Kenji (DayZ)

Don't ever get a server through Defconservers.com

I wanted to purchase a server through this company, I went ahead and put an order in, but less than an hour later canceled my order. They charged me anyways, even after expecting to not get my full refund, I asked to see if I could get a partial. I was shocked when they said that they would not be returning any of my money. I put in a complaint to the better business bureau and informed the Defcon of so and this was their reply.

"That's fine. We aren't affiliated with BBB and could give a shit what they think.

If you need anything else please let us know.

Support Staff

DefconServers.com

support@defconservers.com"

Pure professionals, don't ever get anything from these guys ever.

I've had nothing but a great experience with them.

Do you think its ok for them to charge me for absolutely nothing, basically generating an invoice?

I think its just bad business, and I will share this with the rest of the community. People need to know when companies screw other people over.

just call your credit card company and take the money back. services not rendered

Great idea, I'll have to do it tomorrow, Thank you for the suggestion!

why did you place an order and then take it back seems to me there might be more to this story then you are saying LOL

why did you place an order and then take it back seems to me there might be more to this story then you are saying LOL

I was offered a better price, they had not completed anything. Its an open market, gotta go where the good deals are.

I looked up their terms of service

1. All services rendered by Defconservers are non-refundable. This includes, but is not limited to: setup fees, one time fees, monthly service fees, upgrade fees, additional service fees, administrative fees, and late fees.

So technically they don't have to refund. If customer support really did say that to you though, that's really unprofessional. However, I'd like to hear both sides of the story before passing judgement in my mind.

I looked up their terms of service

1. All services rendered by Defconservers are non-refundable. This includes' date=' but is not limited to: setup fees, one time fees, monthly service fees, upgrade fees, additional service fees, administrative fees, and late fees.

[/quote']

So technically they don't have to refund. If customer support really did say that to you though, that's really unprofessional. However, I'd like to hear both sides of the story before passing judgement in my mind.

Well the owners are more than welcome to come and defend themselves. But this was less then an hour from the time I had sent in my order to the time I had it canceled. I will be contacting my CC company regardless to dispute the charges and the report to the BBB is already in. So as I see it, there is the claim for non refunds on SERVICES rendered, but no services were rendered. The only work they did was charging my CC and I don't think that's worth the money I paid.

You agreed to a contract with them and then submitted payment.

Its your own fault you tried to pull out and failed to do so before it was too late. I don't think they owe you anymoney if you clicked "I agree" "I accept the terms of the agreement" etc.

If you didn't agree to the contract then yes they should give you your money back. But somehow I doubt this is the case.

Its your own fault you tried to pull out and failed to do so before it was too late. I don't think they owe you anymoney if you clicked "I agree" "I accept the terms of the agreement" etc.

If you didn't agree to the contract then yes they should give you your money back. But somehow I doubt this is the case.

This !

i think it's totally retarded you paid for a 30 day service thus should refund a partial refund at least terms and conditions mean nothing if they are not backed up by legal papers i'm sure distance selling regulations may come into play here also Google it

here in the uk dsr states the following

Distance selling and online trading

Customers rights to return goods and cancel services

When selling to consumers online or using distance-selling methods customers have the right to change their minds and either return the goods or cancel the services. This period of time is known as the cooling-off period during which they have an unconditional right to cancel.

In the case of services, the cooling-off period normally ends seven working days after the day the order was made - or after written confirmation is received.

In the case of goods, the cooling-off period normally ends seven working days after the day the goods are received.

Consumers must inform you in writing - by letter, fax or email - of their decision to cancel.

Consumers' money should be reimbursed as soon as possible - within a maximum period of 30 days.

Your contract should also specify who pays the postage fees to return unwanted goods.

However, there are some exceptions to the right to cancel. Consumers can't cancel if the contract is for:

accommodation, transport, catering or leisure services

package travel

food, drinks or other goods delivered regularly to the consumer's home or workplace by a 'regular roundsman' such as a milkman or domestic oil supplier

goods made to the customer's specification

goods that are perishable or can't be returned, such as frozen food and fresh flowers

audio or video recordings or computer software that the consumer has opened

newspapers or magazines

betting, gaming and lotteries

premium-rate telephone and website services

services that begin, by agreement, before the end of the cooling-off period

not sure what they are in different parts of the world i'd read up on it

Yeah, that's not really how it works. You can't just make a contract that circumvents existing consumer legal protections - like being charged for services or materials that were never delivered or rendered.

You have your answer. Just call your credit card company and tell them the company has charged you for a service you never received. They will cancel it no questions asked.

Set up a dispute for services not rendered today. My only hope is that I save future customers from this companies horrible business ethics.

Just call your CC company anyway. Let them deal with it.

(And then purchase from NFO)

I tried them about a month ago. NEVER USE THEM...... I cancelled my service after 10 days. Support is rude, Lie and misleading. Would never use Defcon Servers for anything!!!!

F- in my book for a hosting company.

Heard bad things about them for a long time. Never tried them, never would.

to be honest with a name like defconservers can we really expect much othre then a hacker run organization

anyone heard of defcon? LOL google it

• Like 1

I wanted to purchase a server through this company' date=' I went ahead and put an order in, but less than an hour later canceled my order. They charged me anyways, even after expecting to not get my full refund, I asked to see if I could get a partial. I was shocked when they said that they would not be returning any of my money. I put in a complaint to the better business bureau and informed the Defcon of so and this was their reply.

"That's fine. We aren't affiliated with BBB and could give a shit what they think.

If you need anything else please let us know.

Support Staff

DefconServers.com

support@defconservers.com"

Pure professionals, don't ever get anything from these guys ever.

[/quote']

Contact your bank & claim fraud they can reverse the transaction. Well in the UK with barclays they do after a LONG process.

Same with paypal if you chose that option.

See, that isn't how it works.

Basically, when you hit "I agree", you aren't accepting their offer of a contract, you are offering them a contract for their services based on their terms of agreement. It is they that accept your offer by taking the money.

However, if you cancel the order/agreement prior to them taking any money, no contract is in place - you removed your offer of a contract before they agreed to it.

What he did is entirely correct and allowed. What they did is in breach of contract law in most Western nations, definitely in Europe, and it's illegal - they essentially stole his money.