes still give light/flames?

Do they still spawn on server start? but with a lesser number and then respawn/despawn through out the game?

They spawn through out the game as of 1.7.5, here's an example.

The first chopper crash might spawn in the first 30 or so minutes.

The second one will spawn in the first hour or two.

As for the smoke and flames I'm pretty sure they still have that, except for the uh-60m crash.

Would the chopper crashes spawn faster if i had restarts more often?

or.. would i have more chopper crashes if i had very long restarts??

Obvioursly somethings wrong - Not a single person i've spoken too since the patch have located a heli crash,

I'm guessing the system is bugged, because i've been flying around since server start, 4 hours ago.. and havent found a single one :P

i think it's glitched somehow, me and four other friends were on the server for a good 5-6 hours yesterday after the admin had updated the server. the update counted as a restart so new gear technically should have started spawning, i found one sa58p or whatever, but that's it. after hour on end of searching i found absolutely nothing, same thing for my 4 other friends, nothing. we hit NWAF, NEAF, Balota, Stary Sobor, Novy Sobor, Grozny Pass, the areas around Prud, Novy Lug, Grishino, basically every place that a crash could spawn, and nothing. something seems off.

Walked today from Black forest to Stary, then to NWAF, then South to Zelenogorsk, then to Cherno, Electro, Solnichy, Polana and last to Berenzino. Didn't see one single crash.

Great! Makes the rare high end military loot much more of a prize. The admins would know if the server had no crashes spawning at all. If they see no crashes spawning, then it's likely a glitch. It may be that a crash spawned in a location you'd already searched earlier.

I do think a heli crash spawn should be accompanied by the sound of a heli crash. This would give people in the vicinity (maybe a 1.5km radius) a clue as to where some new loot is available... and, it could make for some interesting player interactions over that loot.

But, I'm glad they don't all spawn at the start... keeps the folks with the heli from grabbing up all the goods at restart.

Edited by entspeak

They spawn through out the game as of 1.7.5, here's an example.

The first chopper crash might spawn in the first 30 or so minutes.

The second one will spawn in the first hour or two.

As for the smoke and flames I'm pretty sure they still have that, except for the uh-60m crash.

This

Alright it took about three hours but I found a crash site out by dichina mountain near vybor it had a G36A with the switchable sight it is amazing.

Ps, if you find one that looks like it has a dual sight press the / on your numpad.

if they were server side options I reckon you'd have server admin spawning them right next to their hidden bases.

But alas, I haven't got a clue.

So the heli spawn system is working? Has anyone already found a heli crash since the new update?

Yes, we have found heli crashs since the new update. All is working fine, at least with vanilla code.