Sign in to follow this  
y2gatti

Banned for alleged hacking...

Hey guys. I just signed up here today so I could get some advice about what happened to me last night.

I just started playing this game a month or two ago. I love it, it's a lot of fun. My computer is not very powerful so I get a lot of lag, but I've been working on optimizing it to make it better. I'm not very computer savvy, but I managed to find a server last night (GreyZ #1). I played for a bit and had the lowest ping I've ever gotten (26). I killed a bandit guy and got a DMR/M4cco and some other stuff.

So me and my brother are running through cherno after just cooking some food to give me blood for the firefight with the bandit. As we're running we get teleported to a shore and I'm falling from the sky (as is about 20 other people around me). I realize what's going on some I abort before I hit the ground. I can hear bones breaking below me and as it turns out my brother spawns on a shore w/ a broken leg and mega blood loss. But when I try to get back on I have an admin ban.

I had my brother ask the admin why I'm banned. He said hacking, end of story. Then he threatened to ban my brother for trying to find out why I'm banned.

Is this common? Should I just find another server and move on?

Thanks for any help/comments. And trust me, if I was a hacker I'd have more than 3 kills in the last month and less than, I dunno, 20 deaths. :)

This can be quite common, it is often difficult for admins to find out who has hacked their server. Although i'm not realy sure why he would pick you out of everyone else on the server.

It's a private hive, not much you can do. Feel free to appeal your ban in the Ban Appeals sub-forum but if they don't want to reverse it, they don't have to. Otherwise just move on and find another server to call home.

Its shame but on a private hive there is very little u can do. I was banned for being given gear by a hacker I had never even met. I actually had it equipped by them - the skin on the gun I was carrying didn't even change.