dave.mcdaniel04@gmail.com

No DayZ for 8 months, few quick Q's

Hi All,

I haven't played DayZ in several months and I really miss the good ol' days. I'm just curious if 50%+ of players in public servers have AS50 Thermals or other duped/hacked one-shot one-kill weapons?

I'm assuming de-sync is still an issue, as well as the occasional scripter, but what really killed the game for me was the huge influx of OP weapons due to duping. If this is better on the public hive I'd be inclined to reinstall and give the game another shot.

If this is still an issue, how do you guys get around it? I hate the idea of having to limit myself to playing on a single server to stay off of the main hive.

Cheers!

-MisterFister

Edited by MisterFister

The main hive is still, well, the main hive. Most of the duping exploits have been taken care of but (although I haven't seen one myself for a long time now) there are still cheaters around.

I'm not sure what you don't like about playing on a single server though, it makes a lot of other exploits (server hopping, ghosting etc.) impossible and IMO actually improves the overall experience.

Instead of playing the main hive, I'd suggest trying private servers.

* Many servers have taken both the "AS50 and L85 Thermal" out of the game.

* Private servers also give the admins an ability to combat hacking, while on the main hive its just guessing.

My personal suggestion, would try out the bill may servers.

* http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/83535-private-hive-billy-mays-remembrance-foundation-automatic-whitelistnew-weaponsactive-admins/

Their site

* http://bmrf.me/

Hey fister, long time no see

Anyways the duping is still here.

I haven't seen a thermal in months. I think they got wiped but dont know for sure. I remember when I got back into dayz a few months back I loaded up and my character (with the as50 thermal) was wiped and I had to start all over. No big deal. Had some fun

Edited by WooTs

The main hive is still, well, the main hive. Most of the duping exploits have been taken care of but (although I haven't seen one myself for a long time now) there are still cheaters around.

I'm not sure what you don't like about playing on a single server though, it makes a lot of other exploits (server hopping, ghosting etc.) impossible and IMO actually improves the overall experience.

My biggest concern with dedicating too much to one server is that if a scripter joins it, I'm forced to either start over on another private hive or just logoff and wait for them to get bored and go elsewhere.

Things might have changed in the last 7-8 months, but when I left scripting was so rampant that dedicating myself to one server seemed silly. At least to me.

My biggest concern with dedicating too much to one server is that if a scripter joins it, I'm forced to either start over on another private hive or just logoff and wait for them to get bored and go elsewhere.

Things might have changed in the last 7-8 months, but when I left scripting was so rampant that dedicating myself to one server seemed silly. At least to me.

Thus, you need an active admin of which can check the logs for scripters/hackers.

* Something that is not possible on the official hive.

Trust me dude, I was playing back when the hackers where rampant as-well.

* Never bothered to go north on chernarus, because I was getting killed by a hacker three times a day.

Instead of playing the main hive, I'd suggest trying private servers.

* Many servers have taken both the "AS50 and L85 Thermal" out of the game.

* Private servers also give the admins an ability to combat hacking, while on the main hive its just guessing.

My personal suggestion, would try out the bill may servers.

* http://dayzmod.com/f...sactive-admins/

Their site

* http://bmrf.me/

Thanks! I'll check em out.

Hey fister, long time no see

Anyways the duping is still here.

I haven't seen a thermal in months. I think they got wiped but dont know for sure. I remember when I got back into dayz a few months back I loaded up and my character (with the as50 thermal) was wiped and I had to start all over. No big deal. Had some fun

So duping is still happening, eh? I would think that everyone would have some pretty sick gear then. But if thermal AS50's are removed, I suppose I could deal with it.

Edit: Oh, and Hi again! :)

Edited by MisterFister

Thus, you need an active admin of which can check the logs for scripters/hackers.

* Something that is not possible on the official hive.

Trust me dude, I was playing back when the hackers where rampant as-well.

* Never bothered to go north on chernarus, because I was getting killed by a hacker three times a day.

Yep, I'm assuming that most of the people who are playing DayZ now also played back in the dark ages as well. Didn't mean to imply that you didn't struggle through it like the rest of us.

Like I said, I'll check out the private hive you recommended. Maybe tonight even. I'm a bit nervous...

Somene hold me?

So duping is still happening, eh? I would think that everyone would have some pretty sick gear then. But if thermal AS50's are removed, I suppose I could deal with it.

Edit: Oh, and Hi again! :)

The only way to combat, duping is to report it to the admins.

* On one of the servers I played, I was able to find a camp filled with duped weapons and the admin addressed the situation by looking into the overall issue and banning those responsible.

The real problem is cheaters. They are pretty common now. I was just on a server w/ side chat enabled and everyone was comparing clients and cheats and scripts. I called them scrubs and I was knocked unconscious lolol.

I guess being unconscious for an hour is worse than just getting killed

• Like 1

Somene hold me?

Ask "WooTs", his avatar looks friendly...

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 1

It's much better to play on the private hives. I have been playing on them for 3 weeks now and only come across 1 hacker who was swiftly dealt with.

The best thing about a private hive with active admins is they can roll the server back if it gets hacked. Essentially making it like the hack never happened. This leads to hackers avoiding such servers since their efforts are futile.