Sign in to follow this  
maninthewall

High ping being OP

Hi.

I noticed recently that whenever there are players with +200 ping on the server, it automatically becomes laggy. I can shoot someone in the head, and he dies 5-6 seconds later. When that time has passed, he has already killed me which makes close quarter combat unfair and unbalanced.

What can we do about this?

I think it's the game itself that is laggy, I am fully aware of this still being in Alpha version, but we must do something about the lag, I believe this game is going to have more than 60 players in its full version, when lag is NOT acceptable!

Have you also experienced this or is it only me?

200+ ping is on the high end, do you not have access to lower ping servers? I have experienced that but sine I changed to a lower ping (40-70) it's not much if an issue...except in cities where the fps drops to like 4!!

I think it may be you.. there are servers that are laggy, and they can be frustrating to play on, so i generally change servers... But as a general rule, someone running a much greater latency, is at a huge disadvantage, in my experience, in every online game ive played.

200+ ping is on the high end, do you not have access to lower ping servers? I have experienced that but sine I changed to a lower ping (40-70) it's not much if an issue...except in cities where the fps drops to like 4!!

I play on less than 100 ping servers, that's not the problem. It's the other players that is the problem. I see people sometimes with 1000 ping HOW THE F

Try and find a server that automatically kicks players if their ping is 200-300+

What he said. The more high pinged players, the more laggy your experience will be

Edited by ToxicSludge