sobieski12

DayZ at "149 FPS"

Man I wish I could hit even 20 in the cities sometimes I'm as low as 7 or 8 which is just about unplayable one reason I avoid cherno/electro

I'm jelly. I can't justify spending that much money on a PC though.

Well in all honesty, I was in the same situation.

* Buying the overall parts today would be around 2,500 usd.

I was planning to buy the overall parts on "Black Friday".

* Which overall worked out quite nicely, 1,800 usd.

Overall I wanted a system of which can run very demanding titles with smooth overall fps.

* Games in particular.

- ARMA series

- Total War series

Having in job in building and fixing computer systems also helps. :)

Want to trade? Here's my main main Gaming PC:

Potato @ 13KHz

Depends really.

* I might trade, if it looks like this.

yxRAic0.jpg

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 2

Put distance at 10k Like the real players.

"GUYS I PUT MY VIEW DISTANCE AT 10,000 CAUSE I'M A REAL PLAYER EVEN THOUGH CHANGING YOUR VIEW DISTANCE DOES NOTHING AT ALL IN DAYZ BECAUSE IT'S SET SERVER SIDE" This is you right now.

• Like 4

690 Graphics card... That's is pretty Damn expensive... 1000$ xD

I was going to pay about 500 usd per card, for an sli setup...

* Then it hit me..., why not get a single card with 2 x gpus.

- The overall temperatures is a big difference between 1 - 2 cards.

What is the point of the thread? Bragging or proving that you can run DayZ at high fps?

Bragging or proving that you can run DayZ at high fps?

I'll brag... 14 FPS in the country, 9 FPS or less in the city, and I can still manage to kill players more frequently than being killed. :P

• Like 3

What is the point of the thread? Bragging or proving that you can run DayZ at high fps?

Consider it more of test than anything else.

* Yeah the overall fps is quite interesting to test.

- Both GPUs, were not actually working at its full capacity.

- I am talking in regards of the "percentage" the GPUs were working at.

As for bragging, I don't really see a point to it.

* I just payed more for parts than others usually do.

---

Personally, before I even bought the system.

* I am concerned about "FPS", thus finding ways to increase it is quite interesting.

- Overall.

I could not understand why my system suffered such significant "FPS" drops, and I've been convinced that major cities guarantee low FPS.

* Yet the test I did, it was quite the opposite.

- But I did lose, around 70 FPS.

- If I only knew the reason

The zombies that spawned in the test area, caused my FPS drop to around 65 from 70.

I'll brag... 14 FPS in the country, 9 FPS or less in the city, and I can still manage to kill players more frequently than being killed. :P

There is a way to increase your FPS.

* But it would require some old school techniques.

- From the information I've read about the subject, it could improve the FPS in ARMA quite significantly.

Has anyone tried to "DRAM" DayZ?

----

What is so special about "DRAM"?

* Significant FPS boast.

What is the cost?

* About 50 - 100 usd

What is "DRAM"?

* Still looking into the overall subject, essential you would load the ARMA files on RAM.

- Thus you would need a significant amount of RAM.

- From there you would interact with the game faster than you would with a SSD.

But of course, you will lose all the files once you turn off your system.

* Thus, you need a program to re-write the data every-time you turn the system on.

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 1

Were you using Razer Gamebooster also? or were there a few background progs running?

http://download.cnet...4-10913645.html

Made a great difference on my P.C.

I've only used "MSI Afterburner", when I posted the screenshots.

* I'll try your program.

- As for the background programs, nothing out of the ordinary.

But I am concerned about the gpu percentage overall.

* That depends on the game engine, tho.

------------------

Well this is interesting.

* The graphics card actually worked harder out in the fields than in the city.

- lol

Edited by Sobieski12

I've only used "MSI Afterburner", when I posted the screenshots.

* I'll try your program.

- As for the background programs, nothing out of the ordinary.

But I am concerned about the gpu percentage overall.

* That depends on the game engine, tho.

------------------

Well this is interesting.

* The graphics card actually worked harder out in the fields than in the city.

- lol

You need to watch the usage of each core on your CPU, the core that reaches 100% is the one that is causing your GPUs to only run at 35%

ArmA 2 has multithreading but you can't escape the sym locks that "have" to happen. If they would invest some real effort into optimizing the game (a complete rebuild mind you) then the CPU would not be such a bottleneck.

• Like 1

Put distance at 10k Like the real players.

Given how majority of server set the view distance at 1600m, I can only guess that your not one the 'real players'. Check your facts buddy. :rolleyes:

Anyone who sets it anything more than that trying to convince themselves that it gives them an advantage is fooling themselves. As I said, most servers limit the view distance.

To play DayZ/ARMA II at a good quality FPS, you need a good processer. Even then, you can experience pretty poor FPS. I have a 3570K @ 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, x2 XFX 6870's Crossfire, and a Corsair Force GT 60GB SSD. Those are the main things that will affect performence. I average, with tweaks to both game, OS, and hardware, about 90-110 FPS in country side, 50-70 FPS in towns.

I have recently bought an AverMeida Live Gamer HD that allows me to record in full 1080p with high settings and still get the same FPS. Would suggest getting one for those who like to record.

• Like 1

I was going to pay about 500 usd per card, for an sli setup...

* Then it hit me..., why not get a single card with 2 x gpus.

- The overall temperatures is a big difference between 1 - 2 cards.

I thought ArmA only uses 1 GPU on the card without third party support? I know that 680 SLI'd automatically work.

Do you use some kind of mod to make them both work or is that JUST the other 680 (675 with the underclock) making the 149FPS?

I thought ArmA only uses 1 GPU on the card without third party support? I know that 680 SLI'd automatically work.

Do you use some kind of mod to make them both work or is that JUST the other 680 (675 with the underclock) making the 149FPS?

The GTX690 is at stock speed, during the time I made those screenshots.

* Both GPUs are working since, the percentage was relatively the same.

- Take a look at a couple screenshot I took, and look at the top left of the screen at the purple font.

It was a "on screen display" of both GPUs, and in-game FPS.

---

I might try to "OC" the card later today.

* See if the results remain the same or if it does change.

Given how majority of server set the view distance at 1600m, I can only guess that your not one the 'real players'. Check your facts buddy. :rolleyes:

Anyone who sets it anything more than that trying to convince themselves that it gives them an advantage is fooling themselves. As I said, most servers limit the view distance.

To play DayZ/ARMA II at a good quality FPS, you need a good processer. Even then, you can experience pretty poor FPS. I have a 3570K @ 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, x2 XFX 6870's Crossfire, and a Corsair Force GT 60GB SSD. Those are the main things that will affect performence. I average, with tweaks to both game, OS, and hardware, about 90-110 FPS in country side, 50-70 FPS in towns.

I have recently bought an AverMeida Live Gamer HD that allows me to record in full 1080p with high settings and still get the same FPS. Would suggest getting one for those who like to record.

cm-41097-050d7c82958505.gif

Edited by Sobieski12

Well in all honesty, I was in the same situation.

* Buying the overall parts today would be around 2,500 usd.

I was planning to buy the overall parts on "Black Friday".

* Which overall worked out quite nicely, 1,800 usd.

Overall I wanted a system of which can run very demanding titles with smooth overall fps.

* Games in particular.

- ARMA series

- Total War series

Having in job in building and fixing computer systems also helps. :)

I got my car for that.

Jelly of that setup OP.

I've been fiddling around to increase frame-rates in cities myself (my PC is a lot weaker: Q6600 3.2Ghz, 4GB DDR2, GTX 660 2GB, Windows 7, playing at 1920x1080). I've tried pretty much every combination of startup parameters from here - http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters - the only one which had any significant effect was -winXP which bumped my FPS in and immediately around Elektro on average by 10 FPS (25-50% depending on location), but it didn't really impact visual quality at all.

I'm not jelly of your aliasing though OP. Turn up 3D rendering above 100% (over-rendering), it usually decreases aliasing without much (or any - even on my PC) performance hit, it should especially work on a PC like yours. Here's a screenshot of my settings, you can see that the building, fences and especially the frames of the crane have very little aliasing at these settings.

qNCG2Wh.jpg

I also found that I need ATOC on All Trees + grass and Anti-Aliasing at least on High in order for bushes, grass and trees to look acceptable (not like paper cut outs) this impacts framerates mainly outside of cities, turned off I would get 100+ FPS in fields with it on on I get 50-60 (my monitor is only 60Hz so it's good enough for me). No matter how low I set my settings (excluding lowering resolution) I rarely get more then 30 FPS when looking into a city though. Terrain and object detail impact performance a lot so I have these set to normal/low, this increases FPS but doesn't really degrade image quality much.

I just want to point out that while your monitor can only display 60 frames per second, you may notice a significant difference when your game is running at 100 FPS vs 60 FPS.

The reason for this is because your system would have more time over to deal with control input and simulation at higher FPS.

It is the sole reason most "professional" gamers opt for lower quality settings in games or extremely overcapable PC's for games such as CS 1.6 / CS:S as frame rates in the 3-400's actually gives them an advantage in the input and client to server communications.

For instance, i can tell if my game is running at 100 fps vs 60 FPS by how responsive it feels. (Not to mention, microstuttering starts to go away the higher FPS you have)

Edited by X0TCadde