{GBYC} EvilBunny

GREAT SERVER, BALANCED, FRIENDLY, TRY US --> Devils Castle Will Fall | DayZ 1.7.6.1 | [GBYC] - New Abandoned Cities | Alt Loot Tables | Sidechat on

Server Changes  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Day&Night Changes with Streetlights

• Keep current setup 1.5Hrs night 6.5Hrs day every restart
    • Use setup of 3Hrs night and 5Hrs day every restart but add streetlights
    • Extend Night but dont add streetlighting.

There is noone at the server, where is everyone?

Btw i got some things that I think should be nerfed.

- Chopper spawns. Or maybe at least do so you every chopper every 7 days. Everytime it restarts you just find a new chopper to fly and it removes the "OH FUCK I FOUND A HELI!" feeling

- Loot. Far too easy to find good loot very fast. Maybe its just me, but i like to work for my gear.

You don't need to change these things, but this is just my opinion :-)

you should check back on friday, there are usually a good few on

you should check back on friday, there are usually a good few on

should be pretty busy friday dude... we have been pretty slammed with work atm :(

will pick up again soon

also its self perpetuating guys .. if one of you joins then regulars are more likely to pop on even if its just to say hi. then it looks like theres 3 ppl on so more join then 5,6,7,8,9, etc and it builds itself... so its worth loggin if ur a regular... we are more likely to log if we see people online and we have a few mins.. when we get a few mins tho and look and its empty.. its a no go... but lets all try n keep the server busy ppl... we were beginning to win with the numbers game... dont forget event this friday... :P cyas all there.

Btw i got some things that I think should be nerfed.

- Chopper spawns. Or maybe at least do so you every chopper every 7 days. Everytime it restarts you just find a new chopper to fly and it removes the "OH FUCK I FOUND A HELI!" feeling

I mostly disagree, but certainly see your point. I love the fact that hueys spawn each restart. It makes it easy to find one, but they disappear quickly. You can use them while they last, but you can't use them for storage, and you can't hoard them. When there are people on, it becomes a tense decision, as you know people will be racing to the spawn locations, or even camping them. Ideally more server population makes the issue balanced, I think. When you, Grim, and I were the only ones on, we were flying and picking up hueys, looting all the hot spots and talking on side chat most of the time. If there were more people on, we would have been dying if we tried any of that. And, even as it was, it was fun. Dying wouldn't have been so bad, either. :-)

I've been on many servers, as I am guessing many of us have, and what happens in my experience, particularly on higher pop servers, is that helis get cached away in the debug forest/plains, or in bases (i.e. hoarded) by the admins or "donators" and forget that "ooh I found a heli" feeling, because it never happens, OR you have to steal one, in which case the admins and/or their friends will use tools to locate and kick/ban you. I get frustrated by that, personally, even though I don't have to be flying everywhere, and don't mind running from one end of the map to the other. Other players should get to fly, even if it is to fly a heli right into a hangar (*cough* *snicker*). It's fun.

These guys (admins, clans, players) are not like that. This server is awesome.

- Loot. Far too easy to find good loot very fast. Maybe its just me, but i like to work for my gear.

You don't need to change these things, but this is just my opinion :-)

I think I agree with this one. I definitely like to work for my gear - it makes it more valuable and gives meaning to the beginning. That said, very minor issue for me. The fact that the admin/owner and players on this server are fair, mature, and funny (the event banter was hilarious) is the huge issue for me.

By the way Anton, if you can, make the event. I was only on for part of it since I lost my connection mid-way through, but it was a blast.

How many people participated? I never looked at team 1, but I think we had 7 on team 2.

About the event, I was brilliant, as usual (he says, sarcastically). I made decisions such as "oh, a g36K. I never used one of those before, I think it's a great idea to try it NOW." Which resulted in me shooting at (I think it was) Jake across a field, oh ... 12 to eleventy-billion times without a single hit. WORST.SHOOTING.EVAR! He killed me, and deservedly so. I swear I would have done better with a makarov in that particular case. That said, the L85s worked just fine, and I did get to kill Unit in my first and second runs up to the castle.

Oh, so an event question - what the fuck was the objective? I asked my team ... the answer "kill them, don't die." Which was quite amusing - but I went to the tower, killed a few, died, went again, killed a few, got in, camped up on the stairs and killed as many as tried to enter before they got me. I got the feeling later that camping in the tower was frowned upon, but I honestly had no idea what we were supposed to be doing. I thought we were trying to hold the tower. Not a big deal either way, because I had a lot of fun, even after I stopped trying my stealthy approaches (which resulted in many more kills than deaths) and starting rushing in headlong because I thought that was the idea (which resulted in many deaths and no kills).

Who did Will kill at our spawn? Whoever it was, the argument between you guys was hysterical. Was Will the rogue helicopter pilot, too?

I got a headset with mic on order, so next time I can join in the profanity. Seriously though, that was maybe the most fun I've had on DayZ as of yet. Oh, one more question; GMT +0 2100 is 1700 my time, but the event started at 4pm (1600) my time. What gives you limey bastards?

I'll echo what EB said about self-perpetuating the server population. I am also guilty of checking into the server, and if there are few people on, trying a more populated server. I'll try harder to stick on this one for a bit.

Two more questions: 1 - Got an M107 from a heli crash. Are those generally not available on this server? If so, I'll dump it. It's too damn loud anyway. 2 - It appears that I still have the clan skin from the event (soldier skin with helmet). I had a ghillie beforehand, and I didn't have civilians clothes to change, so I suppose that is lost. No biggie. I do, however, have a camo skin but saw in earlier posts that you remove those through scripts. That was a couple of months ago, though. Can I use the camo skin?

EB - thanks for all the work you do on this server.

Two more questions: 1 - Got an M107 from a heli crash. Are those generally not available on this server? If so, I'll dump it. It's too damn loud anyway. 2 - It appears that I still have the clan skin from the event (soldier skin with helmet). I had a ghillie beforehand, and I didn't have civilians clothes to change, so I suppose that is lost. No biggie. I do, however, have a camo skin but saw in earlier posts that you remove those through scripts. That was a couple of months ago, though. Can I use the camo skin?

the m107 is in the loot table, the camo skin will stay with you till next event,

I mostly disagree, but certainly see your point. I love the fact that hueys spawn each restart. It makes it easy to find one, but they disappear quickly. You can use them while they last, but you can't use them for storage, and you can't hoard them. When there are people on, it becomes a tense decision, as you know people will be racing to the spawn locations, or even camping them. Ideally more server population makes the issue balanced, I think. When you, Grim, and I were the only ones on, we were flying and picking up hueys, looting all the hot spots and talking on side chat most of the time. If there were more people on, we would have been dying if we tried any of that. And, even as it was, it was fun. Dying wouldn't have been so bad, either. :-)

I've been on many servers, as I am guessing many of us have, and what happens in my experience, particularly on higher pop servers, is that helis get cached away in the debug forest/plains, or in bases (i.e. hoarded) by the admins or "donators" and forget that "ooh I found a heli" feeling, because it never happens, OR you have to steal one, in which case the admins and/or their friends will use tools to locate and kick/ban you. I get frustrated by that, personally, even though I don't have to be flying everywhere, and don't mind running from one end of the map to the other. Other players should get to fly, even if it is to fly a heli right into a hangar (*cough* *snicker*). It's fun.

These guys (admins, clans, players) are not like that. This server is awesome.

I think I agree with this one. I definitely like to work for my gear - it makes it more valuable and gives meaning to the beginning. That said, very minor issue for me. The fact that the admin/owner and players on this server are fair, mature, and funny (the event banter was hilarious) is the huge issue for me.

By the way Anton, if you can, make the event. I was only on for part of it since I lost my connection mid-way through, but it was a blast.

How many people participated? I never looked at team 1, but I think we had 7 on team 2.

About the event, I was brilliant, as usual (he says, sarcastically). I made decisions such as "oh, a g36K. I never used one of those before, I think it's a great idea to try it NOW." Which resulted in me shooting at (I think it was) Jake across a field, oh ... 12 to eleventy-billion times without a single hit. WORST.SHOOTING.EVAR! He killed me, and deservedly so. I swear I would have done better with a makarov in that particular case. That said, the L85s worked just fine, and I did get to kill Unit in my first and second runs up to the castle.

Oh, so an event question - what the fuck was the objective? I asked my team ... the answer "kill them, don't die." Which was quite amusing - but I went to the tower, killed a few, died, went again, killed a few, got in, camped up on the stairs and killed as many as tried to enter before they got me. I got the feeling later that camping in the tower was frowned upon, but I honestly had no idea what we were supposed to be doing. I thought we were trying to hold the tower. Not a big deal either way, because I had a lot of fun, even after I stopped trying my stealthy approaches (which resulted in many more kills than deaths) and starting rushing in headlong because I thought that was the idea (which resulted in many deaths and no kills).

Who did Will kill at our spawn? Whoever it was, the argument between you guys was hysterical. Was Will the rogue helicopter pilot, too?

I got a headset with mic on order, so next time I can join in the profanity. Seriously though, that was maybe the most fun I've had on DayZ as of yet. Oh, one more question; GMT +0 2100 is 1700 my time, but the event started at 4pm (1600) my time. What gives you limey bastards?

I'll echo what EB said about self-perpetuating the server population. I am also guilty of checking into the server, and if there are few people on, trying a more populated server. I'll try harder to stick on this one for a bit.

EB - thanks for all the work you do on this server.

DAMN DUDE THIS IS ONE HELL OF A POST!!!!

thanks for taking the time it is much appreciated...

as for the 21:00GMT+0 issue you mentioned depends how you did your conversion mate... we are on daylight saving time now which moves the forward and hour :) so that probably explains that....

event - the devils castle event is being repeated alot at the moment while i try and recode the skalisty island event (which fingers crossed should work by next friday). which has definate goal of cap the lighthouse and because of the fact its an island it makes for interesting stratergies lol

also me n turbo are pretty busy atm workwise which is having an impact on the time we can play on server ourselves :(

shame but work is whats paying for the server ultimately so have to do that first...

M107s and AS50s were out however when we removed rmod it re corrected the heliloot changes i had done :( so now they are bak...

I really apprecite the time it must have taken you and alll of the above posts to reply on the forum that is how we keep the server where people want it.

once i get a difinitive ans on the day/night/steetlight poll i wil upload a lower loot spawns poll see how people take the idea lol :P

as for skins...i have to replace them manually if you had one and lost it... (this bit isnt aimed at you - just eplains how i stop people askign for stuff they didnt have) i check the databse make sure the person asking actually had said skin item w/e before the evnt then bring that character back and kill their curent... or just swap gears... depends on the circs...most people now stow their gear so not had to do it in ages... lemmi know if its bugging you though we can sort it.

Hope to see you all somepoint this week...

EB

For the record: I will never ask for anything I've lost, no matter the reason. My mantra in dayZ: There is always more stuff. And in this latest case: my own stupidity/poor decision. In the future I know to: store toolbelt items, and keep a civ skin around to swap into before events. I generally drop them. I've already replaced most of the toolbelt items, including all the important ones, and got a camo skin, which I prefer over the ghillie anyway. I just want to know IF I wear it it won't be removed by script as per a post a couple of months ago related to clan skins. I am not talking about the soldier skin I have from the event, I mean a separate camo skin I looted. I actually like the soldier skin the best, but those are no longer lootable as per 1.7.6 IIRC.

As to the loot, I want to elaborate a little. I don't find that the loot tables in general are too much (at all), I really think it's just that set of crates on the far southwest coast, you know the ones. Not speaking for Anton here, just me. If they generated their loot once every couple of weeks, that would be more balanced, methinks. A new coyote backpack plus all that ammo each restart seems a bit much, but as I said before: very minor. I also like the idea of that kind of crate being dropped randomly somewhere in the woods, as stated in the main server description. It definitely takes the sting out of that forlorn spawn, though. I'd maybe replace the coyote backpack with an alice, survival ACU, or british assault; no one would complain about finding any of those upon spawning. Or randomize it. Whatever, really. I still think it's the best server I've played. Just need more people.

Hi guys, what's been going on? It's been very quiet on the forum. Sorry I haven't had much of a chance to get on. I've been very busy with work and in the middle of moving house also. Just touching base seeing how everyone is. Miss playing with you guys, hanging out for some DayZ when I get home.

Yo Nim, et al.

The shitty spring weather finally broke here in the NE of US, so I've been outside most of the time, and working on the yard, pool (and swimming in it). Been hard to think about sitting at the PC lately. Got my headset and mic, and then life intruded. When I do check in I check the server and no one has been on, so I was playing wasteland a bit, and then nothing. Hopefully will get back on at some point when you and others are around. Just realized it's event day and missed it again. :-(

Yo Nim, et al.

The shitty spring weather finally broke here in the NE of US, so I've been outside most of the time, and working on the yard, pool (and swimming in it). Been hard to think about sitting at the PC lately. Got my headset and mic, and then life intruded. When I do check in I check the server and no one has been on, so I was playing wasteland a bit, and then nothing. Hopefully will get back on at some point when you and others are around. Just realized it's event day and missed it again. :-(

Hey man, probably be a couple of weeks before I get back on. Just been moving house this week and won't have my Internet hooked up for probably a week and a half :-( is going to suck but I've got plenty of unboxing to do. Hope to see you all again on soon.

I haven't been on lately cause I moved house and have had no Internet for a couple of weeks. And work and shit. But have you or are you updating to the latest patch Evil?

Hey all... yeah i cud update the server... if ppl wanted but no one seems to be using it much anyhow these days... try as we might people dnt log so probably gunna stay quiet till standalone tbh now. We shall have to wait n see... we will start coming bak on if it gets busy but the only real imense fun left is hunting people now and we dint wanna play like that as such so we only log for the events now if ppl show up. Hope ur move went smoothly mukka... tek it easy catch u about soon

Hey guys, long time. What's been going on? Do you guys still play on the server? Is the server still up? I've been massive slack and I can't even check as I'm away at work. Miss the gold old days.