y2gatti

Banned for alleged hacking

Sorry, I've' just now realized I should have posted this here. Well...I just signed up today in order to post this.

I have been playing Dayz for over a month now and it's a lot of fun. My computer is not very powerful so I get a lot of lag, but I've been working on optimizing it to make it a little better. I'm not very computer savvy, but I managed to find a server last night that worked great. (Greyz #1). I had a 26 ms ping which is by far the lowest I've ever had.

I was in Balota and killed a bandit guy and got some nice gear from him. I met up with my brother and we were running toward Cherno after cooking up some meat to give me blood after the fight w/ the bandit. As we were running we get teleported to some shore and I'm falling from the sky (as I can also see everyone else is). I realize what's going on and hear a bunch of bones breaking so I abort before I hit the ground. My brother logs on, hes on a shore w/ a broken leg and blood loss. I try to log on and I am banned by the admin.

I had my brother ask why and he said I was hacking, end of story. Then he threatened to band my brother for trying to find out why I was wrongfully accused of hacking. I thought maybe it was because I had aborted to avoid a sure death, but my brother told me everyone was complaining and the admin who banned me said they should have aborted. So I don't know what made him think it was me.

Thanks for any help. My name is Spoonman on Dayz. :)

You need to tell us details about the server.

Otherwise, simply play on another server. It sucks, but it's not the end of the world, eh?

Yeah it was just bugging me and I really liked how well the server ran. Im not sure what details i needed to give. i just know its greyz #1 server. its a US server

Can you give us an IP for the server? And, perhaps, the name of the admin in question?

Same thing just happened to me on the hypnotoad server. The cheater running the kill script will also have a player targeted who is said to be "caught hacking" in the same white letters that show your location on a login. Apparantly admins are dim-witted enough to believe that and hit the ban hammer.