Diz (DayZ)

Who Else Thinks 1.7.5.1 Pushes Annoyance and Survival Too Far?

@iZero

So far majority of people that complain about 1.7.5.1 happened to be barrack recyclers. Intresting.

Why would you assume I was cycling? We had just finished a battle with some others at NW and were waiting for a pickup at the southern end because the northern end of the airfield was swimming in zombies. We went to the barracks to check for more guns.

i will agree that the zeds are i bit buggy, now there there is a real reason to survive , .1.7.4.4 was easy , now you have a reason also to RUN of HIDE

Everyone That I knew who played DayZ quit because its just Like COD with annoying zombies. I mean getting 1000 zombie kills is piss easy. should be making zombies the main threat not other players. otherwise its just like COD. I mean when was the last time you were killed by a zombie

When they knock me unconscious or break my bones

Now you're just hitting below the belt. If you want to argue so bad, use an arguement, not some crappy link to amazon.

Why should I argue with someone who doesn't read what I write? I could of said "PASTA IS FATTENING, RABBIT TASES GOOD WHY R THEIR NO DEER?" and the response would have been as equally valid.

Not to mention this entire forums seems to lack a sense of humor, or understand the concept of "hyperbole".

The tears of DeathmatchZ and their ilk are delicious.

I love all the changes. You call it 'annoying', but it's survival. The only 'fun' part of the game for the people complaining is shooting at other people. And if that's the only thing you enjoy about it, you should probably move on or drop back to 1.7.4.4 like all the rest of the KOS kiddies. Good riddance.

If not, learn to crawl. It's really not that hard. Wah, I have to spend half an hour on a loot run, wahh! So what? Seriously. Running into one end of a city and running out the other, hiding in a bush to lose the zombies, rinse and repeat, is one of the most broken game mechanics ever. God, I'd love to see you people playing the game back when zombies didn't lose aggro ever.

Haven't played day-z in a couple months (since 1.7.3 time tbh) in anticipation for the standalone but may jump on tonight. This is exactly how I predicted the reaction to the stand alone release being however. In theory all these cool ideas sound great, like a real ''survival'' sim, but I guarentee after 2 weeks the novelty will wear off and the game will become a mundane grind. It's on the cusp of being something truely great, hugely popular, zombie themed survival MMO in a post apocalyptic world, amazing. But if there's too many tedious aspects to it it won't live up to expectations. It needs a balance between fun and the ability to just leap into it for a couple hours while maintaining a tough, empty, post apoc feel.

I don't like the loot spawn, just too much trash now days. I was the only one on the server so headed over tot he supermarket only to find it was completely empty, not even an empty can. Ran around outside for about 40 minutes came back and still empty!?! I don't understand why that was a "fix" that needed to be applied.

The zombies need to be nerfed, just a little. I am so tired of pulling aggro from 300+ distance. In the middle of a field I was gutting a goat, had already shot, waited and gutted appropriately to make sure I didn't attract attention. After gutting and reorganizing my WAY TOO SMALL pack I went to get up and then noticed my combat indicator was flashing, looked around didn't see anything, knelt for a few seconds and then on the other side of the LARGE field I seen movement and sure enough a zombie from the barn about 380 distance (my bike was waypointed in the tree line next to the barn at 365) here came a zombie.

I will stick with 1.7.5 a few more days and see if it pans out but I have already started looking through the 1.7.4 servers. They may have been slightly less realistic but atleast it was enjoyable to play. 1.7.5 so far just seems to be work and I do enough of that in RL.

• Like 3

Haven't played day-z in a couple months (since 1.7.3 time tbh) in anticipation for the standalone but may jump on tonight. This is exactly how I predicted the reaction to the stand alone release being however. In theory all these cool ideas sound great, like a real ''survival'' sim, but I guarentee after 2 weeks the novelty will wear off and the game will become a mundane grind. It's on the cusp of being something truely great, hugely popular, zombie themed survival MMO in a post apocalyptic world, amazing. But if there's too many tedious aspects to it it won't live up to expectations. It needs a balance between fun and the ability to just leap into it for a couple hours while maintaining a tough, empty, post apoc feel.

They just need to find a balance. I see no reason to purchase a standalone version of this since it appears the only thing that has been changed is the character graphics and I don't play DayZ for the graphics (obviously), I play it for the fun of starting with nothing and building to something. The problem is I won't put up with taking several days to get up on my feet. I am on day 2 of looking for a damned tent with no luck so I can't build an operational base to stockpile and adventure out from there. And the empty cans which show up in my pack after drinking a soda I just don't understand, sure I can throw it away but now there's just more cans on the ground for absolutely no reason.

The cans in the inventory pisses me off, in real life I do not decided to carry the empty can I've just taken the contents out of.

The argument is that it's a sandbox and the gameplay was allegedly supposed to stay relatively agnostic. What part of "balance" do you not understand?

You aren't seriously arguing that it was supposed to be balanced in terms of dealing with the zombies and the survival aspect, are you? I know it was supposed to be somewhat balanced with regard to team vs lone wolf play styles, but I don't think it was ever supposed to be balanced with regard to PvP vs zombie apocalypse survival. Perhaps, you could provide some quote from some dev actually saying this?

It's a zombie survival game first and foremost... and the PvP stems from THAT gameplay it doesn't exist alongside it as a separate form of gameplay against which the zombie survival aspect should be balanced.

The cans in the inventory pisses me off, in real life I do not decided to carry the empty can I've just taken the contents out of.

Indeed, just an excuse to take up another inventory slot, don't really see it adding to game play much.

Edit; I mean't with the whole boiling water mechanic!!

Edited by Bandito

I love all the changes. You call it 'annoying', but it's survival. The only 'fun' part of the game for the people complaining is shooting at other people. And if that's the only thing you enjoy about it, you should probably move on or drop back to 1.7.4.4 like all the rest of the KOS kiddies. Good riddance.

If not, learn to crawl. It's really not that hard. Wah, I have to spend half an hour on a loot run, wahh! So what? Seriously. Running into one end of a city and running out the other, hiding in a bush to lose the zombies, rinse and repeat, is one of the most broken game mechanics ever. God, I'd love to see you people playing the game back when zombies didn't lose aggro ever.

Why do people keep assuming that the only people who don't like this updates are bandits?

For the record I never KOS, and usually do my best to avoid contact. I have sat on hillsides watching towns for 30+ minutes waiting for people to move on.

Plus it's already been stated that zombies can (emphasis CAN, not always) see you from 300+ meters out while prone. So crawling doesn't always solve the problem.

Also for the record I have been playing since there were only 2 servers online (forgot the version number). My first time playing I had 20+ zombies chasing me for over a kilometer while I occasionally turned around and shot to thin the herd.

Seriously you need to stop assuming things about other people. Just accept the fact that there are other opinions than your own and stop trolling/flamebaiting/being retarded.

Edited by night_chrono
  • Like 1

KOS will still exist. Also, you can still lose zombies rather easily. I find it enjoyable to go in a city and shoot off a couple rounds just to attract zombies. They are, and will be forever silly. A sniper in the tree line taking out players will have plenty of time to move and relocate before the Zombies sniff out his location, or get out a hatchet or something to combat them.

Yesterday alone, I was shot by a Lee Enfield in the middle of Elektro (messing around, crawling to hospital with broken leg) The guy who shot me? Never died by Zombies. I was at NW Airfield. A player began to engage me. I shot, killed, looted, and hid his body while being right next to some Zombies.

Zombies, however hard you make them, won't deter how people play the game. I watched one guy run circles around the barracks to get the aggro of the zombies, while his buddy looted the barracks. Then they both ditched the zombies and went on their merry way. Having Zombies aggro you indefinitely, or hit through walls, or break your legs in the first hit, etc doesn't make Zombies harder it just makes the experience stupid.

Having Zombies spawn rapidly, is stupid. Nothing like wasting that last round of ammunition to clear out the area so you can safely do whatever you were doing; only for every single Zombie to respawn instantly.

Here is to the Standalone, for we hope the Zombies and overall function of the game will be 100x better.

• Like 3

How big is it? I need to download it when I get home and my internet isn't the best :P

I haven't had a chance to play yet but I must say after months of threads complaining about to much PVP I'm loving the fact that this thread even exists.

I haven't had a chance to play yet but I must say after months of threads complaining about to much PVP I'm loving the fact that this thread even exists.

I purposely began including PVP in a lot of my play. I am horrible with KB+M, and this has really improved in my abilities and confidence. First time I would ever get shot at, my heart would be racing and I'd be like damn I'm gonna die... Now I am more battle-hardened, focused, and ready. If I am in PVP mode, no one is safe. Not safe from my hatchet, my makarov, my Lee Enfield, my DMR, my whatever.

Balances out my playstyle. I might not be the best, but atleast I can fight back less you get me with your first shot.

Did I just read a thread that complained about survival???

Dayz is supposed to be a hardass unforgiving relentless brutal mothafucker not some walk in the park like it has been so far. I for one welcome each and every change with open arms, I mean for the past 3 monthes everyone was complaining about pvp now there complaining about survival.

I only read the OP, but I have to add my 2 cents: before this patch, the game pushed WAY too far towards the PvP side. I'm excited to see if the PvP actually does decrease a bit.

Not me; I really like the sound of the new patch.

I don't really know what the issue is. The only really new thing is the boiling of water to sterilise it (which I approve of).

The patch notes have me ready to pop back into Dayz again.

I'm really enjoying this game, the survival aspect is spot on, some things just seem a bit odd like the empty cans in your inventory. Also the zombies aren't really hard, the difficulty lays in the random nature of your malee hits, you either one hit kill them or it takes 10 shots to kill them. Hit detection seems to be all over the board, something I'm hoping gets fixed in the stand alone game. It could be lag that is for sure, but my ping is pretty good so i'm guessing it's only part lag.

Something to be said when you are swinging your ax into a zombie at point blank range and they don't die, while at the same time I can swing my ax while 5 feet from other zombies and they go down hard. Although i'm really enjoying this game, now if only I could recognize my areas a little better.

sounds like lag to me.

if the game isn;t pretty much based on PVP anymore I will have to get back in to it. Dont get me wrong I do encourage PVP but its not the sole purpose. plus many PVPers re hackers because they dont care if they die, they spawn in a crate with full gear i few seconds later

sounds like lag to me.

if the game isn;t pretty much based on PVP anymore I will have to get back in to it. Dont get me wrong I do encourage PVP but its not the sole purpose. plus many PVPers re hackers because they dont care if they die, they spawn in a crate with full gear i few seconds later

Three week old player here. Funny story, I didn't read the patch notes logged in today drank some water and was rewarded with an infection. I played for an hour and was consistently losing blood. Before I logged I was out of food and very low on blood, I'm sure when I log back in I'll either find antibiotics or pass away.

As a new player I can't say that I mind the changes, I find it fairly easy to evade the zombies and still get myself geared and scavange for medicine and food. I've died so many times in the last three weeks that dieing again probably won't bother me too much. Still loving this game even with the new patch. One thing I have noticed is the zombies are walking through the walls more frequently. I guess this is because of the increased agro. I was suprised a few times by zombies just suddenly appearing in a corner that I was standing in with no doors.

I knwo this was a glitch from before but now that I aggro more zombies it's happening more frequently. Can't wait for the standalone.