Sign in to follow this  
freeman83

Default Settings And Controls Design For SA

Default Settings And Controls Design For SA

These are just my personal preferences/Suggestions for default controller settings and Infantry controls design ideas for SA.

---------------------------------

Toggles

Before playing dayz i make the following adjustments in the controls options to make them simpler and less finicky. It is annoying when the toggle for various actions is accidentally triggered by double tapping.

remove walk run toggle from (left shift) and move to another key or remove all together if making walk default movement speed in SA. I prefer walk as default movement speed instead of run so left shift now initiates run instead of walk.

remove free look toggle

remove lean left/right toggle

I think i also removed a toggle for raise weapon (cant remember)

P.S For the uninitiated removing Toggle doesn't effect the original function of the key, but only takes away the function of tapping it 2X.

----------------------------------

Prone, crouch and stand all on one key in SA. Inspired by the MGS series.

eg: let's say we use (space bar) as prone/crouch/stand key

from standing position to crouch tap space bar

from standing position to Prone hold space bar

from prone to crouch tap space bar

from prone to standing hold space bar

from running to diving prone, while running hold (space bar)

from prone to evasive/dashing forward hold (w), (left shift) and (space bar)

--------------------------------

Raise, Lower weapon

In Arma2 when in crouch position with weapon lowered pressing the (ctrl) key to raise weapon will make your character stand up then raise weapon, this is embarrassing if you are trying to be stealthy, making you stand out like an erection. This is annoying please fix it devs.

It would be great if you could also lower pistols so as not to look like Tackleberry from Police academy the whole time.

Mouse sensitivity

Increase default sensitivity, i usually put the sliders for X and Y both 3/4 of the way up.

reduce smoothness (more accurate, less delay)

Field of View

I double click - on the numbers pad to get a wider field of view, (especially useful in first person view). It would be nice to have two separate sliders for field of view

adjustments In SA, for both First and Third Person.

-------------------------------

Head Bob

As much as i love the head BoB effect, i have to reduce the setting because it makes it too difficult to look/zoom far ahead and spot a player or zed while moving. Also i

think the default setting is unrealistically high. I feel that in real life vision is a little more stable.

-------------------------------

CrossHair

Make it possible to remove crosshair from settings menu. On second thought, isn't the CH going to be removed all together?. Hope so.

Edited by freeman83