Sign in to follow this  
Cap'n (DayZ)

Eastern European firearms?

I'm pretty new to the whole DayZ thing, but from what I understand, the vast majority of weapons are not from Eastern Europe. Since Chernarus is a fictional Eastern European nation, then why not have weapons from Eastern Europe? You could replace the M107 and the AS50 with the KSVK, a gun from vanilla ARMA. Why not get rid of the Lee Enfield and supplement it with the glorious Mosin Nagant? There are plenty of counterparts for the Western weapons in the game, and I don't understand why it can't be implemented. There are plenty of addon packs at Armaholic that the devs could source weapons from. I want to run around with a worn down Czech UK59 MMG, not some shiny new MK48 with a fancy red dot sight.

• Like 1

This will probably be the case in the standalone, but for now we have to deal with mostly NATO guns.

I'm pretty sure he is going to add in the Mosin Nagant and have plenty of attachments for it.

I agree. Some NATO weapons or w/e you call them may stay, as they are in every corner of the world. but since as it is in "russia" i'd love to see more weapons from the same side of the earth.

P.S: Chernarus isnt fictional at all, you can use the ingame map as a map for the real place. even thought the scale isnt completely accurate.

P.Sx2: you know the red building at Stary Sobor? the big metal plate one? its a copy of a abondened building somewhere on this earth...

• Like 2

I agree. Some NATO weapons or w/e you call them may stay, as they are in every corner of the world. but since as it is in "russia" i'd love to see more weapons from the same side of the earth.

P.S: Chernarus isnt fictional at all, you can use the ingame map as a map for the real place. even thought the scale isnt completely accurate.

P.Sx2: you know the red building at Stary Sobor? the big metal plate one? its a copy of a abondened building somewhere on this earth...

I did know that Chernarus was based off of satelitte images of the Czech Republic, but I had no idea they actually copied real buildings. Its amazing how much detail the people who developed the map put into it. But on topic, I think it was a good decsion to add the Sa.58 rifles(I'm Merican', and here we call it the Vz.58 :P), since Chernarus IS based off of Czech Republic. If they could replace some of the higher tier AR's with the guns from the ACR DLC pack for Arma 2, like the CZ 705 Bren and the Skorpian, I'd be tickled to death with happiness :)

As you might not understand, DayZ takes place in Chernarus. A location where NATO(a US Force) and Russian Federation Army fought against eachother. So there'll be a chance you'll find American/Russian weaponry around the area. Being a mod doesn't change the whole game of what it is, that's what the Standalone is for.

It's part of ArMA 2.

Also, there will be more civilian weapons. For the civilians possibly being locals of the country, we could see more 'at home' weaponry.

Edited by TIC321

As you might not understand, DayZ takes place in Chernarus. A location where NATO(a US Force) and Russian Federation Army fought against eachother. So there'll be a chance you'll find American/Russian weaponry around the area. Being a mod doesn't change the whole game of what it is, that's what the Standalone is for.

It's part of ArMA 2.

Also, there will be more civilian weapons. For the civilians possibly being locals of the country, we could see more 'at home' weaponry.

Yeah, I can see why. I know(roughly) the background of Chernarus, and I can understand having more civillan weapons in the game. Personally,the only gun I ever come across is the CZ550. One time I was in Kamenka, and I passed six barns. Every single one had a CZ with ammo. It was freaky.

Yeah, I can see why. I know(roughly) the background of Chernarus, and I can understand having more civillan weapons in the game. Personally,the only gun I ever come across is the CZ550. One time I was in Kamenka, and I passed six barns. Every single one had a CZ with ammo. It was freaky.

Head for Balota. You're pretty much garunteed an AK.