Sign in to follow this  
Jemoeder

Legit or Hack ?

Since when does DayZ have rangefinder? All another items seem legit.

Edit: Oh, it really has range finder. Very rare spawn. Well good to know.

A related question, i was playing on a server today and i spawned near balota. I saw this guy running down the hill so i communicated to him but he didnt respond (i think he was russian). I ran along with him for a while. Then he found this ammo crate thing, you know the ones you see on the shore.

Well, he then started giving me all this stuff, like NVGs, a M107 and like 60 rounds for this sniper.

I asked him if he was using a hack and he said that he wasn't. He then whipped out a akm and a m24 for himself. Pretty crazy.

I dunno what to think, should i dump the weapons immediately or is it ok to carry on....

The clan was PyC by the way.

Range finder is legit. Kind of.

If you found the NVGs, Ranger finder on the same person who hacked the M40, all are probably hacked. You wont get a global ban for picking up a hacked weapon, I don't think so, but why risk anything and if it's an illegit weapon, using it knowingly, you're still a cheat.

I dunno what to think' date=' should i dump the weapons immediately or is it ok to carry on....[/quote']

You think it's ok to use hacked weapons?

Range finder is legit. Kind of.

If you found the NVGs' date=' Ranger finder on the same person who hacked the M40, all are probably hacked. You wont get a global ban for picking up a hacked weapon, I don't think so, but why risk anything and if it's an illegit weapon, using it knowingly, you're still a cheat.

I dunno what to think, should i dump the weapons immediately or is it ok to carry on....

You think it's ok to use hacked weapons?

But i dont know if it is hacked or not.... He just said that he didnt need them anymore.

If you use hacked weapons you pick up, you don't get a global battle eye ban, you get a dayz database ban. IE you can still play arma 2 online, you just can't play dayz.

Hack. The M40 is not in the mod' date=' the M24 is. Dump it.

If not you will be database banned permanently.

If you're not sure about an item, check here:

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

[/quote']

I wouldn't bother with keeping them, especially if it's coming from a random ammo box from the beach that has M24s and AKs in - these are hacked afaik.

As it has been pointed out, you will NOT be globally banned by BE from Arma if you keep these weapons but you can be permanently banned from DayZ - your choice if you think it's worth the risk.

I ran along with him for a while. Then he found this ammo crate thing' date=' you know the ones you see on the shore.[/quote']

You know the ones you see on the shore?

They are spawned by hacks, so is the one he "found". Your M107 and NVG are hacked. Keep it if you care more about the gear than about not cheating.

but i have picked them up? if i dump them now will i be ok?

Oke I understand ,

Every item in the game you can keep but not items which are not implented ( yet ) :)

THanks dropped the sniper

but i have picked them up? if i dump them now will i be ok?

In general yes. If an issue arises you know do at least have proof that it was not intentional given that you do drop them. Keep running with them and you give the staff every reason to ban you for knowingly using hacked items.