Sign in to follow this  
adcamo (DayZ)

Mechanic Idea: Blood Transfusion Cannot recover blood lost due to hunger.

Health lost from being hungry/thirsty cannot be recovered by Transfusion, however transfusion will recover any other damage that was lost.

Makes sense, but seems unnecessary.

I dissagree, when i'm dying of hunger, i shouldn't be magically cured by a blood transfusion. I need to eat to get better.

So how would you work around that? If your health / blood is low how you going to tell the engine not to fill up the food shortage? Oh look a BB i can use this to fill my health / blood up.

Its a mechanic that would need serious work.

And how can you not find food? its everywhere even on Namalsk I found it all over. If your running out of food your probably going to need a bit more practice looting places and familiarise your maps a bit more. Really, it is not hard finding food over BB's.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

I dissagree, when i'm dying of hunger, i shouldn't be magically cured by a blood transfusion. I need to eat to get better.

Yep, you can't just infuse the blood and suddenly feel better, you need to feed in order to get your daily ration of vitamins, mierals and whatever to keep your body running.

And afaik the devs mentioned something about splitting food and health.

The way i'm thinking about it, with your total blood pool being 12,000 blood. If you lose 4,000 of it due to hunger slowly ticking away at your blood, and then take damage from a zombie for 3k, when you do a blood transfusion, you only get the 3k blood back, not the 4k from hunger.

Health and blood are going to be separate things in standalone, if I've remembered the list of changes correctly. If you changed this to 'health lost' from 'blood lost' from hunger/thirst, then this would be a solid suggestion, if already in the works, as I believe it to be.