Sign in to follow this  
Renay

Custom Map

I do not know how much is possible with arma 2 modding, but a custom map for Day Z would be cool.

I would prefer having a huge town in the middle of the map, like 5 times the size of cherno and having more buildings you can enter.

It may be considered further down the line, but I think rocket's main goal right now is to get the mechanics and framework down for the time being.

Once we have a fuller game, then a map switch will likely be considered, if only because 75% of Chernarus' buildings aren't able to be entered.

Yes please, add a map that is much larger, fix it up for DayZ, make sure there are different kinds of locations (Cities, Mountains, Plains, Valleys, etc) and then add MORE.

Just more. More military bases, more towns, more random buildings in the woods, more everything. Scatter them all over, strategically of course, and let the players have at it.

yes, much bigger, so instead of 1 person for every 4km, how about like 1 per 16km, and give everyone their own cherno

I'm all for a different map being put together, maybe when the game makes the switch to Arma 3, but I don't know if I care for the idea of allowing custom maps. People would just create farm-fests for them to get a bunch of loot on, then join legit maps to run around with their stockpiles.

Different maps? Sure, maybe; but nothing that isn't specifically made by the developers.