Sign in to follow this  
Imafighter

Namalsk: Why do folks like it?

Its a giant deathmatch. Food and drink are not as rare as people make them seem. Military weapons are everywhere. You don't have to worry about temperature if you are not heading to the mountain army bases. What is so good about it?

I can kill people in much more rapid succession, and people don't insta log like they do on lolchernarus.

Edited by Krihelion

It's creepy as fuck that's what.

Got used to that back in Call of Duty 4. Not really creepy.

I can kill people in much more rapid succession, and people don't insta log like they do on lolchernarus.

You can't instant log...combat timer, remember?

And I'm guessing you are apart of the Deathmatch crew of DayZ.

Edited by Imafighter
  • Like 2

I don't really like Namalsk TBH. It's just... Weird. Chernarus > all as far as I'm concerned.

Taviana is kinda cool though!

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 4

I don't really like Namalsk TBH. It's just... Weird. Chernarus > all as far as I'm concerned.

Taviana is kinda cool though!

I know what you mean. Taviana and Chernarus all the way.

Got used to that back in Call of Duty 4. Not really creepy.

Im a part of the non-carebear crew of DayZ.

Depends how I feel, I may shoot you in the foot after an hour of following you or slowly making things unfortunate for you and your friends, or I may just shoot you in the head and hide your body. Its all about dem feels

And you can combat log, the pussies who combat logged before have became skilled in the art of being a pansy. I have ran into people and I dont even have my gun up yet they are alt-f4'd, and the timer is much shorter then the average firefight, I don't always land shots in the head you know..

It was good for 2-3 weeks at best, though I have not tried the bloodsuckers one out of principle as they are not DayZ related.

• Like 1

Its a giant deathmatch. Food and drink are not as rare as people make them seem. Military weapons are everywhere. You don't have to worry about temperature if you are not heading to the mountain army bases. What is so good about it?

There's you answer right there. :ph34r:

I like the idea behind . The fact that its a Stalker copy bothers me though.

As you said . Chernarus > any other map.

I think the new Stalker stuff makes it better, but I still hate it. I played it for 30 minutes, deleted it and never played it again.

• Like 2

Its been the only good map I've played other than Chernarus. Yeah the amount of weapons is way too high, but I like it. I haven't tried all the maps though, just Nam, Lingor, and Taviana I believe. I also am one that loves the STALKER elements they put in the map, despite some faults with them lol Bloodsuckers are annoying, but at least they are a freaking challenge. They just need to be tweaked.

The only good thing about that map is the sound effects, other than that its just a frustrating map to me which is why I uninstalled it and not looked back since.

Cherno is where its at ;)

Edited by WilkoZ

Its discovery is a temperature system and food scarcity. You need to keep your hands steady, you have to pay for visiting high-reward places, and it introduces the whole new gameplay element. I mean, technically it's possible to get sick in Chernarus, but in reality it doesn't play any significant role there. Unfortunately, military bases and mountains in general aren't critical in Namalsk, because you can find a weapon literally everywhere (but still, they offer a high reward).

Theoretically, the temperature system could be used for keeping deathmatch levels at minimum and concentrating on survival, but Namalsk is too small for that. Also, most, if not all, Namalsk servers seem to run in easy mode - nameplates, daylight only, starting weapons, tons of vehicles and all that. This is what I just don't understand.

Scattering critical locations away from each other (for example, matches and antibiotics can be obtained in different parts of the map) also looks like a nice feature, because it stimulates traveling. Again, the map is just too small for that, and there are too many bottlenecks. You can easily snipe at the dam without worrying about temperature or anything other.

Somehow that doesn't prevent some people escaping from an AS50 hit unharmed with Alt-F4 -_-

(seriously, I've hit the guy with .50 once, I saw the blood myself, he DCed instantly, and I've got no murder. Truly an amazing reaction time)

Edited by KizUrazgubi

Since no one has mentioned it...Namalsk is too small, it gets boring to run over the same places to often....and to much military weapons

I stick to Chernarus, its what the cool kids play... Rad.

Namalsk is my second favorite map after Chernarus,it is the only map where you feel the cold,the chaos and it reminds me of the civil war in Yugoslavia.

Namalsk is what you play when you're trigger happy. It's strictly a military map, looting and killing is all you do in it and very rarely will you find bases and people saying "Hey, friendly?".

I stick to Chernarus, its what the cool kids play... Rad.

A more interesting thread would be 'Why do you like Chernarus ?' Why ?

A more interesting thread would be 'Why do you like Chernarus ?' Why ?

Because it's BIS made. Top reason.

It's cruel and awesome. The map design is pretty, you need to search for food/drinks and there are awesome events like the EVR and Bloodsuckers!

Edited by TSAndrey

Namalsk is very immersive; Namalsk feels more like the aftermath of a worldwide disaster should. The empty spaces, malevolent feeling pine forests, and forlorn background noise combine--for me--into a wholly desolate, sometimes nerve severing experience. That said, I have come to know the island's roads quite well (it is a smaller map). I was also initially spoiled by my first several days in Namalsk as a friend had just rented a new server and for some time the population was just me or me and a few others. Namalsk is more hardcore; both from an environmental survival aspect and a PvP one, and the opportunity to try out a variety of weapons is interesting. I also am a big fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game series, so the EVRs and Bloodsuckers and other Chernobyl-esque touches suit me. I am now playing on a hardcore veteran server that allows first person view only. Armed with an SVD Camo, an MP5SD; I stick to the forests, hunt game and refill water bottles, and spend time watching other players, but rarely engage them unless they decide to stalk me. Great fun.

If you only play DayZ because you like to run around alone looting, you are in the beginner stage of DayZ players. How long have you played this mod, one month? Survival is not a challenge at all, so what else is there to do than hoarding the best gear and vehicles, while killing people in the process? Edited by MarcDaKind

If you only play DayZ because you like to run around alone looting, you are in the beginner stage of DayZ players. How long have you played this mod, one month? Survival is not a challenge at all, so what else is there to do than hoarding the best gear and vehicles, while killing people in the process?

hoarding the best gear and vehicles, while meeting up with ppl in the process or just letting them go... or stealing their vehicle while they don't look^^...