Sign in to follow this  
OfficerRaymond

What settings?

Well, clearly this is a question about running DayZ. However, to your relief, it is not the usual "can my computer run this". I'm just wondering the best settings I could probably get max or close to max FPS on. I'm fresh to both PC gaming and 'high-end' desktops, as I'm getting my first gaming build in a few weeks.

Here are the specs:

-Intel Core i5 3350P(3.10GHz)

-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1GB

-8GB RAM

If anymore info is needed, then here is the setup itself:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16883227443

About what would you play this setup at? Everything Low? Medium? High? Very High?

Edited by OfficerRaymond

I would imagine you could run the game at high/very high settings. Your specs look good to me, at least. You could run most games on the market right now anywhere from medium to very high/ultra. A lot of people don't like playing at max settings though, because (to some) it doesn't change all that much and the performance is even better on medium/high if you can run it on very high. I would say 60+ FPS.

Run a program like fraps and observe how your fps behave. There is no one correct answer to your query unfortunetly. As Huntsman said, people report different fps on different settings low or high and it just seems to be all over the shop.

On my computer DayZ runs almost identically whatever settings I use. The only thing that gave me a bigger boost was creating a virtual drive with massive write speeds and installing DayZ on that.

Biggest tip Ive found for nVidia users is to open the nVidia Control Panel (from desktop), add the AO (or beta. dont matter) and turn-off vsync and Threaded Optimization .

Start-Up Parameters

-maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=4 (try 3 or perhaps 2 if you feel it'll help)

-exThreads=5 (or 7. Mostly I leave this options out and let Arma 2 decide)

-malloc=<string> I have been messing around with the different ones and (for my system/config setup) it does make a difference.

turn off Postprocess effects.

I use 3/4~max visibilty with texture, terrian, objects, shadows and HDR turned to high. AA&AASF to either normal or low. Though most are now saying not-to I use 114% 3D resolution with 100% Interface resolution. I use a 240GT, 6gig of DDR3 and a trip-core AM3 (ssd maindrive with OS on it helps<mega)

• Like 1