Xianyu

A message to the people who are mad about the patch

Edited by mzltv

Pulling trigger to bunch of fast side strafing runners with such high damage? You're a bad troll. Damage can't be high with this AI

the game has become way to easy ... it is just to easy to find food, weps and other things. I remember the good times when i spawned near Balota and until Zelenogorsk i could not find a single can of food, or matches… its not a survival game anymore, its a big map pvp game.. and infected are here just for decoration.

Not complaining, i know that i am one of the few that masochistically enjoyed playing a sandbox game where every mistake was punished with beach spawn :)

Sounds good to me, but I have yet to load up the patch and see (hopefully tonight). Anything which makes it harder to herp derp into the middle of electro without a care in the world about infected deranged cannibals on your tail, is a step in the right direction in my books.

A while ago I was messing around and disabled Zed loss of sight function as it was pre patch 171 (IIRC). It really made a notable difference, but was to far to the other extreme. You literally had a train of Zeds following all the way out of Electro back out to the forests and there was no losing them at all.

If you alert them, you have to kill them.

Out of interest does the Zombies spawning in vehicles also apply to helicopters, an2's flying over head?

Edited by shinkicker

The amount of posts by buttmad guys complaining about the patch. It amuses me.

I've wanted zombies to be a threat for ages. Ever since the patch where you could lose them by running around the side of a building, zombies have been crippled. And it has, evidently, turned every second player into a QQ'ing crybaby.

So what if zombies run at you when you fire your gun? So what if they're harder to lose? so what if the SURVIVAL game is HARD?

Previously, your only threat was other players. Now, when you go running into that firehouse for your assault rifle, you MIGHT NOT MAKE IT OUT ALIVE. And that's a good thing.

why?

Because all of the KoS kiddies who treat the game like a deathmatch will actually have to struggle to get their shit. No more cakewalk. No more running through Elektro at top speed to gear up before you go player hunting. Now you're gonna have to crawl. Get down in the dirt and crawl, you maggot. Learn to use some stealth. Learn some discretion. Save that ammo for when you really need it instead of firing at anything that moves.

Maybe you won't shoot that new spawn when you see him. Because two guns are better than one. And you'll be losing ammo on him. Or hell, maybe you'll just shoot him anyway. I know a lot of you will... the first few times. The consquent run through the city with a horde of zombies chasing you might temper your enthusiasm for random violence, though.

And the people who are complaining about the new patch, being oh-so-vocal about how it's 'ruining' the game? This is DayZ how it's meant to be. This is a living hell. This isn't 'hey, avoid these nuisance zombies while we go after the REAL targets'. The zombies are the real threats. And they always should be.

We endured your beach-sniping. We endured your KoS. We endured your cries of 'it's fair! BEING A BANDIT IS PART OF THE GAME!' even though the only reason the bandit population was sucessful was due to hamstringed zombies.

And now, you're on our turf. Where the ones rewarded are those who take a less aggressive stance. Where reckless running, and gunning get you killed.

I hope you've saved up a lot of weapons in those tent bases, guys. Because until you learn to play the game against the zombies, instead of against the people, you're going to bleed that equipment.

And for everyone single one of you complaining, there's two people like me, who actually enjoy survival instead of deathmatching, and guess what?

We're laughing.

Hell. Yes.

The amount of posts by buttmad guys complaining about the patch. It amuses me.

I've wanted zombies to be a threat for ages. Ever since the patch where you could lose them by running around the side of a building, zombies have been crippled. And it has, evidently, turned every second player into a QQ'ing crybaby.

So what if zombies run at you when you fire your gun? So what if they're harder to lose? so what if the SURVIVAL game is HARD?

Previously, your only threat was other players. Now, when you go running into that firehouse for your assault rifle, you MIGHT NOT MAKE IT OUT ALIVE. And that's a good thing.

No. Zombies are not a threat now, for oh so many reasons. Glitches and bugs have always been the threat, and now they have been buffed. That is all that happened.

why?

Because all of the KoS kiddies who treat the game like a deathmatch will actually have to struggle to get their shit. No more cakewalk. No more running through Elektro at top speed to gear up before you go player hunting. Now you're gonna have to crawl. Get down in the dirt and crawl, you maggot. Learn to use some stealth. Learn some discretion. Save that ammo for when you really need it instead of firing at anything that moves.

No, running around is still a viable option, as is driving. Nothing has changed on a fundamental level, just the size of the zombie train behind them was increased.

Maybe you won't shoot that new spawn when you see him. Because two guns are better than one. And you'll be losing ammo on him. Or hell, maybe you'll just shoot him anyway. I know a lot of you will... the first few times. The consquent run through the city with a horde of zombies chasing you might temper your enthusiasm for random violence, though.

They'll still kill the new spawn, because they can.

And the people who are complaining about the new patch, being oh-so-vocal about how it's 'ruining' the game? This is DayZ how it's meant to be. This is a living hell. This isn't 'hey, avoid these nuisance zombies while we go after the REAL targets'. The zombies are the real threats. And they always should be.

I don't know who you're talking about. I do have complaints about the new patch, but they go way beyond "I can't deathmatch anymore, QQ". In fact, I think I've only shot at 2 players in my endless amount of playtime. These changes don't ruin the game. This is NOT DayZ how it's meant to be. It's not a living hell. And the zombies aren't the real threats, because they are predictable, they don't spend... scratch that, waste 6 hours of their time laying in prone in a remote location for the one victim to come into their crosshair.

We endured your beach-sniping. We endured your KoS. We endured your cries of 'it's fair! BEING A BANDIT IS PART OF THE GAME!' even though the only reason the bandit population was sucessful was due to hamstringed zombies.

And now, you're on our turf. Where the ones rewarded are those who take a less aggressive stance. Where reckless running, and gunning get you killed.

There's still viable room for all playstyles. If there weren't, you'd be the first guy on the fences complaining about changes.

I hope you've saved up a lot of weapons in those tent bases, guys. Because until you learn to play the game against the zombies, instead of against the people, you're going to bleed that equipment.

And for everyone single one of you complaining, there's two people like me, who actually enjoy survival instead of deathmatching, and guess what?

We're laughing.

You don't play the game against the zombies, you play the game against the environment. The zombies are just a portion of it. And to bleed equipment, using a weapon would have to be a reasonable option whatsoever. Endless waves of zombies respawning can't be killed, so it's only about getting rid of the closest ones to make the escaping easier. Doesn't bleed much equipment that.

And for every kid thinking they have the reign on what is DayZ and what isn't DayZ, there will always be others to tell him: You're not special. Your speech wasn't special. Your thread and your post aren't special. You'll die in this game like everyone else, whether you consider your approach to playing it superior or not.

Please, go ahead and be amused by people complaining, but everyone who has ever contributed anything worthwhile in human history started out with a complaint and the motivation to do something about it.

• Like 1

Many people didn't play before the sound was bugged

Oh god the hoards

This. Way back the zombies chased you as long as you didn't shoot them. Shooting was almost the only way to get rid of the zombies.

Edited by St. Jimmy

It's so refreshing to read someone with a similar state of mind

The game will never dictate how I play. That's what is great about the sandbox style. Until there is some interesting content, I will always start up the game for a little bit, and do whatever I want. If that means running through elektro and shooting anything I desire then so be it.

Zombies being a threat has no impact on my gameplay. They are nothing more than a nuisance. The game has nothing for me to value my character and so if I die, so what? That aspect of the game has come and gone, I no longer value my life and your life will be equally unvaluable.

When a game lacks replayability you have to find ways to keep playing it, or to not play it at all. Some people enjoy hoarding loot, making camps. Others enjoy seeing how long they can survive in the wild. Others enjoy PVP, whether that is sitting on a rooftop and shooting bambi' or hunting down players.

I really don't know what you people expect from this game? You loot, you find your desired gear, and then you survive and I use that word loosely. Maybe if the animals and hunting were more interesting and realistic you would see people out there playing Deer Hunter DayZ version; but that isn't the case. Maybe if people could occupy/defend areas and wipe out zombies all together you can see another aspect of the game, as I am sure if given the chance most people would love the idea of claiming a terroritory; but again that isn't the case.

So as far as Zombies are concerned, they still mean nothing to me. Zombies can overrun my position, but I always have an alternate route or I generally don't go in those buildings. We still have an effective hatchet if it comes down to that as well. For those of you who say that the fact that Zombies walk inside buildings ruins the game, then I sincerely hope the SA has a really polished melee system or else you will never ever be able to effectively combat anything in this game and then there goes the game all together.

If you want running Zombies then you should look at games that do it effectively (Dead Island) and their game was mostly focused on Melee.

Edited by Dreygar
  • Like 1

I've been playing the new update today and it's great fun!!

Fired off my Ak kobra and had half of berezino after me. After a few panic shots I had to run. But I found losing the zombies no harder than before!!!

I don't see any reason for complaints with this update, it's all going in the right direction.

I don't see any reason for complaints with this update, it's all going in the right direction.

The main complaints I hear from others are these three:

- we only ever get stuff we must do, rarely stuff we can do - exception being that new combat roll i guess, whether one likes the animation or not. this has the downside of every new 'feature' only being a remedy to a new punishment that seems deliberate and just there so there can be a remedy for it

- the main problems with the game aren't addressed, so you're just adding floors to a house built on sand and get surprised when people complain their house fell together. somewhat a moot point with the engine restrictions and standalone and whatnot, but objectively, it's a valid argument

- many changes feel like someone missed what the original root cause was. they may improve or worsen a certain aspect of the game, but it's a long shot from being a fix. E.g. you want challenging zombies, they arent challenging because the AI lacks, you cant fix the AI - for whatever reasons - so you throw more zombies at the player, make them run faster than the player, give them a higher chance to deal status ailments, etc etc. all those cheap tricks video games used in the past to make an AI "hard" when it isn't. DayZ strives to be more than just "a videogame", so people expect more than just videogame corner cutting to address problems.

Note that while they seem somewhat the same, the 2nd and 3rd are distinct problems, while the one are technical shortcomings and outright bugs, the 3rd are actual design decisions that come across as half-assed.

Edited by Elvaron

I will still kill you.. infection, super zombie, hordes, your care bear friends and difficulty of the game make no difference. I will kill you for my survival as killing you now means it is safer than entering cities. I will kill you even if it means i go down with you. Risk/reward. This changes nothing but giving me more piece of mind that killing you is safer then entering the city you looted for me.

I will still kill you.. infection, super zombie, hordes, your care bear friends and difficulty of the game make no difference. I will kill you for my survival as killing you now means it is safer than entering cities. I will kill you even if it means i go down with you. Risk/reward. This changes nothing but giving me more piece of mind that killing you is safer then entering the city you looted for me.

To be quite honest, I'd rather die from you and your reasoning than a zombie who glitched through the wall or a 12yr old whose parents wonder why his teachers think their kid has ADD. Gotta die one way, might aswell go to a proper bandit ;)

Edited by Elvaron

People miss the point of KOS playstyles on DayZ. It has to do with one thing and one thing only: The rush.

That is irrepressible. No rule changes, incentives, etc will deter people looking for that rush.

Most of the snipers don't care about looting. They want the kill, and that's it. Run and gun bandits will still be able to pick up a rifle and slow down zombies through buildings enroute to plugging the poor soul prone crawling into the hospital.

For me, I came into DayZ expecting the hardest PC gaming experience I've ever had. So when I learned that I could just truck through town and lose zombies easily, it felt like cheating. And the idea of another player NOT trying to kill me on sight is a bizarre surprise rather than the norm. If I'm equipped with anything more than a hatchet, I expect to be a target.

So far this update has had the exact same reaction as every other update.

ZOMBEES R KILLIN ME WTF ROKET WTF DID U DOOOOOO?! CHANGE ET BAK CHANFE ET BAAAAAK.

zombies arnt even much more off a threat op have smoked some good sheet .

as for electro or churno id run striaght in and out just the same id probably get killed by a sniper whos camped there more than a zombie so bit over the top with the patch loving

you dont need to hide and sneak about you move quick get in dangerous areas fast and back out loot quick. moving slowly and pondering is what gets you killed .

Edited by dgeesio

Get down in the dirt and crawl, you maggot.

Beans simply for this line . Brilliant :D

That's like saying 'hey, ocean, STFU, that oil spill isn't a big deal. You don't see the CLOUDS complaining, do you?'

It just doesn't affect them.

I gave beans just for the laugh I got from the thought of someone telling the ocean to STFU. But you do have a point, it is a survival game but I really do not think the zombies are going to be that hard to lose after you get used to them. I played the new patch last night and after the initial oh shit factor wore off I just ran through a building or ran into the forest to shoot them in relative safety while backpedaling. I think adding onto the difficulty is always a good thing so you will not hear me complain about too much in this patch, but I will say I will never crawl on the ground except in extreme circumstances. I would rather be loud as hell dispatching zombies than crawl for thirty minutes on a loot run.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

The main complaints I hear from others are these three:

- we only ever get stuff we must do, rarely stuff we can do - exception being that new combat roll i guess, whether one likes the animation or not. this has the downside of every new 'feature' only being a remedy to a new punishment that seems deliberate and just there so there can be a remedy for it

- the main problems with the game aren't addressed, so you're just adding floors to a house built on sand and get surprised when people complain their house fell together. somewhat a moot point with the engine restrictions and standalone and whatnot, but objectively, it's a valid argument

- many changes feel like someone missed what the original root cause was. they may improve or worsen a certain aspect of the game, but it's a long shot from being a fix. E.g. you want challenging zombies, they arent challenging because the AI lacks, you cant fix the AI - for whatever reasons - so you throw more zombies at the player, make them run faster than the player, give them a higher chance to deal status ailments, etc etc. all those cheap tricks video games used in the past to make an AI "hard" when it isn't. DayZ strives to be more than just "a videogame", so people expect more than just videogame corner cutting to address problems.

Note that while they seem somewhat the same, the 2nd and 3rd are distinct problems, while the one are technical shortcomings and outright bugs, the 3rd are actual design decisions that come across as half-assed.

so what "main" problems weren't addressed?