{GBYC} EvilBunny

GREAT SERVER, BALANCED, FRIENDLY, TRY US --> Devils Castle Will Fall | DayZ 1.7.6.1 | [GBYC] - New Abandoned Cities | Alt Loot Tables | Sidechat on

Server Changes  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Day&Night Changes with Streetlights

• Keep current setup 1.5Hrs night 6.5Hrs day every restart
    • Use setup of 3Hrs night and 5Hrs day every restart but add streetlights
    • Extend Night but dont add streetlighting.

program you using btw?? sixupdater?? or dayz commander

That's just the DayZ actual login menu. But I use DayZ commander but haven't found devils castle in it ever. I just connect to remote every time in dayz

cheers for the pics... that must be a glitch in the arma2 game search somewhere .. as far as i know ip conflicts on the same port would result in packet loss and all sorts which we dont get... nor i am guessing do they.... because someone would have complained before now lol. anyhow thanks for the heads up... we are not too far from there i dnt think and we have transport and blood bags so i can come save your life again lol :P

So, define "friendly." :-)

I'm all for PVP, and for banditry - makes it more exciting. On yesterday, only person on, decide to use it to gear up. Get an m4a3cco, ghillie, BA pack, hit the new city grab a temp huey, go to NWAF to check that out and TaDeadMage logs on asking me where I am. I ask where he is. NWAF. I say "same." Asks me for blood, and other requests for help. Have none. I'm sitting prone next to an mi17 outside the ACT as he is fumbling around on top of the tower, and then down below, aggroing zombies. He comes out, I have my sights on his face. "Where are you, north or south?" "Close to you." At one point he runs within two meters of me. I'm not a bandit, so I don't shoot him. He dies via zombie. I feel badly. I was about to logout. He asks if I can take a heli and come and get him to take him back to his body. Yeah, okay. So I fly down to cherno, on the way deciding that I'll just give him the heli and logout, hanging around the city for higher population times. I tell him to take the chopper, get out and turn away from the heli to log out, and he shoots me with the guns from the huey. I literally had the "abort" menu up.

I log back in and decide to see if I can sneak on him, but he flies the huey away past Kamenka, and though I heard it for a bit, lost it. We're talking in chat during the time. I ask if he has a clan, just wondering what bandit clans might be on (though his humanity is just under the hero level, and he had no bandit skin, else I would have killed him at NW). He mentions "yeah, and I'm also friends with the admins."

I thought it was amusing, but also disappointing in this sense: Next time I have some unknown in my sights ... kill them? That was my first reaction, but no. I'm not going to behave like a coward because others do. To me, this is not skill. You're not displaying elite dayz killing skills by deception and shooting someone in the back. That works once.

Anyway, I'm not angry about what happened, and I'll check out the server again, but when you advertise "friendly server" and there is a guy who behaves in the way above who says that he's a friend of the admins, makes one wonder what that means.

And anyone else who has, might, and is playing on the server: if you get TaDeadMage in your sights, kill him. :-)

Oh, and just to add to the IP/port conflict - definitely two servers show up on the same IP/port combination, which I thought was somewhat odd. I know many servers can be hosted on the same IP address, but thought the ports had to be unique.

can confirm.. checked with our host... all attempts to resolve our servers IP result in correct connections. be it through windows cmd, mac terminal , online IP DNS lookup.. all correctly point to our server so i am gunna attribute your findings to a glitch in arma2 game finder...

server is stable and up at the moment with no errors showing or problems :P

I'm all for PVP, and for banditry - makes it more exciting. On yesterday, only person on, decide to use it to gear up. Get an m4a3cco, ghillie, BA pack, hit the new city grab a temp huey, go to NWAF to check that out and TaDeadMage logs on asking me where I am. I ask where he is. NWAF. I say "same." Asks me for blood, and other requests for help. Have none. I'm sitting prone next to an mi17 outside the ACT as he is fumbling around on top of the tower, and then down below, aggroing zombies. He comes out, I have my sights on his face. "Where are you, north or south?" "Close to you." At one point he runs within two meters of me. I'm not a bandit, so I don't shoot him. He dies via zombie. I feel badly. I was about to logout. He asks if I can take a heli and come and get him to take him back to his body. Yeah, okay. So I fly down to cherno, on the way deciding that I'll just give him the heli and logout, hanging around the city for higher population times. I tell him to take the chopper, get out and turn away from the heli to log out, and he shoots me with the guns from the huey. I literally had the "abort" menu up.

I log back in and decide to see if I can sneak on him, but he flies the huey away past Kamenka, and though I heard it for a bit, lost it. We're talking in chat during the time. I ask if he has a clan, just wondering what bandit clans might be on (though his humanity is just under the hero level, and he had no bandit skin, else I would have killed him at NW). He mentions "yeah, and I'm also friends with the admins."

I thought it was amusing, but also disappointing in this sense: Next time I have some unknown in my sights ... kill them? That was my first reaction, but no. I'm not going to behave like a coward because others do. To me, this is not skill. You're not displaying elite dayz killing skills by deception and shooting someone in the back. That works once.

Anyway, I'm not angry about what happened, and I'll check out the server again, but when you advertise "friendly server" and there is a guy who behaves in the way above who says that he's a friend of the admins, makes one wonder what that means.

And anyone else who has, might, and is playing on the server: if you get TaDeadMage in your sights, kill him. :-)

Oh, and just to add to the IP/port conflict - definitely two servers show up on the same IP/port combination, which I thought was somewhat odd. I know many servers can be hosted on the same IP address, but thought the ports had to be unique.

thankyou for taking the time to post mate.

and i can assure you TaDeadMage has no god damn affiliation to admins lol.. he plays the server... and ofc like you all are... all welcome to play how you see fit... unfortunately tho it wont be the first time that he has done that and claimed to be pally with admins... grrr. frustrating...

sorry you were the one to get the brunt of it... i will clear this up now just to confirm things for new players..

admin access is me only no one else has that kinda access

Nimrod knows me.

[AWOL] partial bandit clan depending on SuperMonkey's mood lol

[RSB] are a bandit clan [RSB]=roadside bandits so avoid or kill on sight...lol

[GBYC] my guys from work all friendly and will only fire when shot at.

[MERC] same principle as [GBYC] only shoot when shot at and again know me

unfort with it being an open server and we want to get a good rep etc i wont ban simply for play style etc... only for hacking or exploiting glitches.

which means on the rare occation you get someone like TaUndeadMage on (who has even been known to change profile name to get ppl) nothing i can do mate.. sorry.. thats just the nature of the game at the moment.

Hope that helps clear things up a bit more for yas all. :)

Also i would appreciate people not claiming to know admins etc when you dont lol

on a serious note though thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts.. hope to see you on again soon

Edited by {GBYC} EvilBunny

thankyou for taking the time to post mate.

on a serious note though thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts.. hope to see you on again soon

Hey, thanks for the response. To be clear, I didn't really believe him, which is why I posted. Also, I don't think he did anything deserving of a ban. He played as a bandit as he sees it defined. I think it's a cowardly, trollish way to play, but fine, no worries. There will be others. Now I know. Thanks for the info on the clans; I'll definitely be on again.

• Like 2

Hey, thanks for the response. To be clear, I didn't really believe him, which is why I posted. Also, I don't think he did anything deserving of a ban. He played as a bandit as he sees it defined. I think it's a cowardly, trollish way to play, but fine, no worries. There will be others. Now I know. Thanks for the info on the clans; I'll definitely be on again.

good to know mate thanks again...

and yeah i wouldn't ban for that anyhow i only mentioned bans to illustrate that we are accepting of all "as a server owner" except hackers and exploiters... good to know you will be back on soon mate... take it easy ., cyas on the NWAF sometime :P

Just too add my two cents worth to this discussion, I've never had any problems no been killed by any GBYC members. Come to think about it I c and recall actually being killed in the non event world by anyone on this server yet ( excluding, accidental ((cough.. Biplane head on )) vehicular occurrences. I like the survival aspect of the game. And having a much around when the server is quiet. I've been playing along side the GBYC guys for a couple of months now. Great guys, always have a good laugh.

Just on a side note, to show you I am indeed friendly. Also check out my YouTube videos NimrodAUS the latest 10sec snippet is interesting and a nice effect I've never really seen in DayZ before. Check it. Called ATV towing madness

edy7e8uz.jpg

That's pretty much why you can't trust no one in this game, but I'm sure you can trust GBYC members, so far alls good with'em. Also Vlatima is a neutral / friendly player and I think he is in the MERC clan. At least I've picked him up with huey and he didn't do anything crazy.

If you see me (Rock) and my friend Grim you can trust us, we have hero skins and all that :P That is if you just don't appear behind a corner with yo gun pointing at us :D There's that ''double tap da left ctrl button twice'' not to look too hostile.

Even in the case of me & Grim we are VERY paranoid when we see, hear & meet other players, because we don't know them, they might stab us in the back soon as they get the chance. Only random person I could trust abit more is a player with hero skin.

For example if some random player asks a bloodtransfusion from me & Grim it would go down like this: One of us gives the transfusion while the other one points a gun at the woundeds guys head :D Nothing personal, just preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Might not *look* friendly, but that's how things must go if we want to protect us from sneaky backstabbers. And that's what you should have done, land the choppa 300-500m away from the guy and run away from it and tell him it's ''west/east/north/south of your position, take it''. And then log out.

When we picked up Vlatima few days ago in the huey to drop him in the airfield, I landed untill I had a visual confirmation of his location and Grim had him zeroed in with his machine gun, then I landed, picked him up, dropped Vlatima into the airfield and everyone were happy.

My general advice is with other *random* players is to play things safe. You all most could say ''assume he/they are bandits'', and you should take necessary precautions before you do ''business'' with people. Of course sometimes you're not in the position to laydown rules, for example if you're bleeding to death (u dont have medical supplies) and the other *random* player says you need to drop you're weapons to the ground before he comes and patches you up. Then you have 2 choices, bleed to death, or drop you're guns and hope the other player is friendly.

My general advice is with other *random* players is to play things safe. You all most could say ''assume he/they are bandits'', and you should take necessary precautions before you do ''business'' with people. Of course sometimes you're not in the position to laydown rules, for example if you're bleeding to death (u dont have medical supplies) and the other *random* player says you need to drop you're weapons to the ground before he comes and patches you up. Then you have 2 choices, bleed to death, or drop you're guns and hope the other player is friendly.

Thanks for all of the responses, Nimrod, EB, and Arch. I play as "Hanse" btw.

I hear everything you're saying. When something like that happens ... again, it's not a big deal, I wasn't angry, and had expected to die at some point (playing dayz you better) ... anyway, I first think "fuck it, I'm killing everybody." But then the trolls win. Then you add to that shoot-on-sight cycle. Then I shoot someone who approaches the game like I do. I'd rather take a chance and die than do that. So, I will take chances in order to help people, and I am sure that it will cause me to die again. I mostly play on epoch, 2017 and public hive and haven't died in months, so it had been a while. Anyway, yeah, I'll be back on and thanks again.

BTW - love the new abandoned town idea. Did you get the zombie hordes going yet? When I was there yesterday there were a lot of zombies, but manageable.

I missed you this morning Carl but I managed to get myself all patched up. Found another car too yay. I took a funny video while I was hunting for meat with 1100 blood. Had like 5 or 6 cows all dead around me. Had to be there. I'm off too work now so ill see you all in a week :)

I missed you this morning Carl but I managed to get myself all patched up. Found another car too yay. I took a funny video while I was hunting for meat with 1100 blood. Had like 5 or 6 cows all dead around me. Had to be there. I'm off too work now so ill see you all in a week :)

ahh shucks mukka... we were on mumble i was just gunna log when you joined... :( you never did i assumed you got called back early lol .. damn no fair lol... catch u soon tho :P

[AWOL] partial bandit clan depending on SuperMonkey's mood lol

This just made me giggle :) i mean im the only one on AWOL At the moment so :) i play my own way if i had more guys then i wouldn't play by my mood i would play nice (Most of the time)

ahh shucks mukka... we were on mumble i was just gunna log when you joined... you never did i assumed you got called back early lol .. damn no fair lol... catch u soon tho

I must have just missed you. I did get on mumble about 10:30pm your time. All good. Loving the new full moon nights with the pretty purple sky

This just made me giggle :) i mean im the only one on AWOL At the moment so :) i play my own way if i had more guys then i wouldn't play by my mood i would play nice (Most of the time)

lol ano true is suppose... should be on tonight at somepoint i imagine.. catch u then

I must have just missed you. I did get on mumble about 10:30pm your time. All good. Loving the new full moon nights with the pretty purple sky

lol gdgd that was the idea really. nothing to do with the visibility for new spawns or anything lol done specifically for the pretty purple skys :P

hahah.... also eh??? i was about till gone 23:30 my time..... you did look in the other channels right not just root lol?? we tend to use multiple channels now etc etc...

lol ano true is suppose... should be on tonight at somepoint i imagine.. catch u then

lol gdgd that was the idea really. nothing to do with the visibility for new spawns or anything lol done specifically for the pretty purple skys

hahah.... also eh??? i was about till gone 23:30 my time..... you did look in the other channels right not just root lol?? we tend to use multiple channels now etc etc...

Well I joined the mumble server and couldn't see anyone on at all?? Unless it doesn't show the people in other channels unless I switch to them? Idk. I'd be devo'd if I miss that on a technicality. Oh well bugger

EVENT tonight 21:00GMT+0 details on front page OP again.

Should have a decent turnout tonight. BSB should hopefully bring another 5 to the party lol.

Tried to log in, but it kicks me out cuz of battleye. I have v.1.192 and the server wants me to have v.1.194 I checked battleyes website and there is no v.1.194 What is this ?

Edited by ArchArcher

Tried to log in, but it kicks me out cuz of battleye. I have v1.62 and the server wants me to have v.1.64, I checked battleyes website and there is no v.1.64. What is this ?

ano to update battle eye plugin when i run arma2 i have o temp disable my avira antivirus o allow it to install otherwise it kicks me too trying to update and failing..

just temp disable it and try and rejoin ... once your in re enable ur anti virus...

It never says it fails at it, it says it is complete but it starts the v.1.192, instead of v.1.194. Also I've NEVER had to disable my F-secure or firewall to update battle eye in the past years I've played ARMA 2 OA.

EDIT: I just checked the realisim servers where I play ARMA as mil-sim, the battleeyes there is the version 1.62, so I have no idea why this server wants v.1.64.

Edited by ArchArcher

Anyway to manually update battle eye ? I'm considering to delete DayZ and reinstall it...

dunno mate.. may be only option no one else is reporting problems at the moment.... i dont understand it ad i cnt find anything orther than antivirus issues with battleye auto updates