Sign in to follow this  
Rilkar

Help cant play anymoe lag

So recently i installed new antivirus and a new firewall but now when i play my game randomly freezes and lags really bad, so i cant even play and when i disable them and close them in taskmanager it doesn't even get rid of this issue.

Trouble goes in Troubleshooting.

Do you not realise that you have to give some information ?

Moved.

Trouble goes in Troubleshooting.

Do you not realise that you have to give some information ?

Moved.

like what info

Which firewall, and which antivirus? Include the name and the version.

Its possible that disabling the AV or the firewall isn't entirely stopping them. Killing the process is not likely to be a good approach, as both should have protections against that built in by design. If they didn't, a malware author would find it very easy to circumvent the protection by simply killing the appropriate process.

Often times with firewalls you need to use a gaming mode, or open the ports used by the game.

I'd suggest reading the user manual for both packages, particularly any sections about gaming. Then google the ports needed by Dayz to work. Unfortunately, I don't know what they are.

Hopefully this post might point you in the right direction.

AC

Which firewall, and which antivirus? Include the name and the version.

Its possible that disabling the AV or the firewall isn't entirely stopping them. Killing the process is not likely to be a good approach, as both should have protections against that built in by design. If they didn't, a malware author would find it very easy to circumvent the protection by simply killing the appropriate process.

Often times with firewalls you need to use a gaming mode, or open the ports used by the game.

I'd suggest reading the user manual for both packages, particularly any sections about gaming. Then google the ports needed by Dayz to work. Unfortunately, I don't know what they are.

Hopefully this post might point you in the right direction.

AC

I've done bot of these and i disabled them on start up so they wont be in process

virus protection takes up cpu which will slow your game down. in your case, you must disable this when you are playing

Edited by Snowboarder