Sign in to follow this  
michaelshirra@hotmail.co.uk

Combined Operations + DayZ Commander

Ok, so I installed Arma 2, ran it, then downloaded OA and since I previously had it on steam (uninstalled), and deleted all folders i got the message "do you want to re-install" I installed and when I launched the game it just goes into arma 2 even though it says "arma 2 oa" when I mouse over the desktop icon. After installing the icon I get is combined operations, which is confusing DayZ commander, Arma 2 0a has installed itself within the arma 2 folder, so I tried overriding my directory to the same folder to update OA, it says arma 2 oa is not installed, i tried patching manually, also said arma 2 is not installed. I'm at a complete loss as to what is going wrong. Please help.

so you have a retail version of arma2 and a steam version of oa

Yea but I randomly got a Global Ban on my steam version, I read that people have been getting key's stolen so I guess this happened to me. I have since installed arma OA in a seperate folder and tried changing Six's and Commanders path locations to the folder and both still refuse to recognise OA is there.

yeah it reads the locations from the registry, what version of oa are you using atm

I've reinstalled OA a couple of times and after each time it finishes it says "this version of ArmA 2 (1.60) is more recent than the previous (1.59)" or something, basically i'm installing a newer version, yet its still not the most recent version?

yeah it reads the locations from the registry, what version of oa are you using atm

i meant steam/retail/gog

Edited by AmberHelios

Every time I uninstall then re-install it keeps saying "Arma 2 OA already installed. would you like to reinstall game?" but I don't have it installed, what is causing this? I uninstalled and restarted once and still got this message.

i meant steam/retail/gog

I haven't got my steam version installed, I uninstalled it like 5 months ago, then reinstalled a month ago but unstalled it again. I've deleted all OA files within steam. and the retail version I have is 1.59.

did you uninstall it from steam as well or just delete the folders

at this point i would start from the beginning uninstall everything arma oa and arma delete all the folders left over including the one in %APPDATA% and remove the registry entries

install arma2 run the game to the main menus running as admin and patch it to version 1.11

install arma 2 oa run the game to the main menus running as admin and patch it to version 1.62

run both games to the main menus as admin again

use playwith6/dayzcommander to install dayz and beta patches

I uninstalled it from steam over a month ago.

I'll give that a try, but it keeps trying to install OA within the Arma 2 folder instead of its own folder, and once it has installed I get a Combined Operations icon and for some reason nothing can find my Arma 2 OA game even though its blatantly there, I've tried manually patching like I said with no success. Is this supposed to happen?

what i think the issue is. is that steam left the paths in the registry to your steam version so it is looking there for it even with override afaik they install into the same folder on retail but you should be able to change the install paths as you see fit in the installer wizard

did you uninstall it from steam as well or just delete the folders

at this point i would start from the beginning uninstall everything arma oa and arma delete all the folders left over including the one in %APPDATA% and remove the registry entries

install arma2 run the game to the main menus running as admin and patch it to version 1.11

install arma 2 oa run the game to the main menus running as admin and patch it to version 1.62

run both games to the main menus as admin again

use playwith6/dayzcommander to install dayz and beta patches

Searched for %APPDATA% can't find it

windows vista/7/8 its a hidden folder in your users

path should be this

C:\Users\PUTYOURUSERHERE\AppData\Local

there should be arma folders in there

windows vista/7/8 its a hidden folder in your users

path should be this

C:\Users\PUTYOURUSERHERE\AppData\Local

there should be arma folders in there

Cheers, I found a single Arma 2 folder, deleted that, I've checked and rechecked steamapps folder in my C drive to make sure folders there are gona, I've deleted all Bohemia folders I can find. I'll redownload Arma 2 tomorrow and give it one last try. If not then I've watsed 16 quid lol.