Sign in to follow this  
malau

Will standalone support the non-Chernarus maps ?

Does anyone know if the SA will at some point in development, support the use of custom maps - Celle, Taviana, Namalsk etc ? Or will we be stuck forever with the either love it or loathe it Chernarus(+) ?

And will it have it's own built in server finder, or will it still use DayZ Commander ?

I would imagine, given the large amount of user content that Arma supports and DayZ has, we'll probably be seeing custom maps imported or created from scratch in the new(?) engine. I'm certain there are many mappers/modders out there waiting to get their hands on the standalone. How long that will take, and in what manner we'll see it happen is hard to tell.

I'm just guessing, though. I have no real evidence to support anything I just said. B)

• Like 1

Not initially. They haven't decided how to handle additional maps down the track yet, they would be a long way away regardless. (2014+)

I expect it will use steams server browser (I really hope they don't try and reinvent the wheel)

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

I think they should, hence that modders create more gameplay for rocket and he doesn't have to do anything for it! It's a great way for the community to help the community and improve the gameplay while that rocket's team might be thinking of new things to implement rather than having to spend time on creating new maps.

Like it's now, i hope these guys get their maps (like lingor, fallujah etc) also to the standalone :D

• Like 1

Wait untill they're out of alpha.

I personally can't wait to go to Cherno/Elektro and see some building interiors myself.

• Like 1

They're not gonna allow modding, so no.

I believe they said at a later point in time they may support modding? Sorry if im wrong.

• Like 1

I hope they do allow community maps :) Dean 'Rocket' Hall has said in the past he supports and enjoys the community made mods but BI are behind it with the money so maybe they'll veto it :(

I quickly got bored with just playing Chernaus and loved the likes of Lingor Island and more recently Taviana, The modding of a mod like Dayz 2017 is also a great addition

I'd quite happily pay for an expansion pack with a new map etc, Maybe the community can design the maps and BI check the code, We the player then pay a small fee to access these verified maps

This way we get great addons, BI can take £/$x.xx to cover the code verification and after that the map designers get paid :) The better the map or addon the more it will sell and encourage designers to make something fantastic

I think Rocket said that they will later on support community made maps, but at start, it's gonna be strictly Chernarus. Which isn't bad, because it will include a revamped Chernarus with enterable buildings and new areas.

And Rocket also said he would like to add a Western (USA) map for DayZ too:

Q: I've been quite impressed by Seattle map in TOH. Would it be possible to rework the map to make it playable in DayZ

A: It's very impressive map, but the issue is more it was designed for something specific (helicopters). DayZ needs interiors, they're really important. I think DayZ needs a new map, BI made, that features a western city... let's just say I have plans. :)

http://www.reddit.co...for_harder_and/

(Quoted thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/118209-dayzgame-qa-with-rocket-on-reddit-jan-2013/)

Edited by Sutinen