Sign in to follow this  
Mullraugh

Vehicle Customization -DayZ Standalone-

There's not many ideas that I have, but here they are.

BUS: Having custom messages play on the screens that tell you where the bus is going. For example, "SURVIVORS" could be written, and the bus would play that on the route screens.

OTHER VEHICLES: Cages on the windows. The newest update to DayZ made it so zombies can break your windows and damage your car. Upgrading your vehicle to have wire mesh, or cages behind the windows might help...

SHOOTING FROM VEHICLES: Once in a blue moon you get the opportunity to have a car chase with a rival player. It's fun, but it's really just a bumper car match to destroy the opponents vehicle. However, smashing out your windows, whipping out an AK-74 and raining hell upon your opponent would be a lot cooler. Same goes with helicopters such as the littlebird, what if your passengers could shoot from the sides?

• Like 2

These ideas would make a lot of sense and actually, I have heard you could be able to add components on vehicles such as a tarp to keep it hidden so I wouldn't be surprised you could add some upgrades but the problem with that would be more weight being added to the vehicle making it run harder which could cause possible overheating and more gas consumed if those were major factors.

Shooting out of the car was already addressed by Rocket, I have a quote here..

During the Expo for Day-Z, Rocket did a Q&A and one of them was about shooting out the car.

Q(Audience Member): Playing through a large group of players and there's always a question that comes up through all of us is when were in vehicles like for instance when we found another group of people with vehicles and we get into a nice car chase and a time that it really ends is that someone screws up like crashing into a tree or a blockade but in the Standalone are you looking into implement shooting from vehicles like you're a driver sticking a pistol out the window or a friend going through the sunroof. Are you thinking of implementing things like that?

A(Dean Hall; Rocket): Well I know with ArMA 2 there has been some community made mods and this is one of the -- Ordinary thing of ArMA 2 is that they have all these fantastic mods of which DayZ is just a small part. One of the mods shooting from vehicles; there are some real technical issues with it and I can't remember whether it was ever on the ArmA 3 list -- I'm not sure, I'll have to look at the press releases on that but it's not on the list of things to do at the moment but I think we want to look at vehicles a lot that'd require some code time to do it but it's definitely not on the list of things for the initial release. We just have to be realistic like the hacking and the duping. If we don't fix that, it doesn't matter how many awesome stuff we can put in. I think this is something we should look at once we fix the basic problems because I see vehicles at least until we get this uber player construction that we want done. The vehicles will be in-game content. Until we get that end there won't be best things that we want.

Source:

OTHER VEHICLES: Cages on the windows. The newest update to DayZ made it so zombies can break your windows and damage your car. Upgrading your vehicle to have wire mesh, or cages behind the windows might help...

like it, this would go hand in hand with the windshield suggestion i made the other day

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/119910-a-use-for-windshields/

I like the idea about the bus destination/route board. But I don't think the old buses here would have electronic signs like most modern ones (hell here in Hawaii we still had more than a few of the old style plastic plate with a light behind it as recently as 10 years ago) Maybe if they 'automaticly' change depending on what road your on (heading to electro on the coast road from cherno it'll have elctro's full name in crylic) or when you customize a bus you have the option of spraypainting a message on the lightboard (NW Airfield, Partybus, Bandit Mobil, whatever you want long as it 'fits' and you have the paint.)

I still have no idea what time period DayZ is set in. I always thought it was the 60s, but I've seen a bunch of advertisements where there's dates like 1980 and stuff.

Seriously? the 60s? The Humvees alone put tit in at least the late 80s, AK-74 (1974), ect ect, id say its more in the 2010s or possibly later, (From my understanding were several months to years after the outbreak)

I still have no idea what time period DayZ is set in. I always thought it was the 60s, but I've seen a bunch of advertisements where there's dates like 1980 and stuff.

It actually takes place around September or October of 2009 actually. It's in the game description :) it's also related to Utes(an island)

Yeah I knew it was a later date than the 60s, it just felt like it because all the houses and stuff look like that era.

There's not many ideas that I have, but here they are.

BUS: Having custom messages play on the screens that tell you where the bus is going. For example, "SURVIVORS" could be written, and the bus would play that on the route screens.

SHOOTING FROM VEHICLES: Once in a blue moon you get the opportunity to have a car chase with a rival player. It's fun, but it's really just a bumper car match to destroy the opponents vehicle. However, smashing out your windows, whipping out an AK-74 and raining hell upon your opponent would be a lot cooler. Same goes with helicopters such as the littlebird, what if your passengers could shoot from the sides?

Fix an M60 on the top of a betty van and your set for life.