Sign in to follow this  
ThuggleS

Are Tents Working Yet?

I stopped playing a few months back, and during that time tents were very buggy and keeping the gear you collect was difficult.

How are they now?

I'm thinking about playing again since standalone is going to be delayed for a while, but I don't enjoy gearing up just to lose it all because of buggy tents : /

They have fixed tents somewhat, You can place them easily now. But good players don't need tents, Just whats on their back.

They have fixed tents somewhat, You can place them easily now. But good players don't need tents, Just whats on their back.

I have a tent on my back.

Suck it.

It has nothing to do with being a "good" player (and how can you even define such a thing in a game like Day Z?).

I've always gotten the most enjoyment from open world games like Day Z when I can collect and store what I find. So when I store tons of stuff in tents and then it all gets wiped out by a server restart or something it kinda destroys my motivation to play.

Edited by ThuggleS

In my opinion tents are about 10x better then when I started playing in August

The use of tents have marginally improved since the summer, and are far more useful and less likely to cause you trouble for setting up camps.

I personally don't enjoy putting up camps, so I either use my handy-dandy inventory, or the Czech Pouch I pick up every now and then.

The only problem with tents that I've noticed is that they sometimes move after a server restart if you put them on a sloped terrain. Usually they move very little but if you put a tent in such a way it's difficult to access, sometimes you end up not being able to access it at all later on. I lost quite a bit of good stuff in my last tent which slid into a tree.

I have a tent on my back.

Suck it.

Congratulations on your 1000th post! Here have a cookie.

Congratulations on your 1000th post! Here have a cookie.

O: I didn't even notice.

Put it in the backpack-tent, with the other stuffs.

Just don't look at what's in there.

Edited by Rage VG