Sign in to follow this  
Pushbutton

Can't move after spawn

So a friend of mine is trying to get DayZ running. I have been playing it without a hitch for a while now and we used the same install method for his that I did for mine. Steam version, ran both before install, manually placed all files into the addons folder, installed beta, but when he logs in he cannot move or respawn.

I've seen this issue brought up under a number of different threads, but none of them seem to have an answer to how to fix it. Everything appears to work just like mine, no errors or anything while logging in, but once he is in he can't move. He also has no debug menu appear. Chat and everything still works fine. Ideas?

Anyone? I've searched around on a number of other threads, but the only one I found (via google) which claimed to have a solution in the title was an older thread that has since been replaced by another thread whining about something...

I get the same my friend ! we wil just have to see...

I have noticed that when this happens letter are on screen but very faintly written so they cab hardly be seen. Couldnt read mine.

I found a solution for the problem: I discovered, when starting the game and checking my controls configuration, my controls weren't set at all.. I used the option 'set to default' to load a config, now its just working fine!