Sign in to follow this  
SpeechMan

Vehicle repair and refuel

I think this more of a stuff for SA, but maybe this could be added to the mod as well.

The last couple of days I've been playing there's been a lot of vehicles available, thanks to the lower player count. So I've spent my time repairing these vehicles and noticed one thing, wheels are rare, sometimes a bit too rare. So here's what I think should be done:

Make wheels more common, but make jerrycans a lot harder to find. Wheels should still stay relatively rare, but since you need 4 of them to fix a car, they should be a bit more common than engine parts.

Now it's easier to repair a car but harder to fuel it.

Next, give us the possibility of refueling using canteens. In addition to making refueling take a longer time, putting fuel into canteen would change it into "Water bottle (ruined)", so it couldn't be used for water anymore.

Of course, this would mean that filling a container with fuel would need to be done through right clicking in the gear window instead of the action menu to give us control over where we put the fuel. That change would also have the effect of making filling containers take longer time, which in my opinion is a good thing.

As a added bonus, it would be great if jerrycans would degrade over time/use, but I think that's only possible in the SA, not the mod.

• Like 1

I think parts should be 'salvageable' from the wrecks we see cluttering up the road (rare chance to find intact stuff like tires or windscreens and Im sure car batteries in standalone, more common to find say scrap metal or engine parts) as well as a chance to siphon some gas from a wreck, or able to siphon from a working vehicle.

• Like 3

I think parts should be 'salvageable' from the wrecks we see cluttering up the road (rare chance to find intact stuff like tires or windscreens and Im sure car batteries in standalone, more common to find say scrap metal or engine parts) as well as a chance to siphon some gas from a wreck, or able to siphon from a working vehicle.

This sounds like an idea that's good

industrial areas have hundreds lying around...your looking the wrong places

industrial areas have hundreds lying around...your looking the wrong places

Few days ago I found a car Vyshnoye that was missing a wheel. So I run to Mogilevka that has:

2 medium industrials

3 low industrials

1 medium farm

1 low farm

In total I spent over 3 hours running around the area, emptying spawns and waiting new loot to spawn. Got a jerry can, engine parts, even main rotor assembly, but couldn't find a wheel. This wasn't the first time this happened, few weeks ago I had similar situation in Berezino. Also a while ago I was in the factory near Orlovets, found engine parts, toolbox and fuel pretty fast, but had to empty the loot piles a few times before getting a wheel.

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems as the wheel has the same spawn value as engine parts. Basically this is right, but the problem is that wheels have a lot more use. You need 4 of them for the repair and they are also the most common part to get damaged.

Or maybe I have just a very bad luck, but even when I was repairing a heli, I only found a few wheels while gathering all the required parts for the heli.

Rocket has announced that they were thinking of making vehicle parts salvagable.

So thats one thing solved.

But i do like your idea of useing canteens to refuel your car, but instead of having to go into gear (I find this annoying), it could just have the 2 options: Fill Jerrycan or Fill Canteen (Ruined)

Edited by Kanide

Few days ago I found a car Vyshnoye that was missing a wheel. So I run to Mogilevka that has:

2 medium industrials

3 low industrials

1 medium farm

1 low farm

In total I spent over 3 hours running around the area, emptying spawns and waiting new loot to spawn. Got a jerry can, engine parts, even main rotor assembly, but couldn't find a wheel. This wasn't the first time this happened, few weeks ago I had similar situation in Berezino. Also a while ago I was in the factory near Orlovets, found engine parts, toolbox and fuel pretty fast, but had to empty the loot piles a few times before getting a wheel.

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems as the wheel has the same spawn value as engine parts. Basically this is right, but the problem is that wheels have a lot more use. You need 4 of them for the repair and they are also the most common part to get damaged.

Or maybe I have just a very bad luck, but even when I was repairing a heli, I only found a few wheels while gathering all the required parts for the heli.

then you are extremely unlucky Edited by NeedzBeanz

It's not about what the rarity is it's about what you need. Since you needed wheels, you found none, and when you need more parts, you'll find none.

It's not about what the rarity is it's about what you need. Since you needed wheels, you found none, and when you need more parts, you'll find none.

Ye haha, its as if the game knows......

Also to fix the tire's being the most hit thing There should be Fix-a-flat or something to Repair them if flat or damaged slightly.

Maybe all cars should automatically have a spare tyre in it when it spawns, and a tyre flat fixing kit would be a good thing to have, you would be able to fix the tyre when its only yellow before it gets completely destroyed