Sign in to follow this  
pr3llox

GasMask?

will we be getting the sexy gas mask to decrease our infection level in the SA?

Edited by KC Pr3lLoX

yeah i'm kinda confused too.... ummm both?

sounds nice, but u should have a disadvantage when wearing a mask, ex. lower run speed / much more exhausted

Maybe they should introduce gas mask that you have to put on when entering some contaminated areas like some towns,for example where military tried to bomb the zombies with some A-bomb.

M17 gas mask is confirmed so far, or it could be Czech m10. Saw it on one video.

The M17 is an outdated, cheap piece of shit. The M10 included. Most are beyond 20 years past their expiration date.

Most don't even work anymore. Hell, I doubt if any even work at all.

Tear gas is probably the only think it would protect you against. But even rags can be used effectively against tear gas.

I don't think these masks have even been used in the past 10 years. I'd expect something a little more up-to-date, especially since it would be coming from the Chernarussian military.

will we be getting the sexy gas mask to decrease our infection level in the SA?

If the infection is airborne, then why don't we get infected 24/7 in the current mod? A gas mask would be useless. I'm also pretty sure survivors are immune to whatever infection that caused everything.

/rant

Edited by Death Dealer

but the model looked exactly like M17, well storaged gas masks with new filters could be used.

but the model looked exactly like M17, well storaged gas masks with new filters could be used.

Pretty sure the filters are built-in, and they haven't been manufactured in ages.

A lot of these old surplus masks can have harmful materials and chemicals in them, which can harm you or even kill you.

It could be a generic gas mask since this is a game.

Also you can get infected while near other players so a mask might help with that

sounds nice, but u should have a disadvantage when wearing a mask, ex. lower run speed / much more exhausted

i agree on being more exhausted faster. because breathing is much harder with a gas mask. it should also look like you are wearing a gas mask when in 1st person mode. decreasing visibility.

• Like 1

Gas mask makes me exicted for all the other features it hints at. Currently there are 0 reasons to use a mask.

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 2

Gas mask makes me exicted for all the other features it hints at. Currently there are 0 reasons to use a mask.

Well if their intentions for the Gasmask is some way of protecting yourself from certain diseases or when in contact with an infected survivor, then it will be one of the most prized possessions to be placed on the map.

Which could really change the dynamics of the SA in comparison to the mod, but we'll have to wait and see how they implement the disease mechanics. Looks really promising.

i agree on being more exhausted faster. because breathing is much harder with a gas mask. it should also look like you are wearing a gas mask when in 1st person mode. decreasing visibility.

Its very hard. Ran 2 km with a gasmask during my basic training was so exhausted after 5 min of running. I agree they should also add a visbility punishment.

This, if they're adding gas masks make them have a function and disadvantage.

for example where military tried to bomb the zombies with some A-bomb.

You'd need a lot more than a gasmask.

You could argue gas masks could be used to protect against disease, but the disadvantages outweigh the advantages by a lot.

Pros

• Protection against viruses (disease)

Cons

• Limits physical activity
  • Limits vision
  • Short expiration time in contaminated environments
  • Risk of outdated filters
  • Not all filters are designed to fend off viruses