Sign in to follow this  
dzuari

Storefronts

Hello there

I believe the issue is that the game always comes down to the lowest common denominator.

To create a thing takes real and time/effort/cooperation etc.

To destroy a thing is just too easy.

So, to repair a car takes ammo/food/meds/time whilst scavenging for the "rare" parts but all this can be destroyed in seconds by one player.

OK, perhaps a key part of DAYZ one might argue, but to set up a proper community/township/trading station on a public server would take a heck of alot more work and would be easily scuppered by a couple of griefers because death is no real issue/punishment.

For eg So, you get a lock on your store? Fine, I'll blast the door off. I don't care about the building I just want the leet loot. If I die in the process I can just come back and slowly wear down any systems you have in place.

Until the mod can effect some kind of way of deterring loutish behaviour it will be the norm in a sandboxy environ.

I have little faith in people btw :)

Rgds

L

Buy server, set passwords, give to only trusted players, sell / trade items. Shop has a reputation.

If someone does the nasty, read logs and ban feckers.

Sorted, no killings, just you on a server with selected mates.

Expensive but it works.

The problem then is how do you defends your assets? In real life you'd wake up and start shooting but you never know when someone is going through your stuff in dayz when you are logged off.

A safe?

I've visited a successful trading post. Granted, every morning they had to clear the squatters out.

They had very specific instructions for approaching and moving about the trading post. Failure to comply resulted in being brained.

Over ten people manned the defenses of this trading post, and most visitors gladly helped in defending the place. I exchanged NVGs for a DMR.

• Like 1

I do think base building should have a place in dayz. Main problem is having a way for it to be vulnerable but no a "this isn't going to be here when you log back on" kind of vulnerable

Buy server, set passwords, give to only trusted players, sell / trade items. Shop has a reputation.

If someone does the nasty, read logs and ban feckers.

Sorted, no killings, just you on a server with selected mates.

Expensive but it works.

If your connection is any good you can host your own server... I've played with people who do that and could support about 20 people. Though, like anything in the mod there is little things to do. Loot, find a good weapon and maybe a vehicle... and that's it. I guess try to have the highest zombie kill count? Other than that, engaging other players is sadly the only thing left to do and pretty much why it's just a deathmatch game.

Anyways.....Cherno being a greenzone?

not sure if possible.

The magic of Whitelisted server!

But on the Public side, it impossible to do. You cant leave the shop alone since every one would rob it..

soo you need a car/truck to put all your stuff in and move went you log off...

That would make shop unless since you can come and go and set ''trade point'' any time, anywhere.

Edited by Soarin'

btw i was talking about open servers not whitelisted etc.

If your connection is any good you can host your own server... I've played with people who do that and could support about 20 people. Though, like anything in the mod there is little things to do.

Hmmm, brain working, add ability to build bases, safe ammount of vehicles and you have a great safe place to work. You could open it up now and again for a battle or 3.

I would love some sort of base building and judging by rocket's comments he got ideas (mainly underground and use instances). I like the original idea but as lots of people have said how can you secure something, when not online, I liked very ape's post about visiting a trading post on a server follow there rules and it would work out fine for both parties.

I am all for the realism of the game so i`ll be interested to see what rocket has planned depending on the success of SA, The idea of underground bases which i mentioned in my post in this forum other week, which lots of people have mentioned before me. It allows rocket to instance away from the server so it much less demand on the main server map and gives people freedom to create a base for them and mates an get some community built up.

I cannot see how an actual shop would work on the main map, its just to open exploit unless you have the man power in your clan/guild whatever you call it to protect it. I also don`t want AI or safe zones, nothing should be safe everything has risk it makes the game what it is HARSH and totally like nothing I have played before!!