EnermaX

Consequences for killing players/playerbodies attract zeds

From the patchnotes:

* [NEW] Heartbeat when cursor on a player with very low humanity (heart beats faster the lower it is)

That's all we need' date=' if not too much...

[/quote']

Other than expose massive player killers like backstabbers, that change won't do much more. People ask for changes that make feasible coop among strangers and that's pretty legit to me.

Yes, excatly. This is the main goal. Make it better playable together.

What do you think?

Get the fuck out

Troll much?

Don't feed the troll ;)

What do you think?

Get the fuck out

Troll much?

Troll? No

Just my honest opinion about thread number 1945195 suggesting to punish PvP

It's the same useless talk about how horribly evil PvP is, like every single thread before

And, like very single thread before, it won't happen

So again: GTFO

You did not get my point hero, I DONT want to PUNISH ANYONE, I want to make it more difficult AFTER KILLING SOMEONE, than just looting the body and getting away if nothing happend.

Learn to read.

Currently' date=' 90% in PvP situation end in a gunfight[/quote']

and the other 10% end in swordfights?

this is stupid, why is there a fucking "punish the bandits" post every damn 10 mins

learn how to use the fucking search

As far as this idea goes. Nope, it isn't going to happen. Rocket allready said he isn't going to punish a gamestyle.

Currently' date=' 90% in PvP situation end in a gunfight[/quote']

and the other 10% end in swordfights?

Omg, do you even have a brain? Oh, well, you managed to find the missing 10%...

this is stupid' date=' why is there a fucking "punish the bandits" post every damn 10 mins

learn how to use the fucking search

As far as this idea goes. Nope, it isn't going to happen. Rocket allready said he isn't going to punish a gamestyle.

[/quote']

Come back when you have learned to read.

"You did not get my point hero, I DONT want to PUNISH ANYONE, I want to make it more difficult AFTER KILLING SOMEONE, than just looting the body and getting away if nothing happend."

blood smell on a sniper yeah right.. the smell comes flying back the hundred meters..

of course zeds should magically appear in regions they never are because someone got killed.. silly

the thing is your punishment is already implemented.. shooting with zeds nearby can aggro them.. what else do you want.. why should some spawn if there where none before..

why should someone be additionally punished because he won a firefight?

if anything the looser should be punished (which he is with 1711)

this is a world of anarchy and the point is that there are no rules..

alot player apparently dont understand that this mod is not suppose to be fair.. never

Anarchy.. guess thats the point.

However loot spawn fix tonight!

I dont even get punished right away in the real world when I take people down with my sniper rifle.

What might be interesting for you would be the possibility to find out who killed a dead player you find. Then you could become the police ingame that you wish for.

But yeah, you should use the search function and go read or visit school or do stuff like sudoku for a week then learn to juggle then learn to write with the left hand and so on until your smarter. Then you wouldnt have such difficulty to understand that "negative cosequences by the environment" and "punishing a playstyle" are the same thing.

Wow you acitvated your 3 braincells!

or not. Some understand, some not.

Wow you acitvated your 3 braincells!

or not. Some understand' date=' some not.

[/quote']

was that directed at me?

How does this post relate to anything? Its pretty obvious that some DO not understand, but that might just as likely be you. More likely even seeing as multiple people in your thread told you the same thing (searchfunction) which is also in the "read before posting" - sticky, which also mentions not to make anymore threads about this very topic, because it wont be addressed by devs and has been addressed from every angle by players.

And heres the insult:

You read all this and will still not get this. Because you are of sub-standart intelligence.

Not sure if this is the line your thinking but I have a mechanic that would be very realistic.

Basically, when a person is killed, zombies are attracted by the terrible smell. probably like a 100-200m distance would wander towards the dead player and begin to feast on him. This way, if you needed to get the loot from this survivor you would first have to kill off the 20 zeds all gathered around him. Also having all these zombies starting to gather around the dead player would put the killer in great danger of getting seen, and having a whole horde after him.

this would be a wicked mechanic....

Not sure if this is the line your thinking but I have a mechanic that would be very realistic.

Basically' date=' when a person is killed, zombies are attracted by the terrible smell. probably like a 100-200m distance would wander towards the dead player and begin to feast on him. This way, if you needed to get the loot from this survivor you would first have to kill off the 20 zeds all gathered around him. Also having all these zombies starting to gather around the dead player would put the killer in great danger of getting seen, and having a whole horde after him.

this would be a wicked mechanic....

[/quote']

Like that, but it should not happen always. Maybe just a 5-10% chance. Thought it would add some sort of risky feeling if I choose to kill someone. Even more then currently.

I think, as soon as the "smell" the body, they shoud RUN there. Walking is too slow :D

No,

I would still shoot the player form afar, Wait for the zeds to start consuming him as they do in the animation, Then once they de-spawn I would loot the body.

Shooting players from far away is a part of the game, no problem for me at all.

Altough your scenario says that zeds "despawn". Since when zeds despawn? If they would, the body could also despawn.

you would shoot the new spawn? why he has a bandage and a melee weapon now. what do you gain from killing him. ohhhhh ur a bandit who plays the game just to kill players i forgot. You can always tell who plays the game to kill players and who plays the game to survive and explore with peoples post. nealry I think 90% of the players are bandits. If the bandits want to have a real trill or harden the game play up they should try playing a survivor. lol they will soon see that they will be dead in 20-30 mins. now there is a challenge for you, try and find players to play with. that is ultra hard mode. PVPing = easy mode.

I see good points and the same old stupid comments like its alpha. or in real life who is there so deal justice. or in real life there are no safe spots. well in real life there is safe spots and a community of people. people then contradict themselves saying this cant be in play becasuse its unrealistic or that cant go in the game because the game is not realistic. we know its alpha and we are all playing it and lucky to be playing it. people voice their opinions because they can and it is to help the alpha mod and game creators make the game so it suites everyone as well as holding the games integrity.

my spelling is shit.

If I see the new spawn I leave him. I pretty much leave anyone I see alone. If I see people camping in a bush or tower or in a sniper position just playing to kill players for the kill count. then your mine!!

Off topic from DaYz but...

I played Old School Ultima Online back in the 90s and it was the BEST MMORPG ever! Screw all that World of warcraft stuff. I loved UO because you were always Hunting Player Killers for bounties, Exploring Dungeons and almost getting killed by a whole gank squad of powerful Player killers looking for weak noobs to kill. I had some awesome battles and some great times because of the PKs...

Yes they were frustrating when they just totally steam rolled you and you lost all your gear and all your gold, but that's why you always traveled light with only the basics and after a few bad experiences you grew smart and you learned how to watch your own back. Then you get powerful and you get attacked by two PKs and you are able to kill them BOTH! suddenly you feel so accomplished! Player Killers forced you to make friends with people and you would look out for one another.

When Ultima Online took PKs out of the game it just was never the same... It was boring and everything was suddenly so care bear. People just soloed shit and everyone became anti-social because you no longer needed to band together...safty in numbers and all that. As a result dungeons that used to be only where the most brave and heavily geared would go were over populated with noob players looking for quick loot.

Things became super boring without that fear of PKs. No PKs lurking in the shadows, no random fireballs from Invisible players. When a Moongates used to Open up in the middle of a dungeon your heart would Jump...Suddenly three Red PKs with Demon pets com out all riding nightmare horses and start lighting the place up with spells and swords. You and your Buddies scatter like roaches and they own and kill you, but then you and you call your guild buddies in for back up and then its a all out Brawl! Even if you died and lost your stuff it was FUN...kept you on your toes and made you sleep with one eye open.

If DayZ started punishing Player Killers it would really take away from the game. I liked the Idea of DayZ because it seemed really hardcore and that what make the survival aspect so intense and difficult. A swarm of dumb Zombies are not that scary if your smart...a unknown player's Silhouette on the horizon gets your adrenaline pumping because Man has always been his own worst enemy

Currently' date=' 90% in PvP situation end in a gunfight, because everyone likes new stuff/food/whatever

But, if a "fresh" dead player body would attract (and spawn) ~ 10 zeds in 100-500m distance and forcing them to run for their fresh meal, you would think twice before killing other players.

What do you think?

EDIT:

I want to see a reaction from the environment against the killer (like aggroing zeds in cities) and it should also happen in non-urban areas.

So far we got some ideas:

-Zed rush(also in forests etc)

-Adrenaline rush/hyperactive bodyfunctions

-Blood smell on low humanity players/increased aggro on zeds http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13399

EDIT2:

[b']k4killer:

"Basically, when a person is killed, zombies are attracted by the terrible smell. probably like a 100-200m distance would wander towards the dead player and begin to feast on him. This way, if you needed to get the loot from this survivor you would first have to kill off the 20 zeds all gathered around him. Also having all these zombies starting to gather around the dead player would put the killer in great danger of getting seen, and having a whole horde after him."

This pretty much sums it up. Ty.

I support this idea, could be worked on and made into something which would help cut down griefing, and add another tense element to the game

Zombies are attracted to blood, there's no reason a downed player can't become instant zombie food.

However, given that most PvP situations never involve gear, just killing for points, I don't see this as curbing the actual PvP problem.

It's actually funny this was brought up because in a session today, I was unarmed and hiding from a guy with a rifle (he hadn't seen me). Long story short, he almost saw me and if he had, I was planning on sprinting across the street to a bunch of zeds for a reason similar to the 'harder to loot' thing.

However' date=' given that most PvP situations never involve gear, just killing for points, I don't see this as curbing the actual PvP problem.

[/quote']

Lol, really? I think players either kill for self defence/mistrust or because of the gear. Sure, there are some out there how want to enlarge their e-pen by pointless killing, but not "most".

enermax. nearly every time I have been killed its been for my winchester or makorov or shitty AK. and the guy shooting me 9-% of the times is a sniper. now what does a sniper want with my shitty weapons. nothing becasuse he doesn't even loot my body. I know this because I have run back to it many times and everything is still there

I had a character pushing his way through 40 hours towards the leaderboards and two days ago he was killed when I got complacent and my teammates let our guard down

the opportunist immediately ran to my corpse and started creaming over my gear (NVGs, rangers, DMR, mk48, coyote, GPS etc)

my friends gave him time to thank his lucky stars

and then they killed him and divvied up the loot

in fact, of the last couple dozen to try and assault my team, only a handful aggressors have gotten a kill and I can only think of three who were not cut down themselves

the world has ended; there ain't no CSI nor hollywood to dream them, no human rights nor legal system to defend them, no ten commandments nor sanhedrin to debate them

you wanna dream of justice?

I gonna eat your beans