D4rkWolf

[Legion] Sorting this all out

and Im fine with them kicking people to let other clan members in.

So once they get 40 members, which they probably already have, they're basically allowed to have a PvE server in your opinion.

That's kind of cute, but totally against the spirit of the game.

On topic I have no real complaints about Legion.

Solution : Disable easy mode so you don't know who kills who, that will prevent someone from being kicked for killing an admin, and it quells most of the bitching because noone knows who did what

That and stop giving admin out to so many people like you're handing out pez

The ability to benefit from the central DayZ database to save your character while having your own arbitrary server will become a problem, I believe. People can just farm loot on their servers without a fear in the world, and then have free access to their characters to use on any other server.

I appreciate what Legion is trying to do here. Please read the terms they have asked for in the first post and then reply *if that means YOU*.

No more meaningless bullshit in this thread. Consider this your one and only warning.

As one of the figureheads here in legion, i apologise for our entire group. Some of the things that have transpired here recently are not what i had drummed up for this. I realise some people have been wrongfully kicked for reasons i would never sign off for. We are currently stripping legion and rebuilding from the ground up in an effort to make this situation better for all involved. There will be no more kicking players to make room for members than myself, chaos or another admin since we do desire atleast one of us on to insure that the server remains admined at all times, other than that there will be no more kicks. Any issues will be dealt with in a fair and timely manner. There will be no more admin abuse by any of my admins, the arm of the law has come down here in legion and i will personally see these issues resolved so we can get back to enjoying DayZ. Once again i apologise for those affected by what has transpired, things will be changing.

Nomad

Chaos' pid='12778' dateline='1336531319']

Maybe just make this a sticky' date=' or whatever... subforum would work i guess.. lol

[/quote']

this sums up the problems with your clan - you think too highly of yourselves.

so i see a lot of legion hate going around on the forums and doesnt seem like anyone has tried to talk to Nomad? or another member about whats going on they are not on all the time and dont know about everything if you keep them up to date they can keep things right and fix the problems, let them know the problem and it will be fixed. Member abuse of any kind is not allowed in Legion.

Just wanted to post an act of self policing...

Was at the NWAF with a second legion member a couple days ago when a group of 3-4 other players made a bid for the place. After I was killed by a sniper the other, now lone, Legion member logged off in a panic. He was promptly admonished by myself and a couple other Legion members on our teamspeak server for this and he immediately logged bag in to continue the fight.

We expect others to obey certain rules on our server such as not quitting out of PVP combat, so it's only just that we enforce it on our own members.

One of your members was spamming sound clips tonight. It really made me dislike your servers.

One of your members was spamming sound clips tonight. It really made me dislike your servers.

I've actually encountered this myself. I'm not sure it was a Legion member but there were several on the server and no one complained or stopped it. I left. This was before the Atlanta servers came online, I think it was Dallas 4?

Please send a PM to one of our server admins (Chaos, etc.) with the name of the offending person (their name should show up on the lower left side of the screening if VOIP'ing over a global channel).

Whew a lot of complaints.

I myself have encountered the attitude of legion members acting "high and mighty" over the fact they host a server. I have also had unprovoked shit talked about me in chat when i died to one. Solution: Avoid them like crack.

Perhaps the high and might attitude is appropriate though, I offered 5 US based brand new dedicated servers to host a few weeks ago... never got a reply. Perhaps hosting a dayz server is somewhat of a feat.

Never heard any sound clips being played, our main hub of activity was Dallas 3 that day, if that member was in 4 spamming sound clips he is a wang for not helping out our communal efforts.

In any case, whenever a game or mod comes out of nowhere and catches on like wild fire, inevitably a clan will appear and its membership will swell at a dizzying pace. With that rapid influx of numbers a certain element of chaos is introduced. What falls to us now is to curtail the tide and bring things back down to an organized and manageable level. We are doing so.

Please understand this time tested process and bear with us.

Lastly, while some things said about us may be true, please do not blindly believe every little story told about us. Amongst the just victims are a sea of trolls, immature ragers and just plain goobers.

Nomad' pid='12950' dateline='1336539311']

As one of the figureheads here in legion' date=' i apologise for our entire group. Some of the things that have transpired here recently are not what i had drummed up for this. I realise some people have been wrongfully kicked for reasons i would never sign off for. We are currently stripping legion and rebuilding from the ground up in an effort to make this situation better for all involved. There will be no more kicking players to make room for members than myself, chaos or another admin since we do desire atleast one of us on to insure that the server remains admined at all times, other than that there will be no more kicks. Any issues will be dealt with in a fair and timely manner. There will be no more admin abuse by any of my admins, the arm of the law has come down here in legion and i will personally see these issues resolved so we can get back to enjoying DayZ. Once again i apologise for those affected by what has transpired, things will be changing.

Nomad

[/quote']

Great post +1

I have heard a lot of bad about Legion on this forum, which I guess will always happen when a big clan dominates the scene as they inevitably become targets.

I think having a "dedicated" PR is a very bad move, though, I really do. It suggests more bad than good, and has a stench of EA about it so I would look to be sorting that out asap myself.

The only real gripe I have regarding your clan are a few of your members giving it smack on these forums and also a few wannabe clan members as well. You give off a mature, well mannered air with this post which is almost negated by the arrogance and immaturity of a few of the people who post on these forums on behalf of Legion.

Again, great post and I hope you prevail in weeding out the issues you are having.

As far as legion member interactions are involved i can't say i have encountered anything that was uncouth. My last kill was either Chaos or D00M in vybor and they didn't kick up a fuss about it.

That being said, i DID log on ot dallas 2 this morning to be greeted by someone constantly spamming soundbytes of a truck honking every 1/2 a second. I logged out instantly because trying to do anything with that being played constantly is annoying.

I understand why people want to boycott the server if things like that did happen and if some of the other accusations are true. The problem is for those people is that because of the low amount of servers and high amount of players wanting to get on, boycotting isn't noticable by the servers because they get filled instantly.

and Im fine with them kicking people to let other clan members in.

So once they get 40 members' date=' which they probably already have, they're basically allowed to have a PvE server in your opinion.

That's kind of cute, but totally against the spirit of the game.

On topic I have no real complaints about Legion.

[/quote']

Btw we are not going to have a group of 40 ever, we are now trying to sort out our membership system and recruitment. also we are not saying we dislike killers, we do but we NEVER kick for killing people, its more we hunt the killer down to get our stuff back thats all

If anyone gets kick its usually to make space or if they are exploiting the game against rules.

Chaos' pid='12778' dateline='1336531319']

Maybe just make this a sticky' date=' or whatever... subforum would work i guess.. lol

[/quote']

this sums up the problems with your clan - you think too highly of yourselves.

Only reason I said subforum is because i had a feeling we would get alot of complaints so would just make my life easier going through seperate threads about specific issues. I didnt actally expect anyone to take my responce serously though ever.

Legion cannot configure their servers.

It is noobmode with map = 1

It allows custom which serve only one purpose in this mod and that is annoying others.

I do not play there.

Why do people even care about the legion? I have never even heard of them before all this happened. Are they just some noob CO-OP outfit or what?

Why do people even care about the legion? I have never even heard of them before all this happened. Are they just some noob CO-OP outfit or what?

Mostly it's a case of misinformation. Yes, we as Legion have done some questionable things, such as kick players for our members without giving warning, harassed players in Cherno and Elektro with our massive numbers, etc, but a lot of what I've been reading on here is an exaggeration. I won't stand here and preach that we are infallible, we aren't, but we are pretty large, and it is hard to keep all these members in check right now, and I am 100% positive that Chaos, Nomad and Darkwolf will begin some form of deliberation on what to do from here on out. Again, if there is any issues while on the server, look for Chaos or Nomad, and take it up with them.

On a side note, I personally want to apologize if a few bad apples ruined the bunch so to say, we're not all bad. I, for one, don't shoot on sight unless you are either a) near a vehicle of ours or b) near our BoO at the time, otherwise I'll just ignore you unless you shoot at me first, and for most of the members, that's the way they act, unless you're on our KoS list. If you just kill Legion on sight and see me, feel free to shoot, I welcome the fun, if I die, enjoy my stuff, just watch your back ;)

Ladies and Gentlemen of the "Jury"

I'm no longer the response person when it comes to sticking up for Legion, i have handed that role over to darkwolf. I understand some of you have had problems concerning kicking for admins, or some trash talk, and are upset about it.

Having a PR Role may not show that things are 100% okay, but at the same time, we realise we had an issue and are working actively to fix said issues. if you guys could direct your complaints and problems to a PM to either myself, Nomad, or Darkwolf, that would make things much easier to solve, rather than a bunch of messy forum posts.

Cheers,

Chaos

I usually kill legion, rddt and lljk on sight. legion for their bad reputation and rddt/lljk for their annoying internet groups. good to see something is being done about it, at least.

Members like Dantan are mainly what gives the clan a bad name, and kicking for members is unfair - say the guy you kicked just dropped his backpack on the shore to swim out and repair a boat, or something. The last person who joined should be kicked, and given a decent warning beforehand.

I'm a bit biased, i usually hate clans to begin with. They take themselves way too seriously. If you dont know the name of everyone in your group, or dont recognize their voice, you have too many people, or you dont know them well enough to have them in your group.

I usually kill legion' date=' rddt and lljk on sight when i can

Members like Dantan are mainly what gives the clan a bad name, and kicking for members is unfair - say the guy you kicked just dropped his backpack on the shore to swim out and repair a boat, or something. The last person who joined should be kicked, and given a decent warning beforehand

[/quote']

the kick will be picked at complete random so it would be fair to all players and We will give a suitable time period before they get kicked. I think at the moment we will kick for only admins to get them into the server, but for our members we will not do until we get a kick script up which will notify the player being kicked and give them enough time to get somewhere safe.

We only will have a few reserve spots and they will be for the people who donate, not for just regular members.

Darkwolf, are you allowed to add your own scripts? Has permission been sought from the DayZ dev's to modify their files to add this script? As with any mod, I'm sure it would be in the best of respect to ask if you can do these things, but they may not allow you since the mod is in such an early stage.

Rocket has stated in a previous thread regarding Legion that he is against kicking for clan-members.

While some of the posts on this thread show that Legion may be willing to try and resolve the issues, others made by members of your clan do not show a change in stance. One of your members states that you will only be kicking for Admins now, yet you have changed that into you will be kicking for members/donators when you can add the script. Also, in another thread, Chaos stated that Legion will no longer be kicking for members.

You need to come up with something and stick to it, instead of changing it from one day to the next.

So much trouble to deal with this issue. So much drama. A PR person... countless of topics... and next, a whole forum section dedicated to this issue... I kid on that last one, of course... Unless...

Anyway, you could've dealt with this issue ages ago by abolishing the kicking to make room for your own members. But you insist on kicking people... Why?

Why not deal with the drama directly? Remove what is causing the issue. Get rid of the kicking. Start punishing members who get out of line, get rid of them if you have to. And do not attract any attention for a little while so that people forget... Problem solved, no more drama.

Alternatively, get rid of the servers. In time, other people will fill up the empty hole, anyway.