xDIx Revenge

[DayZ SA] Car Locking, Keys, and Alarms - Realistic Vehicles

Half the vehicles in the game don't look like they would have locks on the doors, let alone alarms.

So, I guess it is ironic that I told you that it's been said before, because I had the same happen to me, but I said it because it sounded a lot like mine. And no, I did not copy other people at all I may have quite similar things, but I didn't copy. Btw, I did not mean to insult you if that is what you got out of it, I wasn't blaming you for anything I was simply informing you.

My "thread" : http://dayzmod.com/f...n/#entry1092831

I'm sorry if it sounded a lot like yours. I did search around for this before posting, and truly didn't run into your thread. I didn't mean to say you copied, but neither did I. People have similar thoughts, and as long as they don't spam 2 line threads about it, its not hurting anyone.

Half the vehicles in the game don't look like they would have locks on the doors, let alone alarms.

I think you will find they would. Most cars for a long time have had built in alarms and locks. The sophistication of locks is a different thing. But really, what care in this do you believe is so old or ancient that it wouldn't have locks?

This is a realistic idea because in real life if you find a car with no keys you can't drive it. Hotwiring would be your only option.

This is true :)

anything can break a car window, it would be pointless without the alarm, and then i would try to start the ignition by hand unless it was one of those new cars that have it different.... its a nice idea, but it would be something very stupid, concealing the car would be better than keys, but it could be implemented

anything can break a car window, it would be pointless without the alarm, and then i would try to start the ignition by hand unless it was one of those new cars that have it different.... its a nice idea, but it would be something very stupid, concealing the car would be better than keys, but it could be implemented

Concealing the car should also be implemented. How are you going to start a car by hands? By hotwiring it? Like i suggested?

Breaking windows isn't easy, especially dependant on the vehicle. Getting into an SUV is a lot harder then a small/old GAZ. Even so, the effect of having alarms is there to bring risk to jacking someones car.

I dunno, I have mixed feelings about the key system.

Why not make it a first time owner thing? So if you find and repair the vehicle, which btw, is already s**t-hard to do, you should have the benefit of choosing when to lock and unlock it.

Once you break into it, henchforth you should also gain 'first time ownership' of the car.

Once in the car, you can then bestow this right to your passengers too. Eg: "Give passengers locking rights"

We need to think more in terms of fast implementation for the development team. Less work means more chance of seeing it in game.

I dunno, I have mixed feelings about the key system.

Why not make it a first time owner thing? So if you find and repair the vehicle, which btw, is already s**t-hard to do, you should have the benefit of choosing when to lock and unlock it.

Once you break into it, henchforth you should also gain 'first time ownership' of the car.

Once in the car, you can then bestow this right to your passengers too. Eg: "Give passengers locking rights"

We need to think more in terms of fast implementation for the development team. Less work means more chance of seeing it in game.

I definitely don't see a key item with the attributes of making car_locked = false etc. very time consuming.

The problem with your system is that it grants you "ownership" of the vehicle etc. In a game like DayZ which is bringing in excreting as part of gameplay, i don't think bestowing rights magically is the way to go.

If stealing cars was to become so difficult i'd like also having more options to damage a car other than shooting it. For example slicing the tires with a knife, cutting ignition wires and puncturing the fuel tank.

since i've had my cars stolen, if I come upon any cars with gear in them, I take what i want and blow the sucker up. Then leave a nice little notation on the map telling the person I blew up their car.

since i've had my cars stolen, if I come upon any cars with gear in them, I take what i want and blow the sucker up. Then leave a nice little notation on the map telling the person I blew up their car.

Thats a method you could take as well. If you don't need the vehicle, destroy it so others can't have it. Kind of a brutal mentality, but do what you want i guess :P

first of all to excuse my English.

An idea the “foot of hind”

http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=http://www.castorama.fr/images/products/i/i_260534.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.castorama.fr/store/Pied-de-biche-60-cm-PRDm260534.html&h=480&w=640&sz=27&tbnid=n914PWBLsx01tM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpied%2Bde%2Bbiche%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=pied+de+biche&usg=__uIG9Q4rX6u_LK6so2TGgoKZSNd8=&docid=ICnnQ2g3_vZQqM&sa=X&ei=5r6kUaxDxLzRBc_dgbgL&sqi=2&ved=0CDAQ9QEwAA&dur=183

who is not useful has anything except error, could be useful has to fracture the car.

remain always the problem of locked the car:

on a server I saw that it was possible to dissolve metal, why not give the option on the other hand to create a key (which would be associated has the ID of the player, it should be found a way so that if one kills the player and recovers the key, the ID of the player changes).

After I know nothing there, therefore realizable or not I do not know.

Edited by geds3169

I like this idea. Although it should be more difficult without a key to the vehicle. Maybe something like you need a crowbar to break into the vehicle and than to hot wire it after you need a toolbox. However, hot wiring has a chance to damage the vehicle to a point were it isn't drivable. Maybe also in SA, like Dean has suggested, there will be a very basic leveling/skill building process. So something like if you hot wire "x" amount of vehicles successfully your chance at daging vehicles through hot wiring decreases by some percentage. Just my 2 cents.

I like this idea. Although it should be more difficult without a key to the vehicle. Maybe something like you need a crowbar to break into the vehicle and than to hot wire it after you need a toolbox. However, hot wiring has a chance to damage the vehicle to a point were it isn't drivable. Maybe also in SA, like Dean has suggested, there will be a very basic leveling/skill building process. So something like if you hot wire "x" amount of vehicles successfully your chance at daging vehicles through hot wiring decreases by some percentage. Just my 2 cents.

Sounds like a good point. Though i'd like the idea of having a crowbar to break into the car be an added extra. For example, if you have a lock pick, you have more success then without, and less chance of triggering the alarm, or just not getting in at all. Same kinda thing should go with the hotwiring :) Risk vs Reward