Sign in to follow this  
BulletCatcher (DayZ)

Unable to play since 1.7.1 upgrade

Just started playing last night and have to say I am having a blast. I was able to install and play with very few issues (had a few dropped connections) until this afternoon. I was on a server when everthing just froze up on me and I ended up having to Alt-F4 out of the game.

Upon restart I was unable to connect to any servers so I came to the forums for a bit of troubleshooting advice and noticed a new version released today. After downloading and installing 1.7.1 I restarted the game and am now able to connect again but once I spawn in it's as though I am not really connected. Everthing goes smoothly from connecting to the server to loading and I can even chat but the first sign something was wrong is there is no debug window showing zeds/bandits killed, spawned, blood etc.. My status icons are there on the right side but do not 'degrade' . I can also see other players tags from across the map. For example, I will see a tag and if I hover over it it will show me the name and distance from me. Longest I've seen so far is over 33000m away. Finally, when I approach and enter a village no zombies or supplies spawn. If I disconnect and join another server, it respawns me back to where I first froze up this afternoon so no position update is being saved either.

I've tried deleting the @dayz folder and re-downloading and re-installing the latest files available but it still happens.

Any advice or suggestions on how to fix this?

I have been having issues as well.

I tried playing earlier today, only to find that my character that is extremely thirsty...cannot have his thirst quenched. Apparently there was an update...so I us the Six launcher/updater and update the mod. Try logging in again...only to find my self logging into a wasteland of characters...all just standing idly if not in piles of dead bodies. I can apparently see the gear they have and loot them as if dead, however I'm also loosing loot as if being looted myself.

I've tried multiple servers and multiple attempts at updating. What the hell is happening? I'd REALLY like to simply spawn as usual and feed my tomagotchi/character before pointless death.

Same issue here...doesnt matter how long i run southeast in the debug wilderness/plains i get nowhere, i put a roll of quarters on W for over 30 minutes. Kept any eye on my desktop while i watched TV....after running for probably 10 minutes i came to an ocean and was just swimming across it for the next 20. Needless to say I gave up. Doesn't matter if i try respawning or which server I choose. Same problem. I'll probably just wait a week and see if they have their stuff together.

Yea same here, everything Bulletcatcher said is exactly what happens to me. he hit the nail on the head, i get every exact problem as hes getting and there's many of us who are. you said to fix this try using the six updater, well i have i deleted and reinstalled this mod and game many times and still every time i spawn im invincible. Ive used six updater multiple times, Ive used the morrow installer multiple times, Ive installed everything manually many times, and no matter what i do its sill the same thing every time. i really feel like this was the worst patch to come out yet. i haven't been able to play the game since this patch came out. everything ran smooth before and had no problems. Please help us resolve this, i know me and a few of my friends have this error/problem and its beginning to get annoying. I look at all the posts on these forums and see that most people who have problems and ask for help never get a response and that's ridiculous. I wish someone would make a video or something because i feel Ive done everything i can. Hope someone can help, Thanks!

~Oprayx

I too am having the same issues, despite reinstalling the beta, trying to roll back the patch to 1.7.1, reinstalling to 1.7.1.1, using the Six launcher to verify. Multiple efforts, no success.

I am able to get into games fairly consistently, but like the OP I have no debug monitor, no loot, no zombies, am invisible in 3rd person, and do not deplete my food, water, etc.

My solution at the moment is to wait for the next patch to roll through, this one has been pretty disastrous for me!

Yeah, I've tried updating through the six updater and such with no success. I haven't had a chance to try reinstalling the mood yet...but I feel a if simply waiting for an update/fix to come out may be healthier for my sanity. Haha

I don't know if it helps, but my spawning glitches are nut very consistent. Sometimes I spawn in a hilly grassland with live and dead survivors sitting about inanimately. Other times I spawn at my last log out location with limited sound and unable to consume items (as well as no debug monitor and a water mark message informing me of having an outdated version...meaning the updater may not be functioning properly).