unholyduq

Random CD-Key error?

Okay.... To start this off sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.... I'm confused as to where to make this topic... I had to make an account for this problem due to how confused I was.

Before I get accused of hacking, I haven't... Yes... Sounds extremely dodgy and no one has any reason to believe any of this crap... I know... I understand...

Ok well.... I run Arma 2/DayZ or whatever and BAM. Wrong CD-Key... nothing but that.... Just a wrong CD-Key put into settings or something along the lines of that. No error, no try again later. I tried updating Arma again, still the same problem.

I know no one can do anything about it but I need an understanding of what just happened.

I know it must be a bad idea posting this here because I'll most likely get "Nothing, you're a filthy hacker scum" but like I said I'm not a hacker... I hate hackers to bits. I spent 4 days gathering a DMR, a M9 SD, NVG's, a car and enough supplies to venture the map to then get my car blown up and shot in the side of the head by a hacker. I completely hate them. But right now I'm more pissed at the fact that this has happened. So is this the end? Because I can't really put my trust into this game by buying it again no matter how much I loved it.

Again, I know no one can do anything about it, but I'm just confused.

Wrong CD Key isn´t equal to "global ban #Numbersandletters" (thats what a hacker would get)

Did you just tryed to check the file integry if you use steam , or reinstall the game?

• Like 1

Wrong CD Key isn´t equal to "global ban #Numbersandletters" (thats what a hacker would get)

Did you just tryed to check the file integry if you use steam , or reinstall the game?

I see, I was curious because I doubt I would randomly get a global ban for no reason due to it being more of an engine thing and not getting a global ban message.

I'm not actually sure how to check the file integry... or really what it means :o

But tomorrow I'll try reinstalling, it's too late to do it now, I don't really like leaving my computer on all night. I am an extremely paranoid person... I don't even like playing DayZ without a friend.

Thank you for the reply :beans: :thumbsup:

I see, I was curious because I doubt I would randomly get a global ban for no reason due to it being more of an engine thing and not getting a global ban message.

I'm not actually sure how to check the file integry... or really what it means :o

But tomorrow I'll try reinstalling, it's too late to do it now, I don't really like leaving my computer on all night. I am an extremely paranoid person... I don't even like playing DayZ without a friend.

Thank you for the reply :beans: :thumbsup:

here you go, this is how to check your file integry -->

Verify integrity of game cache

1. Load Steam
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

https://support.stea...=2037-QEUH-3335

To play Dayz again after this, you have to start Arma2 and Arma 2 OA 1 time to the Main menu first.

Its looks up if some Data of the game are "destroyed" or not working how they should. If thats the issue it will fix the problem.

Edited by Paddy0610
  • Like 1

Thank you both so much for the help. I tried verifying the files but unfortunately I still got "Bad serial given in setup" and I doubt reinstalling will help. It seems my serial is no good.....

But thanks for the help anyway.... I'll buy the SO for DayZ when it comes out but I wont be buying Arma again.

I don't know how this has happened but I guess lifes not fair~

But thanks again you two, you both have been more help then what I have expected :beans:

Oh bad serial error should be easiert to fix ^^ why didn´t you meantioned that earlier

Try closing the steam process and running STEAM as administrator, then launch the games through steam.

If that didn´t work try this --> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145574-Problem-with-CD-Key&p=2286884&viewfull=1#post2286884

Edited by Paddy0610

Oh bad serial error should be easiert to fix ^^ why didn´t you meantioned that earlier

Try closing the steam process and running STEAM as administrator, then launch the games through steam.

If that didn´t work try this --> http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2286884

I couldn't do what the instructions said to do....

Couldn't delete Key or anything...

Do you think maybe my key either got stolen or banned somehow?

Sucks if it did -.-

If it did I guess I'll live.... stuff happens and I'll have to wait till the stand alone comes out.

And again, thank you for all your help. I am really grateful.

I've had a bad week xD

http://dayzmod.com/f...d-key-problems/

oh, I also moved you to troubleshooting. But you know that if you're reading this. :)

L

Thank you xD

Sorry. I was confused as to where to put this.

Being completely new to the forum and all. I got to get around to reading all the rules and such.

Naughty thing...

The first thing to do before posting is to read all the stickies/rules!

Now, in your bed! No supper for you tonight!

L

Naughty thing...

The first thing to do before posting is to read all the stickies/rules!

Now, in your bed! No supper for you tonight!

L

Awwh D: But mother said....

Yeah.. sorry D:

I was confused and in a rush and as you know, didn't know where to post this. But I have read rules and some other main threads and I'll read them all soon.... I'm a slow reader :P

And pssh. It's only 8PM. Who sleeps at 8PM on a Friday night? xD