Sign in to follow this  
major j.

Some sugguestions for Standalone

As follow more and more into the interviews with dean hall and the stand alone news on dev i wish to put down some compelling sugguestions for standalone.

1. Caching, insurgents do it all the time but its been used in the military since the very begining. This is how it could work have a container to put supplies in, dig a hole, camo the area (mark on gps).

2. The biggest one are clans going to be able to wear different items to make them unique? At 21B we have gotten into the habbit of using soldier clothing to destinguish the clan as being a military organisation dedicated to helping players, could we perhaps be able to have multi cam/mopp 4 gear?

3. Item repairing, now i put a post a few weeks ago about the idea of a cleaning kit for weapons, im sure there are many players out there that want to make sure their weapons last. A cleaning kit/oil/parts would be of great help to players maintaining weapons bearing in mind that the lee enfield/ak familiy of rifles will be able to cope with the damage more so then the m16 family and 50 cal sniper rifle family of weapons. Could even be intergrated the same way food and water is through the game.

4. Could we introduce claymores? This is nearly the same as mines being introduced in a post made here but claymores are different because you can place them in choke points to channel the zeds into a killground and aids aswell for anti bandit operations. Could work as a satchel charge just with the explosive being channeled in an arc of fire front rather than the whole area?

5. Underground base construction vs Normal Construction? We have all read the recent interviews lately with dean hall stating that underground bases would be developed later on a year thats understandable, however this leaves clans and groups now in limbo until then as i have not heard a plan put forward about bases. If we could construct bases what would we need? could we lock them? will they be prone to horde attacks (being that at a given time a horde will attack a particular area similar to an npc mission on wasteland).

6. Finally i think that the dayz team is doing an above and beyond job many people at our clan thinks so and we completely support the time you have taken to make this game a great game we appreciate it we really do!

• Like 3

good ideas but im just happy that we will be able to get into " every " one of the buildings for the standalone... I'm guessing it will be available around april thats my guess

i hope this post does attract some attention but its good to hear the positive feedback from the regulars :) Ofcourse in the end its the difficulty implementing these ideas that will make them become a reality or not.