Sign in to follow this  
Arrix

Banned For Teleporting. Didn't teleport.

I was standing on a hill with a shotgun looking down on Tulga. I had been playing for like an hour and a half or so. Several people had been banned for teleporting when I was playing. My ban came from nowhere. I had not been (or ever have been) teleporting. Not sure how that came about. Would like to play in the server again. Please consider lifting. Thanks!

In game name: Arrix

In my experience, Gotcha sometime bans for teleporting when it reads certain things in the setpos.log. I used it for a little while, but it repeatedly did this to players that I know were NOT teleporting (unless they were only teleporting 5 feet).

Gotcha is a load of crap, I've seen it ban people when they were flying planes.

I've now disabled Gotchas teleport detection, I only use it for scheduled messages as that's all it's good for

Well, put the server name in the topic name so that the admin can notice this.

If he does, hopefully the admin will pop in and lift the ban.

Gotcha's teleport detection quite simply, does not work.

AFAIK the only anti hack program that correctly detects, logs, and auto kicks/bans is The Silent Warrior Anti Hack.

Edited by -Panda

Gotcha's teleport detection quite simply, does not work.

AFAIK the only anti hack program that correctly detects, logs, and auto kicks/bans is The Silent Warrior Anti Hack.

gotcha in general does not work. We had to abandon it as the last update just caused it to crash and it hardly ever caught anybody. We've switched to DayZ Anti-hax with BEC and it's not perfect but a far better solution than gotcha. Not heard about The silent warrior but will check that out now :thumbsup:

contact the server admins directly or post there ip and they may see it nothing can happen here till you do one of the folllowing. Also yes gotcha is fucked up when it comes to teleporting

I got banned once because of the admin. Admin teleported me and i got banned?

(Hive)

Server admins can't teleport you. Unless they're cheating themselves.

I like how the server name isn't at all mentioned.

Ikr, I reiterate:

Well, put the server name in the topic name so that the admin can notice this.

If he does, hopefully the admin will pop in and lift the ban.

Server admins can't teleport you. Unless they're cheating themselves.

Server admins can teleport people without cheating :P Teleporting people is actully a feature in TSW anti-hack but there are other ways

Server admins can teleport people without cheating :P Teleporting people is actully a feature in TSW anti-hack but there are other ways

He said hive server.. ofc admins can do what they want on a private hive.

• Like 1

I have a similar story. Was standing in a forest and while checking the map for orientation I got a warning from gotcha over "TP" which is teleport. Also the other day I was teleported to the NWAF with about 200 zombies and cows.

Strangely, the game still loads ok on most public servers so not sure what happened.

Edited by disorder