Sign in to follow this  
Zoop

Can I please get some clarification on where I should go to be in the loop?

I'm always stuck relying on other people for important things like like the new server.pbo etc, because nobody has told me where to get those things.

It is getting really frustrating to keep a server up to date if you never have download links for the files the devs tell you to upgrade.

In the past, people have told me that there is a dedicated server hosts section on this forum as well as a google group for us. I've PMed and emailed numerous times to request access to the forum section, to no avail. Then I tried getting access to the google group. I've PMed Ander and received no response. I've also requested membership to the group directly, following their application guidelines, but I'm still waiting.

As of now, I am completely unable to upgrade my server to 1.7.1.1. Can someone please tell me what I have to do to get access to these files that I need? This is the fourth time that I am stuck without access to files necessary to run the server.

Quite honestly, I no longer even feel like running this server, because it is always so painful getting information on these upgrades. I am tired of having to beg and plead other people or the devs for information regarding new patches or important files.

Also, could I beg someone to please send me the dayz_server file? While this whole thing is getting sorted it would be nice to at least have my server upgraded away from the extremely buggy 17.1.

And now I find out there is a new mission file I was supposed to download. That I didn't even know about.

Great.

Why is developer/server host communication so absolutely shit?

of course the reason they dont hand such things out willy nilly is supposedly hackers or other modders getting thier hands on the server files. good luck with that btw. Im surprised your not on the list already o.o

You need to be in the google group.

Im not in the group either but the other admin of our servers is.

Contact Ander via IRC, I made the mistake to write EMails and PM but if you catch him on IRC its a matter of seconds to be inivted to the google group.

Greetz

I just wish there would be a definitive guide for server hosts on where to go after starting up a server. I had to find out about the forum section and google group from other people. It was never communicated to me by anyone.

As it stands now, Dev to server host communication is sorely lacking. I feel like every time a new update comes out, I'm chucked right back into the darkness again.

Post here most have no issue helping out others.

For the upcoming update you need the server.pbo (usually mentioned in the release thread).

If you need a mission file IRC or the google group will point you towards it.

Contact Ander via IRC' date=' I made the mistake to write EMails and PM but if you catch him on IRC its a matter of seconds to be inivted to the google group.

Greetz

[/quote']

What time is he usually active on IRC? :p

I agree as a new server host its really hard to find information when you want to stay compliant. I tried joining the google group and provided all my server info but was told it was going away so I wasn't added to it.