Sign in to follow this  
terminal_boy

Playing Lone Wolf On Namalsk?

So, my regular Chernarus server where I like to roam around off the beaten track and watch all the PvP from a safe distance switch to hosting Namalsk and I spent a couple of interesting hours there yesterday.

First impressions:

- There's very little cover and the cold forces you to avoid the terrain you could use to your advantage unless you find cold weather clothing.

- Hardly any food to be had unless you venture into one of the main bases/towns at which point the KoS Kiddies zap you with whichever high-tier military weapon they tripped over on their dash in from the coast.

- Hordes of military zombies everywhere. I had more zombies chasing me after I bumped into one looting Brensk (4 huts) than I would running running down Cherno Main Street holding a smoke grenade.

All of this makes me feel that Lone Wolfing / Watcher In The Woods play is next to impossible on Namalsk as you can't survive off the land and any place with a tin of beans is PvP Central.

Am I right or does Namalsk deserve another chance?

It's hard, but it can be done. Death is a lot harder to recover from without a team to recover goods and such from your corpse.

The key is warm clothes. And until then heat packs and fires.

Loot old hospital or (yikes) vorkuta and get your camping and survival supplies. Then (ideally after a server restart and when there aren't tons of players on) get to the high elevation military bases or the c130 crash and get warm clothes. That's the key. Once you have them you can lurk in spots without fear of getting sick.

I still lonewolf on namalsk, it's difficult but it's not impossible. if you're going into the main city then use the ladders in the larger buildings to get onto the rooftops, they can have food, supplies and ammo etc and you get a large advantage over anyone at ground level.

are emissions and bloodsuckers enabled on your server ??

I have no idea.